3DXChat Community

Chat Monitoring and banning by 3DXChat

Nemo

So it seems the Devs have implemented an auto ban system within 3DX that monitors your Chat in game and will ban you if you use words or links that the Devs do not want to see in game.

Although i see this as a bad idea, because implementing a "big brother" attitude towards the player base will damage the games long term reputation...its not why I am posting this topic.

It would be nice to know what topics/words/links the Devs are Banning people for!!!

To implement a Ban system and not letting the Player base know what topics are off limits is not very smart as people are getting banned without knowing about the Ban system. Was it even announced in a patch update?

I doubt the Devs will "let us know" whats off limits so if you know of anyone that been banned for using links/words perhaps you can let us know here in this topic so people can be "Informed" about what not to talk about in game.

Alternatively there are many other Social platforms (Discords groups/Website that support 3DX) not controlled by the Devs you can let people know what topics are banned without fear some Auto ban system.

Cheers :)

Ha, i searched the word "Ban" on the forums and it seems the search results shows private messages to Gizmo. You can not open them but you get to see the start of the messages.

Forum Admin might want to check the sites search setting :)

image.thumb.png.91e755950c9dfd63128d7419157967ca.png

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

To implement a Ban system and not letting the Player base know what topics are off limits is not very smart as people are getting banned without knowing about the Ban system.

Yeah, but there is a problem. They banning people for spreading info that they don't wont to be spread and I completely understand why they don't want it. And if they will tell you for what links and words they are giving bans – it would mean spreading this info themselves. 

What they should do, in my opinion, is making this system less automatic and less aggressive. Leave these automatic bans only for people who post that links in the world and local chats to stop spammers before they did too much harm. Make system count how many times person used these links and if they sent them to a several people, so they spreading it – autoban them too. If they don't spread it and just sent link to their friend, well I dunno – send them a message about it and that they are violating the rules, without ban or with small ban and warning that next time ban will be harsher/permanent. Save that permanent bans for people who spam this shit, no need to permaban people for mentioning some shit in a private talk with their friend, it's an overkill. Or just prevent people from sending the message with forbidden links/words and make the game send a message to the player, that further attempts to post such links or info about what they wanted to post – will lead them to ban.

And no, I am not going to say what links/words I am talking about :P

I just happen to know couple of people catching permanent bans for this stuff and I don't think it's a best way to make things work. 

Aye, i am not complaining about them having the system...they can do what they want :) its there game.

But when we have all be talking about other games for years and suddenly we get banned for it....with no warning. That is just silly.

Maybe a simple warning saying " This link will get you banned" please do not use it as a first and final warning....would have been helpful :)

• Gizmo locked this topic