3DXChat Community

Non-Colorable Socks Glitching

SweetHeather

If you wear fishnets and color them then select the blue socks it recolors those socks. And shows in the editor as colored socks, though the engine when in the world recolors the entire body (besides the head). So was using this color issue to recolor the blue skin to purple. And some were saying "reporting enjoy your ban". I do not get how a harmless glitch to the applicability of color to non-colorable socks is against the rules. Not like I went out of my way (ahem CE). I came into finding this out one day by simply coloring the other non-colorable stockings. Which actually do apply their color in world. Just the blue socks do not recolor into the world correctly.

Was enjoying just coloring the skin from blue to purple.

The fix there is just resetting any applied color when selecting any other stocking to the default.

1. select colorable .. i picked pink

2. select any that can't be colored pink (ie black and white only in listing) it'll color them pink

* this translates into the world correctly as a color.

3. select the blue socks which can not be recolored (it will show correctly in the editor as a different color)

* will not translate into the world and instead colors the body besides the head

4. how recolored blue socks actually translate into the world. ie recoloring the skin instead.

So was doing a harmless fun blue smurf with the non translatable world colors onto the skin (glitch). If this is indeed wrong to do I will stop using it and should be corrected in a future release. Simply thought it was fun until others were stating "enjoy your ban". If it doesn't negatively impact others and is just a fun color change, purely in world without any tools. Don't see why its bad. As there's a blue and green skin, I just wanted purple.

In total it makes me a bit OCD that some of us here, including myself try to be actual community members. Yet the ones that often point fingers are often less of ones. They never or rarely post in forums, help other users, hell even talk some just are like living mimes. Yet if one of the more active members does anything simply harmless and purely in world. Its seen as the greatest travesty. Who knew changing a blue skin to purple using glitched stockings was so horrible.

post-19-0-25238000-1415615792_thumb.png

post-19-0-76882900-1415615799_thumb.png

post-19-0-78685400-1415615806_thumb.png

post-19-0-41088600-1415620600_thumb.png

this does not recolor body for me but always used this to get different color stockings.. whyyy you must ruin? =P

Have to select the blue stockings hun then load them in world , ie not view from the editor. This is the one that recolors the skin. See picture #3 thats of them in the editor, once you try to load in world. Instant skin recolor.

And mainly only posted because a few today were pointing saying "Enjoy your ban". When I'm sure they know it exists and use it too. You'd have to be truly blonde not to know its there.

Tell them to fuck off. No one's been banned for what you're doing, and many other things. They'd have to take out a rather large swath of active players that stick around to knock out the editing, which most people are doing to test things and make themselves look better since the editor has such a small amount of choices. They'd be much better to focus on quality of life improvement for their character creation/editing that would allow the entirety of the playerbase to accomplish unique looks. 

Their roadmap should be:

Adding a color picker for every item that doesn't have a specific texture to it (cop outfit, etc), striped socks should be transformed so multiple colors can be selected rather than just pink and blue ones, this also should be done for all the skirts. Have a base color that sticks around, let us pick 2 other colors for the plaid/lines.

They need to secure their client in numerous ways. Nothing is locked down. 

Giz or Lisa,

If either of you are reading this, I'm still more than willing to help out with testing, PR/marketing, and moderating like we spoke of in emails many months ago in emails that y'all stopped responding to. 

Tell them to fuck off. No one's been banned for what you're doing, and many other things. They'd have to take out a rather large swath of active players that stick around to knock out the editing, which most people are doing to test things and make themselves look better since the editor has such a small amount of choices. They'd be much better to focus on quality of life improvement for their character creation/editing that would allow the entirety of the playerbase to accomplish unique looks. 

Their roadmap should be:

Adding a color picker for every item that doesn't have a specific texture to it (cop outfit, etc), striped socks should be transformed so multiple colors can be selected rather than just pink and blue ones, this also should be done for all the skirts. Have a base color that sticks around, let us pick 2 other colors for the plaid/lines.

They need to secure their client in numerous ways. Nothing is locked down. 

Giz or Lisa,

If either of you are reading this, I'm still more than willing to help out with testing, PR/marketing, and moderating like we spoke of in emails many months ago in emails that y'all stopped responding to. 

I agree hun and offered to help the team a bit back myself. I think they are seeking to keep things small. My experience has been many years in software so I know my way around code very well for one, and I love helping others. And -shock- I offered to help for free as time permitted. Not every day does a team get a community willingly offering services freely (and I'm not talking about me here, also you, and many others). And they really should see it in the greater expansion of their product, even if they do so selectively. Most games have in-game helpers. Not exactly moderators but community members specially noted as helpers. That everyone can go to for well .. help. Personally I feel a color wheel would be awesome. Though if you examine the models it really shows you how very limited their offering is in unique items. Most of it is selected to be one color, then they push a few color variants into selection. Over offering the one model with multiple texture and color options. Also if they'd really like to see what some of us can do with 3D. They could offer a dummy model which we can design and model over. IMVU does this as well as many things in Second Life do this, AChat etc. It allows for the greater expansion and creativity straight from the community. Then the work they really like they could then offer back into the game. this would allow clothing updates to not feel so choked. Or they seriously need to think of getting a employee that will help expand object/clothing models. Though I have also thought they needed one already for the code side. Love the people in the game, the coding not so much. That may be my personal issue with it. However, it really could use a good hammering. I personally feel with the money the game generates, and the more members entering, they can't keep ignoring that there needs to be a larger team involved. Or I will remind them to kindly look at 3DChat. It had few developers things were slow. the community grew at one point and it was decently busy. After a while of slow updates, the game started losing more and more members. And now its a virtual ghost town. I still wonder why the makers keep it running. At any time I've peeked back there's either no one in it or a few. And no actual updates for a very long time. Actually when it died off development wise. Around that time 3DXChat was coming around. I had often wondered if that was the same team from 3DChat. I was told it was not. Though still makes me curious. For one the same development logic that choked 3DChat is in part being applied here. Which is often based on concepts from similar developers. Its rare 2 developers will consider development in similar ways with similar platforms. Let alone one being a older and doomed project. Also the idea of some locations are similar in 3DXChat as it was in 3DChat. The yacht for one and others. Unless they decided to directly emulate some of the ideas in that program. Though the similarity in development would still give me a few questions.