3DXChat Community

Sound issues

• 2 years later...
On 4/27/2020 at 11:19 AM, lMAXl said:

@Takisa seem you don't have look my first comment, all that you said already tested except one,  OS reset. i wil maybe try OS reset as last chance .. but as other sound work perfectly foot step etc , it's just stream music that cut off.

I have a somewhat similar issue except, my music plays, just through my pc's crappy built in speakers so it sounds really tinny and like shit.... when I unplugg my headset to plug it into my work computer... and then unplug it from my work computer to plug it back into my personal PC. I don't have money to fork out at the moment for a new headset otherwise, I would so just that. So I'm getting ticked off with this issue. My music STILL plays through my stupid built in computer spearks and sounds like shit. So I can hear sex sounds, ambient sounds, game gui sounds or whatever, and chat sounds all through my headset, it's JUST the music that isn't playing through my headset. It plays externally through my pc's stupid crappy built in speakers... yet everyone is telling me it's my pc. RIIIIGHT. I am pretty tech savvy with all this kind of stuff. I have done windowsn update. Nada. disabled, enabled, uninstalled and reinstalled sound devices in device manager,check the sound setting by right clicking the spearker in the lower right corner of my pc... nothing I am finding online or doing myself is fixing my issue. The ONLY thing that does, is restarting my pc. And when I have all three accounts online and synced up, yeah, it pisses me off having to do that. I have even posted my own topic about this. That's how desperate I am getting. I would buy a new headset by a) I shouldn't have to and b) I can't afford to atm. 

On 4/29/2020 at 6:02 AM, Takisa said:

https://www.howtogeek.com/352787/how-to-set-per-app-sound-outputs-in-windows-10/
 I don’t know how else I can help you, good luck.

lol funny, I don't have that. I can't click on open sound settings that way beacuse it's NOT an option. lololol Figures.. only me... oooooonly me. xD I can get into it another way, but of course, the most convenient way won't be there for me. *rolls her eyes*

• 1 month later...

@MaraWinterdyde you don't need new headphones, I assure you they are not the problem.

What you described sounds like something is switching you audio output on your pc when you plug your headphones in.

All headphones are is  a pair of speakers, they do not control anything in your pc.

Buying new headphones you will find you will have the same issues.

Next time it happens check in your sound settings and see if that is it. There should be a section in your mixer that tells you.

As an example that happens to me, I have an oculus quest 2 and when I put it on it switches the sound output to the headset speakers and I have to manually set it back to my pc speakers.

And to the OP sounds like to me it is your pc not the game, as you stated it has been like this for a year.

I have been playing longer than a year and I have never heard of this issue till now.

I wish I had a suggestion to help you but it is not the game doing this.

• 7 months later...

I have had this issue for about a week. After reading this thread i thought to plug the pc into a wired connection. I  moved it to another room and plugged it in and sound came on......i unplugged it and connected to the same wieless and it still worked. Silly how shit happens but i hope this helps someone

Luckily my BF's pc that I use has a Sound Blaster sound card with 5.1 surround sound and 5 speakers, so the in-game "sounds" sound ok for me.

I've been told by my BF, that when he had his pc built, the Sound Blaster sound card and speakers weren't that expensive.