3DXChat Community

Someone wants to kill themselves

StealerXXX

Hey it’s kind of sad that the company doesn’t have a hotline and people can reach them at. 

I got a situation where some player keeps texting me saying they’re going to kill themselves on the other end in the “Real World” the users name is “ColdHottie” anyone know how I can reach the company about this or is it something I have to ignore? I really don’t take stuff like this lightly 

Direct them to a Suicide Prevention line or website - location specific if you know where they are. I'd also suggest once you've done this to block them as this also starts to sound a bit maninuplative. 

On 4/11/2020 at 7:04 PM, StealerXXX said:

Hey it’s kind of sad that the company doesn’t have a hotline and people can reach them at. 

I got a situation where some player keeps texting me saying they’re going to kill themselves on the other end in the “Real World” the users name is “ColdHottie” anyone know how I can reach the company about this or is it something I have to ignore? I really don’t take stuff like this lightly 

Any update?

22 minutes ago, Beccie said:

Really helpful comment. D*ckhead.

Okay since this actually seems to need explantion so the dumblings under you get it: the user is anonymous, even for the company. there is no way for them to "identify" the person and even they would be able to, its not likely that any institution of a foreign country would start acting on behalf of some sexgame-admin calling and sharing private data they are not supposed to have. what he or she can do to make the messages stop is hitting the ignore button. end of story.

Edited by IKushiel

37 minutes ago, IKushiel said:

Okay since this actually seems to need explantion so the dumblings under you get it: the user is anonymous, even for the company. there is no way for them to "identify" the person and even they would be able to, its not likely that any institution of a foreign country would start acting on behalf of some sexgame-admin calling and sharing private data they are not supposed to have. what he or she can do to make the messages stop is hitting the ignore button. end of story.

A few months ago, a UK-based gamer was in a conversation with a US gamer when he started to experience serious health problems. She contacted 911 and, through lightning-speed enquiries, the address of the other player was identified and paramedics were sent to give life-saving aid.

3dxchat has a route to customers via the billing company, who hold personal data.

I'm not saying this wasn't a genuine cry for help, or that it was. But it's a risky strategy ignoring someone who may be genuinely suffering and threatening self-harm. Maybe you don't care less, but luckily the vast majority of people in this world aren't like you.

Edited by Beccie

sweety. the billing company doesnt share the data with the game developers. thats the whole sense of the agreement. maybe they would be able to be forced when there are any serious crimes involved, surely not for some vague suicide danger lol. it doesnt matter the slightes if you care or not. accept it and stop moving in the internet if you dont like the anonymity and its consequences.

1 hour ago, Beccie said:

A few months ago, a UK-based gamer was in a conversation with a US gamer when he started to experience serious health problems. She contacted 911 and, through lightning-speed enquiries, the address of the other player was identified and paramedics were sent to give life-saving aid.

two fundamental differences: it was a real emergency, not some "maybe" and they were not playing a relationship-game where people are dramatic and fake all day long. youre comparing two vastly different things and then they had luck that the countries are allied, probably the game company (who actually ahd the data unlike here) was from US aswell.

Edited by IKushiel

9 hours ago, IKushiel said:

Woah buddy you sound grumpy as hell for one 2 you never know what someone is going through on the other side of the screen so it’s kind of making you look like a dick I have to agree with the guy above.

However in some case their looking for attention that’s the only thing I can agree too and it’ll be simple to just hit the ignore button. 

well you also should consider that this is a virtual reality. I bet even 80 to 90% of you don’t act the way you act that you do in the game nor in person. But some people do look for acceptance on the Internet for just being myself so they pretend to be someone that you’re not. Happens all the time

10 hours ago, AHT said:

Direct them to a Suicide Prevention line or website - location specific if you know where they are. I'd also suggest once you've done this to block them as this also starts to sound a bit maninuplative. 

They made like 3 different accounts like a damn weirdo now I’m starting to care less 

1 hour ago, StealerXXX said:

Woah buddy you sound grumpy as hell for one 2 you never know what someone is going through on the other side of the screen so it’s kind of making you look like a dick I have to agree with the guy above.

i couldnt care less what i look like while dragging someone back to reality who should be able to do that on their own by investing 1 minute of thinking time into it.

On 4/11/2020 at 2:04 PM, StealerXXX said:

Report the post. It is not fast but they will read it.  Once you do that then you have done all you can.  Its sad that some people play that card for drama but some really mean it and not being a professional it is hard to tell which is which.  

5 hours ago, StealerXXX said:

Yea they made like 2-3 different accounts looks like I found me a stalker hahaha 

Screenshot the bastard, report to the devs/mods, block them. Repeat until said person gives up. To hell with this guy.

Sadly, I've dealt with this from both sides IRL.
In my experience, those that outright tell you they are going to Kill themselves, are only trying to get attention.
Those that are truly suicidal, will not tell you they are going to commit suicide. They'll tell you happily that they found a way out, and then they fade away.
Their way out being them deciding to end it.

If you have a friend that is always depressed and they suddenly start talking happily about having found a solution, be worried.
If they go 'Im going to do it, really!' they're just trying to get you to feel for them, a cry for attention. In this case I'd take a step back and think about it.

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2020 at 6:33 PM, Derai said:

Sadly, I've dealt with this from both sides IRL.
In my experience, those that outright tell you they are going to Kill themselves, are only trying to get attention.
Those that are truly suicidal, will not tell you they are going to commit suicide. They'll tell you happily that they found a way out, and then they fade away.
Their way out being them deciding to end it.

If you have a friend that is always depressed and they suddenly start talking happily about having found a solution, be worried.
If they go 'Im going to do it, really!' they're just trying to get you to feel for them, a cry for attention. In this case I'd take a step back and think about it.

Best answer, this.