3DXChat Community

User Friendly?

Freja

Well I would have to add to this post. A forum is not the way to get to know people in game. I have had my forums arguments, sometimes being right and sometimes being wrong. However there are some absolutely amazing people in this game that are totally worth getting to know and I personally think you are denying yourself some wonderful friendships and experiences by not playing. I am not saying you should, I just know better from a years time in this game and I will not name names of my friends as this thread would not be long enough but each and every single one of them are simply wonderful, caring and amazing people and I am better having known them than not knowing them.

If you are going to judge a game by forums alone, there are countless games nobody would play. I urge you to reconsider one day in the future.

I will agree that there seems to be quite a bit of animosity here, but I have experienced none of that during my stay on the island. I've always had a pleasant time, and the few people that I've met that I don't care for I just avoid so there is no drama.

I think if you were to give it a try you'd find yourself a nice group of friends and the meanness on the forums wouldn't be sonething that you had to deal witg on the island.

How do they say...."Dont feed the troll" *laughing* If you already got scared by what people write on this (rather tame) forum.....better stay away from the internet altogether. I suppose....after 2 minutes of reading youtube comments your head is going explode. Damn....I fed the troll...stupid me.

Personally I think you can get a pretty good impression of people from the forum...ok if you judge off one post then you'll likely misjudge...and no substitute for actually talking to them in game but it gives u an idea of how they are no?

I think the generalisation is harsh though Freja...but I may also just be feeding the troll here.

Dont know anyone that play this.

After spending some time in this forum i dont want to get to know the people that do.

Guess you saved me some money.

"thanks".......

To Clarify.

I was asking around if someone wanted to give me a referral code, giving us both 5000 gold.

Considering it to be a win win favour, the respons was very unexpected.

Mostly ignored wich is, whatever, but i dont tolerate being toyed with by trolls that make fun of me and waste my time.

TO clarify, im one of the people Freja was talking to. I gave him/her my referral code, and ended up being called a troll. but the referral code link just brings you back to the main page. 

Im not sure how the referral link works to be honest, i dont know if you click it and then it will automatically do it once you start the payment process, or if you just cut and paste it in there or something.. or if its broken overall.

Guest Eclipse

I agree in part with the original post...I admit I didn't look at these forums before I first joined (maybe just the support section) and if I did I may have come to the same conclusion as they did. However, knowing now what I didn't know then kind of thing I would suggest this to someone feeling the same-way:

Imagine for a moment...

"Nobody drives us crazy like our own immediate family. They're odd, they push our buttons, they're the source of our biggest frustrations but also our greatest joy. In the end we're not always going to agree, but its our family". Now include your extended family with your aunts, uncles, grandparents and other relatives with all their diversity and shenanigans that they'll bring to the party.

Now Imagine that all of this interaction is filmed and put on a weekly Reality Show for all outsiders to see-unfiltered: There's gonna be a group of loyal followers who can eventually figure out who the instigators are, who the comedians are, who the players are, who is loving or sweet, etc.

Now Imagine the people that only watch random episodes: They're probably going to be confused at best, will most likely pick up on the mean or hateful behavior because that always seem to stand out more than kind or caring and will eventually be turned off.

Long story short (
too late I know) you don't always come across as well as you hoped that you would especially in an unfiltered open environment with such diversity...but, if you're willing to take a chance you have the potential for some awesome experiences here once you find your fiends (or they find you). I think this Forum scenario unfortunately is going to exist wherever you go but, on the Game Side I am a huge Fan-girl of the DevTeam on how realistic this ever evolving graphic environment is here.

Hope this helps someone in the future...until then enjoy the show.

the-simpsons-family_89623-800x600.jpg

TO clarify, im one of the people Freja was talking to. I gave him/her my referral code, and ended up being called a troll. but the referral code link just brings you back to the main page. 

Im not sure how the referral link works to be honest, i dont know if you click it and then it will automatically do it once you start the payment process, or if you just cut and paste it in there or something.. or if its broken overall.

It probably works after opening the website from your link even though the address bar shows it normally ^^ But haven't actually tested it.

I do agree these forums are in a terrible shape with no admins whatsoever. Really doesn't give a good image of 3DXChat :P

• 2 years later...