3DXChat Community

Sound issues

• 2 weeks later...

i get sound problem too, when i log on i can hear any music but after a while music cut and i cant hear back music except if i reboot game. tested everything.

- make music volume off ( don't work )

-  uncheck / check back enable radio ( same )

- going on private room and setup stream link or using preset radio ( same ) 

- also going on charactere editor / public room ( same )

-  reinstall the game ( same )

-  tryed also cut sound on pc directly and add back ( same )

i don't know where the problem come if someone get the same problem and manage to fix it, will really save me or if @Gizmo see the post. 

EDIT: bug still there sadly .. 😕

Edited by lMAXl

hey @everyone many games experience issues this tough times reasons are that many many ppl are in homes and in the net and traffics are huge resulting to issues from high pings to packet loss and to instability .

personaly i didnt had any issues with sound in 3dxchat but i have noticed higher ping and not only to 3dxchat but to league of legends and many players report same issues in other games also due to network overload :) 

Edited by Aliviax

@Aliviax well it's for long time i have this bug on my last subscription i haved the bug and leaved because no way of fixing it. 3DX whitout music is not the same. if it shoul be because quarantine it should not be there for so many month and this appeared at the same time as the echo bug / sound from other room still playing after leaving.

if it was that simple but no..

or maybe thinking it's something linked to old update and when uninstall it don't totally uninstall 3DX like traces of it still on PC and that this thing doing the bug but doubt it 

1 reinstall the game,
2 reinstall the sound drivers
3 go into deeper sound settings with a predefined sound output device for certain applications
4 reinstall your OS
p.s. most users don’t have a problem like this, therefore the problem is local ...

2 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

No it is not the way the music is broadcast for it happens in public room too. You restart the game and music is back.

With being on 3dx for three years I do know how to jiggle the handle for music and this is not my problem. It is something in game. Not my computer as I can hear music with no issue on every other game or ap. I can hear streams played through my browser.  I cannot hear anything, not even ambient sounds, directly broadcast through 3dx.

i would say if a dozen  have music issue from the thousand of users its not 3dxchat its something between them and the stream link 

if everybody have issues with music then its 3dxchat (and its not the case here ) 

If a handfull have issues its their client and they need a fresh reinstal 

why i say that ? simple when something in a game dont work its doesnt work for everyone :) 

if few have issues its not game or any game 

ill remind again that having music in a game and dont have in another doesnt make it a game issue 

you need to learn how net works connections to different client server whatever is different in the way they connect 

ill give you a famous example in league of legends some ppl need to open ports so patcher work cause firewall dont let the patcher and No not ur antivirus firewall i mean ^^ 

also a bad routing could easily give u those issues and yes routing to any game is different some might work wonders some not depends the route isp follows to specific centers to connect .

in short ill say when something not work for some ppl doesnt mean its a game fault cause tons of other reason for those to happen :) 

bad traffic overload network in ur hood packet loss and bad routing/path  also 20 centers in the middle before you and 3dxchat could have issues lol 

Never assume its you and 3dxchat there are another 10-20 centers/hops ur connection pass and is redirected 

34 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

i would say if a dozen  have music issue from the thousand of users its not 3dxchat its something between them and the stream link 

if everybody have issues with music then its 3dxchat (and its not the case here ) 

If a handfull have issues its their client and they need a fresh reinstal 

why i say that ? simple when something in a game dont work its doesnt work for everyone :) 

if few have issues its not game or any game 

ill remind again that having music in a game and dont have in another doesnt make it a game issue 

you need to learn how net works connections to different client server whatever is different in the way they connect 

ill give you a famous example in league of legends some ppl need to open ports so patcher work cause firewall dont let the patcher and No not ur antivirus firewall i mean ^^ 

also a bad routing could easily give u those issues and yes routing to any game is different some might work wonders some not depends the route isp follows to specific centers to connect .

in short ill say when something not work for some ppl doesnt mean its a game fault cause tons of other reason for those to happen :) 

bad traffic overload network in ur hood packet loss and bad routing/path  also 20 centers in the middle before you and 3dxchat could have issues lol 

Never assume its you and 3dxchat there are another 10-20 centers/hops ur connection pass and is redirected 

You have no idea what you are talking about and I really wish you did not lecture me. I am not assuming anything. I have been on game for 3 years. For first two I could hear the ocean and music. For the last year I cannot.  One day I had sound and the next not. This is a gaming computer and not old. I have heard from those who have been on game a long time that this has happened in the past. I know I have music elsewhere, EVERYWHERE, except on 3DX. That is NOT an assumption.

music in public locations is also taken from broadcasting servers, Alivia says correctly... The problem is in the network connection and the route that the stream come to you, somewhere along the way there is a failure. 

1 hour ago, Takisa said:

music in public locations is also taken from broadcasting servers, Alivia says correctly... The problem is in the network connection and the route that the stream come to you, somewhere along the way there is a failure. 

Yes, in the game programming. Because there is not an issue with anything else.  And I had not changed anything.

13 hours ago, lMAXl said:

@Aliviax ofc it can be problem from the PC and not 3DX.  i will try more deep clean of 3DX not simply uninstall  if something change otherwise i will do OS Reset.

@SusanLouisa do you have try a OS reset for your issue ? 

i said above many more reasons than pc or 3dxchat ^^ 

i explained above that in 1 game u can have a good internet route and for another u can have a bad route .

If it was game issue me and many other players would have issue with the musuc  but we dont have ^^

The game for everyone is the same :) whats not same is location routes isp provider data centers each player goes through till connect to something ...

If we listen to the same dj in 3dxchat or same radio station and i can hear music but u cant then its not a game fault its something else ^^

23 hours ago, Takisa said:

3 go into deeper sound settings with a predefined sound output device for certain applications

What? lol I am sure someone with more computer knowledge could do this or give me step by step instructions, but I really do not feel like messing with something I know nothing about and ending up being much worse off.  I would not even know what to look for or how to get there.

16 hours ago, lMAXl said:

@Aliviax ofc it can be problem from the PC and not 3DX.  i will try more deep clean of 3DX not simply uninstall  if something change otherwise i will do OS Reset.

@SusanLouisa do you have try a OS reset for your issue ? 

If there is an OS reset option I do not know if I have one or where to look for it.

2 hours ago, Aliviax said:

i explained above that in 1 game u can have a good internet route and for another u can have a bad route .

Each time? Every day for over a year?

2 hours ago, Aliviax said:

If it was game issue me and many other players would have issue with the musuc  but we dont have ^

Others have had it. Not for some time now however. There was a thread in the archives that indicated such.  It is game Aliviax. I know that is like sacrilege to you, but even if it is in the games route, games program, etc. It is STILL GAME SOUND. NOT any other games sound, not Netflix, not youtube, not...ANYTHING ELSE.  JUST AND ONLY 3DX CHAT. THAT MAKES IT AN ISSUE WITH 3DX CHAT.

Edited by SusanLouisa

2 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

What? lol I am sure someone with more computer knowledge could do this or give me step by step instructions, but I really do not feel like messing with something I know nothing about and ending up being much worse off.  I would not even know what to look for or how to get there.

If there is an OS reset option I do not know if I have one or where to look for it.

Each time? Every day for over a year?

Others have had it. Not for some time now however. There was a thread in the archives that indicated such.  It is game Aliviax. I know that is like sacrilege to you, but even if it is in the games route, games program, etc. It is STILL GAME SOUND. NOT any other games sound, not Netflix, not youtube, not...ANYTHING ELSE.  JUST AND ONLY 3DX CHAT. THAT MAKES IT AN ISSUE WITH 3DX CHAT.

Listen ..what you dont understand is that 9k players have installed the same game ...8990k players have no issue with music and lets say 10 have issues ..that doesnt make it a 3dxchat fault it makes it something other ..can be ur pc ur firewall can be corrupted files can be corrupted game clicent and files can be ur isp firewall can be ur isp path can be 20 data centers between you and 3dxchat can be a million stuff other than 3dxchat ^^ ... and since 99.98% of 3dxchat dont have issues means definelty something other 

So ill ask this simple question when u have an issue but i dont have it what that could mean ? since we have same game ..i mean its not that ppl install different game versions and others have more perks than some others ...  :) 

I dont know what pc u have what sound card what settings but those things can mesh things up

also mind that we are in 2020 some old pc might experience issues cause everything is upgraded 

here a example ipv 4 and ipv6 some pc dont support ipv6 if they are very old and in networks request now being send with both protocols 

if a said service only use ipv6 and ur pc dont support then u will have issue connect to that service (just a example) 

Dont get me wrong If 1000 ppl come and say hey we have issue with music then i would say its something 3dxchat related but again not something faulty but something that some other users do not support 

OMG Aliviax. Seriously. Unless you are going to tell me exactly what needs to be done to fix it then just stop. You will never convince me that this is NOT the game because IT IS. Do you really think I have not attempted to do so? I HAVE uninstalled, cleaned cache, updated all drivers, cleaned the registry, defragged, cleaned cache again, and reinstalled the game numerous times. I have had IT friends walk me through steps to try to identify it on my computer and we have found nothing on the computer to indicate that my Aleinware gaming computer has anything wrong with it other than zero sound out of 3DX. It should be noted that the game SL requires much more than 3DX to operate and I have no issue on SL. Or AChat. Or IMVU. 

Edited by SusanLouisa

I had sound at one point for about 18 months, and then now 18 months without it. Thank you Ross for confirmation that I am not the only one, however, even if I was the only one makes it no less real. Thankfully my browser plays the same streams played in open private rooms quite nicely. On other occasions I can move to my desktop which has no issue with 3DX sound and on which I play all the same games and use all the same applications. All very strange and yet all very true.

Edited to add screenshot of my sound components. If this helps identify a problem that only impacts 3DX I'd greatly appreciate any insight. Thanks in advance.

sound components.jpg

Edited by SusanLouisa