3DXChat Community

Tips for a New Member

JackPine

New member here, and so excited to hopefully getting to know many of you!  After outfitting my avatar and checking out my room, I see I have some work learning how to navigate the controls and moving about.  Is it best to practice a bit in private to work out those kinks, or is it okay to barge into a public place and show off the true noob that I am? 

46 minutes ago, IKushiel said:

aslong you dont start colding people randomly, meaning asking for partnering up/befriending/inviting them to your room without communicating in some way that this is okay for them you can do whatever you want. nobody will bother.

Yup. It's always better to start a conversation first, wether in Local chat to gauge the mood, or through private messages, before you start offering hugs, slow dancing or invites. 

Happy hunting!

My tip to my fellow noobs.  Just go in cold turkey.  I stumbled through rooms, walking into walls and tripping over people.  Make fun of yourself, be kind and friendly, and don't be afraid to ask for help.  I have already made a number of friends already, including some that took my breath away. 😉

On 4/18/2020 at 2:42 AM, IKushiel said:

aslong you dont start colding people randomly, meaning asking for partnering up/befriending/inviting them to your room without communicating in some way that this is okay for them you can do whatever you want. nobody will bother.

Pretty much this ^^^^^^

I have been here for far to long to admit too. And I can say for certain that people here are looking to "engage" with other people inside the game. That means, its not just about sex ... *GASP* I know ... crazy right. But really, I have found some deep meaningful friendships within this game. I have been away for over a year, and its nice to resubscribe and see some familiar faces and be able to catch up with them. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/23/2020 at 11:04 PM, JackPine said:

My tip to my fellow noobs.  Just go in cold turkey.  I stumbled through rooms, walking into walls and tripping over people.  Make fun of yourself, be kind and friendly, and don't be afraid to ask for help.  I have already made a number of friends already, including some that took my breath away. 😉

Stumbled across this thread by misclicking and recognizing the name of the OP in the list. 

You been making progress since this thread hm?

Got some more advice for newbie players now that you’re no longer one of them?

On 4/23/2020 at 4:04 PM, JackPine said:

10 hours ago, Derai said:

Stumbled across this thread by misclicking and recognizing the name of the OP in the list. 

You been making progress since this thread hm?

Since that 4/23 date seems so long ago, my habits have changed.  Recently, my time in game has been limited due to a variety of reasons.  So my friends list hasn't grown that much.  What has grown is the strength of those connections with many of those I have met.  Whether through the game, discord, or here at the forum, I have been able to stay in touch and keep those friendships valid and current.  I am definitely moving towards quality versus quantity.  But, that is just me.

Got some more advice for newbie players now that you’re no longer one of them?

I am coming at this as a straight male, so my advice for those of you like me:

• Profiles matter!  Try to make yours stand out, but ensure it is honest about you.  
  • No "hru".  For example, you are at the beach sitting next to a beautiful woman.  Start the conversation with, "The sound of the surf here is so peaceful, isn't it" or some other line about the place you find yourself in together.  If that gets a response, introduce yourself, and see where it leads.  It is always helpful to reference something from their profile, if possible.  That means you are taking that step to know more about them.
  • Don't be afraid to use local chat, certainly if you are in a room that is being active in local chat.
  • Be active on other platforms that are 3dx-related.  Make your presence known here.  If you meet some people that have a discord that interests you, get yourself invited.
  • Be patient.  If you find someone you click with, take the time to chat, flirt, and make the moment(s) about them.
  • Use your mind, and be descriptive.  As you move to partnering with someone, don't just cycle through the poses.  It is those places in between and transitions that the real magic occurs.  You know where you want to go.  Spell it out as it happens!

5 minutes ago, JackPine said:

I am coming at this as a straight male, so my advice for those of you like me:

• Profiles matter!  Try to make yours stand out, but ensure it is honest about you.  
  • No "hru".  For example, you are at the beach sitting next to a beautiful woman.  Start the conversation with, "The sound of the surf here is so peaceful, isn't it" or some other line about the place you find yourself in together.  If that gets a response, introduce yourself, and see where it leads.  It is always helpful to reference something from their profile, if possible.  That means you are taking that step to know more about them.
  • Don't be afraid to use local chat, certainly if you are in a room that is being active in local chat.
  • Be active on other platforms that are 3dx-related.  Make your presence known here.  If you meet some people that have a discord that interests you, get yourself invited.
  • Be patient.  If you find someone you click with, take the time to chat, flirt, and make the moment(s) about them.
  • Use your mind, and be descriptive.  As you move to partnering with someone, don't just cycle through the poses.  It is those places in between and transitions that the real magic occurs.  You know where you want to go.  Spell it out as it happens!

Good advice there.
Specially the point about Discord.
There's a lot of people that use it.
It's rather secure and cross platform, it's great to keep in touch. And it is free.
Really helps to have some connections via Discord and to have that line of communication when and if 3DX is down.