3DXChat Community

Permanent sharing location

LordArthas

Hello everyone,

i wish to have the possibility to keep an user location permanently opened and don't have a computer/account logged in forever to keep it like that.

That's, probabily, requires a lot of server space and maybe that could be made as recurring xgold payment or a small subscription fee to add at the existing one (for whom like the idea)?

@Gizmo@Lisa

53 minutes ago, Lord_Arthas said:

Hello everyone,

i wish to have the possibility to keep an user location permanently opened and don't have a computer/account logged in forever to keep it like that.

That's, probabily, requires a lot of server space and maybe that could be made as recurring xgold payment or a small subscription fee to add at the existing one (for whom like the idea)?

@Gizmo@Lisa

this is a awesome idea in second life ppl rent and buy sims AKA space on the server :) and X sim is open even f user is offline :) but they pay real dollars :) and its not cheap 1 sim can cost 600$ while u can rent 1/4 of a sim for less 

17 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

this is a awesome idea in second life ppl rent and buy sims AKA space on the server :) and X sim is open even f user is offline :) but they pay real dollars :) and its not cheap 1 sim can cost 600$ while u can rent 1/4 of a sim for less 

Well, devs will choose the way for it, ofc, but i will be the one who are gladly to pay for a server space for my club 😃

Ive wanted something like this since the World Builder was released. Because of the time zone differences around the world, I dont get to visit and see so many wonderful creations people make and not many get to see some of my builds as well. 

Just a few points, firstly, it takes little to no space or server resourses to have this type of system in place, the average home computer could host dozens of rooms as a server because the server does not display anything, all it has to do is to update the characters position XYZ and any changes each char may makes, everything else is done client side. The only thing that gets pushed is bandwidth when there are over a hundred people in a single room. I dont think anything needs to be charged for this service, this would be a small quality of life additition to the users of 3DXChat.

The system itself needs to be seperate from the Shared User Worlds that is currently in place or it will become too bloated to manage. Maybe another tab for this type of world and instead of permanent it should be weekly so active users can reset their map each week or else it vanishes from the list automatically so the list doesnt grow into something unmanagable.

On 4/2/2020 at 11:14 AM, Lord_Arthas said:

Hello everyone,

@Gizmo@Lisa

I suggested they did a premium sub plan that allow us to have room permanently open in the past, allowing money from a premium plan to go to fund extra server usage. But would definitely like a option that allow this that doesn't involve having my other PC turned on 24/7 in other to host a RP room. For me paying a premium sub would be preferable to paying for extra account plus the strain to maintain extra PC with repairs and what not long term from being pm 24/7, I dunno why it's so complicated to find some solution to make it possible.

That said would still like option to invite to private room, on premium account so maybe some option that give us premium host room 24/7 and normal temporarily opened private room.

Edited by KimmyFox

This would be a bad idea in my opinion. You would end up with lots of empty rooms open 24/7 and people spread too thinly amongst the rooms. At the moment there are approximately 10-15 rooms open that have 10+ people in them at any one time.

Giving people the option to spread themselves over more rooms would kill the social aspect of this game as it did in RLC when everyone had their own club open 24/7. The only people in the vast number of clubs was the owner and possibly one friend to keep them company. Almost everywhere became a ghost town.

Be careful what you wish for.

14 hours ago, JoePimp said:

This would be a bad idea in my opinion. You would end up with lots of empty rooms open 24/7 and people spread too thinly amongst the rooms. At the moment there are approximately 10-15 rooms open that have 10+ people in them at any one time.

Giving people the option to spread themselves over more rooms would kill the social aspect of this game as it did in RLC when everyone had their own club open 24/7. The only people in the vast number of clubs was the owner and possibly one friend to keep them company. Almost everywhere became a ghost town.

Be careful what you wish for.

Not sure it would be dozen empty rooms, if you had premium account price attached with it in order to do it, then if prize is at reasonable high. Then I imagine people with constant empty rooms would contemplate if it was really worth spending extra account money to have it open 24/7.

That said in wishful thinking world I would personally have liked they changed entire room and public zone model, got semi BIG GTA style map with with people tracker, had low polygon aesthetic buildings with having hubs to various public zone buildings, went back to some few housing choices to invite people back to. But think they're never going to put lots of effort into doing something similar to how GTA V RP and online works.

Feel like the easy accessibility to just from room to room in a instant along with ability to view rooms visitor numbers, is preventing people from actually taking a moment to enjoy where they are most the time.