3DXChat Community

Can we tone down the instant bans

Tienia

I understand certain keywords result in an instant ban, but can we at least have them go to a chat mute so the account can be looked at instead, or message with a warning so the user understands why its not smoothing to say.

The chat system already removes whatever the link or words were, I myself was a victim of this auto ban, no warning, no mute, just a permanent ban I had to appeal. I don't know If I'll get in trouble for talking about the issue here as well, I think this response is a little too draconian in response. And may push people out of the community as they get mercilessly hit with bans for saying something they had no way of knowing if they were not aware it was instant ban, even if it is in the terms of service.

I had to speak up, I love our community and I don't want its members being punished so harshly when we have other methods we could take.

Tl;dr : Tone the instant chat bans down, mutes and removal of the links or words instead with warning messages.

Also as a quick mention, not banned atm. Just a screenshot for proof that I was, delete this message if its against another TOS part I missed >;<

Well.png

Edited by Tienia

You are not alone....Lots of innocent people getting banned.

Maybe The Devs should have just said...." 6 month free subs to people that hand over the people providing free versions of 3DXChat"

I am pretty sure they would have killed it of over night!!! :)

9 hours ago, Tienia said:

I understand certain keywords result in an instant ban, but can we at least have them go to a chat mute so the account can be looked at instead, or message with a warning so the user understands why its not smoothing to say.

The chat system already removes whatever the link or words were, I myself was a victim of this auto ban, no warning, no mute, just a permanent ban I had to appeal. I don't know If I'll get in trouble for talking about the issue here as well, I think this response is a little too draconian in response. And may push people out of the community as they get mercilessly hit with bans for saying something they had no way of knowing if they were not aware it was instant ban, even if it is in the terms of service.

I had to speak up, I love our community and I don't want its members being punished so harshly when we have other methods we could take.

Tl;dr : Tone the instant chat bans down, mutes and removal of the links or words instead with warning messages.

Also as a quick mention, not banned atm. Just a screenshot for proof that I was, delete this message if its against another TOS part I missed >;<

Well.png

Got banned telling people not to use the word to get banned ...No warning no email nothing I think its worst customer support ever im so mad at myself for getting year subs beginning of this month otherwise I would tell them to shove this game where the sun don't shine ... Is this the way forward getting banned for no reason you know off , its shamefull but hey Gizmo has my money right he can do whatever he wants 

I think there is 2 sides to this, 1) getting banned for using a word you have always been allowed to use before and 2) Gizmo trying to protect the game and ofc his income. This seems to have been a knee jerk reaction to a situation that is serious, I do think there could be much better ways and hope that they find them and implement them soon. The 3rd side to this is ofc, the bans now have others talking about this more then ever, and people like myself becoming aware of this situation who never knew before, so the bans are very possibly causing more damage to the game then good. Yes please protect the game from theft of codes etc but please tell us what we need to avoid, and judge account by account as many of us love this game and don't want it stolen or destroyed :) 

Before people started getting banned for mentioning the other games, I wasn't even aware they existed.
For me personally, I think a simple statement by Gizmo about the banned terms, and a simple explanation as to why they are banned, would have been best.

Because now, I have actually heard people talk positive about the banned mentions, with the logic that they -have- to be better then 3DX, because otherwise Gizmo would not freak out this much about them.

In essence, the draconian measures of banning the mere -mention- of the games, is doing the Opposite of what they intend to do.

1 minute ago, Derai said:

In essence, the draconian measures of banning the mere -mention- of the games, is doing the Opposite of what they intend to do.

True but that *other* 3DX will die soon or later anyway. They're using outdated 32-bit client faked to 64-bit with non less outdated community patch. They're missing core optimizations brought with new game client along with some new visual effects like water shader/skyboxes. They still have memory leaking issues we've been experiencing here from years, crashes, etc. until we've got them fixed when new client was released. Apparently they managed to make a little bit of custom content but it's lacking any kind of quality control and most of it is simply ugly.

In addition, they can't steal anything more from new official client beside maybe a few assets from resources packs because it is protected (every single software can be cracked at some point but this one is hard enough already for modders). Community here is also *only* like 10x bigger.

Perhaps it was dangerous for official at very early beginning but right now we've updates fairly regularly, awesome community with various social initiatives and apparently bright future for 3DX with all the content being worked on since mid 2019 and possible ETA for later this year. Meanwhile they have old issues, messed up content, lack of security and pretty much dead community. Just a nice meme and free advertisement for actual 3DXChat game :)

Personally I think that autoban system is OK but could be polished (in. example chat ban instead of game ban) so truly innocent people will be less harmed. I don't see why it's generally so bad idea. You don't want to be banned? Simply don't talk about things clearly stated in Terms of Service (probably read by 0.01% of community) as forbidden. False positive bans given without understanding context of certain conversations are revoked as far as I know. System actually seems to ignore context, it's just banning for links or mentioning certain names loud.

ANOTHER friend of mine has been banned for : Suspicious activity and the duration is actually just "?"

What is going on, why have the bans suddenly gotten so flippant and random. Can we PLEASE stop this, you are going to KILL your playerbase if you just ban random people for a phrase sometimes not even related to the thing you are trying to incinerate.

I ask 3dx staff for fair bans and account reviewing, context matters please.

Umwhat.png

Edited by Tienia
Adding friend's screenshot for more proof of the bannings

Also, there was no links said, it was something about being together with me, but apparently one of the words they used put a forbidden phrase together. How am I supposed to talk to people without being terrified I will get banned for it?

1 minute ago, Tienia said:

Also, there was no links said, it was something about being together with me, but apparently one of the words they used put a forbidden phrase together. How am I supposed to talk to people without being terrified I will get banned for it?

9 minutes ago, Tienia said:

ANOTHER friend of mine has been banned for : Suspicious activity and the duration is actually just "?"

What is going on, why have the bans suddenly gotten so flippant and random. Can we PLEASE stop this, you are going to KILL your playerbase if you just ban random people for a phrase sometimes not even related to the thing you are trying to incinerate.

I ask 3dx staff for fair bans and account reviewing, context matters please.

Umwhat.png

I'm the one who got banned and from who the screenshot came from.

I am aware of both possible ban phrases that people are rumoring about and what i send would be only partially simillar to one of them in completely different context.

I understand that you're trying to save your game from inside black marketing of other games coming to them, but could you please tone down auto-ban system?

I believe there is a way for you to check from system level how long someone was on 3dx and how long were they paying for subscription. Wouldn't it be a good idea to set up threshold based on that? It is unlikely that someone who was paying for 3dx access for close to 5 years without breaks would just straight on drop ban-words to leave the game.

@Gizmo @Lisa, i would appreciate if you could post any kind of official statement to current banning situations as it it getting a little bit absurd at this point. If not that at least provide actual reasons in ban statements.

• Gizmo locked this topic