3DXChat Community

I know where the missing socks are...

Guest Eclipse

Guest Eclipse

OK, I just finished folding laundry and again and I'm missing another sock. I don't get it, I've never lost a shirt, never lost a bra, never lost any underwear (and some will actually fit inside a shot glass). Its random, never both, doesn't matter if its ankle socks, calf, knee, thigh highs whatever the size.

So knowing there are some really clever minds here, I thought I would pose these questions to you:

Why do you think socks randomly disappear in the laundry (washer/dryer)? and more importantly where do you think they go?

The "wilder the idea" the better because this is a age old question that no one has solve to date, I'm sure there's a Nobel Prize in it for the winner...in science, economics, something.

13.jpg

I don't know if I can help answer the question...there are a few theories about...

For instance... the business of the lost sock is easily explained by physics ... in a theory unknown to Einstein (because It is the string theory ... look it up ... wherein when any two objects (2x) are exactly the same (s)(2x), and both are subjected to extreme cleaning ©, one of the objects (x) will vibrate like crazy (v)(~~~), unravel, dissolve in Clorox (dcx) and become lint (L). Expressed in physics formula, it looks like this:

L = s2x : ©(v) ~~~ (dcx).

Equally I know what I think happens...I'm not sure they ever make it to the washer/dryer...

image.jpg

But even if we can't solve the problem maybe we can post the ones we find...who knows maybe we'll uncover a pattern...or even be able to re-unite them if anyone recognises them?

image.jpg

There was story few months ago about a big huge dog who got all sick. they brought him to vet and he had tons of socks in his tummy. 43 to be exact. 

http://youtu.be/NQUsWVgLvEI

poor bugger! If you got pets or kids, then they are the culprit. If you don't then they just gets sucked in to the void and pop up in some weird spot later on totally unrelated to where you seen them last. (what the heck is my sock doing in the freezer) :D

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if I can help answer the question...there are a few theories about...

For instance... the business of the lost sock is easily explained by physics ... in a theory unknown to Einstein (because It is the string theory ... look it up ... wherein when any two objects (2x) are exactly the same (s)(2x), and both are subjected to extreme cleaning ©, one of the objects (x) will vibrate like crazy (v)(~~~), unravel, dissolve in Clorox (dcx) and become lint (L). Expressed in physics formula, it looks like this:

L = s2x : ©(v) ~~~ (dcx).

Equally I know what I think happens...I'm not sure they ever make it to the washer/dryer...

image.jpg

But even if we can't solve the problem maybe we can post the ones we find...who knows maybe we'll uncover a pattern...or even be able to re-unite them if anyone recognises them?

image.jpg

LOL I love how you made that all sound so scientifically sound. LOL Love you ! mmmmmMMMUUUAH !

Guest Eclipse

I HAVE THEM ! THEY'RE MINE NOW ! I HAVE THEM STASHED ON THE FAR SIDE OF THE MOOOON ! HAHAHAHAHAHA !

( chokes on the panties in my shotglass )

I now know who you are UrToy and what side of the moon you're hiding on...and more importantly where my socks are. ;)

I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for sock-nappers like you.

If you let my socks go now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't...I will look for you, I will find you, and I will tickle you relentlessly! I'll start with the bottoms of your feet, moving to your stomach, maybe your sides or maybe under your chin. I will find your tickle spot. You'll never know where the next tickle is coming from (I'm that fast), you will lose and I will get my socks back.

...and before I forget, I'll also need those panties back too. :ph34r:

2014-font-b-Masked-b-font-Man-Halloween-

I now know who you are UrToy and what side of the moon you're hiding on...and more importantly where my socks are. ;)

I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for sock-nappers like you.

If you let my socks go now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't...I will look for you, I will find you, and I will tickle you relentlessly! I'll start with the bottoms of your feet, moving to your stomach, maybe your sides or maybe under your chin. I will find your tickle spot. You'll never know where the next tickle is coming from (I'm that fast), you will lose and I will get my socks back.

...and before I forget, I'll also need those panties back too. :ph34r:

2014-font-b-Masked-b-font-Man-Halloween-

Ummmm :huh:  Is that supposed to encourage me to give up the sockies or keep them ? I'm soooo confused !!!  :wacko:  ( Waves my hand, fanning myself ) Whew ! It's getting warm in here. :wub:

Guest Eclipse

Hmm, UrToy I can see you're gonna be a challenge for me aren't you? and because of that I'll now need to go on the Prowl, with only you locked in my sights. My cat like movements will prevent you from ever seeing or hearing me coming (that's an "o"). You'll grow more and more paranoid as time passes so painfully slow for you, constantly questioning yourself...was the breeze that brushed by the side of my face, eclipse?  Na couldn't be.

Wait a minute, was that floor creak in my room last night really eclipse, getting ready to pounce on me from the dark?  Na couldn't be...Could It?

I also know that your thrust for stealing more socks keeps growing and growing inside you and that makes you very vulnerable my dear. Just remember, I gave you a way out and you didn't take it...now you're mine. I will give you some friendly advice though, always think twice before pushing that shower curtain to the side or opening that closed door for the first time, I just may be on the other-side ready to inflict my Tickle Justice all over you.

Shhhh...my dear, this is already in motion!

hq-chivettes-39.jpg

Guest Eclipse

...I'm still searching for them for you Eclipse...I get some funny looks though...

Doll, Doll, Doll, Doll!!!

Are you in there? No one has seen you for days and we're getting worried. knock once if you hear me...Psst, I got a lead on our missing socks.

509_1000.jpg

I swear on the mother of the holy spaghetti monster that I lose 1 sock each time I do laundry, it's like the machine is slowly chipping away at my sock supply. At this point I'm beginning to think that the laundry machine might actually be a portal to another dimension or a wormhole, a paradise for all socks where they can live free from the oppression of smelly feet.

Doll, Doll, Doll, Doll!!!Are you in there? No one has seen you for days and we're getting worried. knock once if you hear me...Psst, I got a lead on our missing socks.

image.jpg

...I...sssseeeee...no...Dollsssssss...

Now this is something that I have been losing sleep over for a long time. I even have it listed as an interest in my profile in here.

I have tried everything to find the answer.

A friend decided the only way to find out was to be there when they vanished.

http://youtu.be/L1EtV_Ex_XE

Now this is something that I have been losing sleep over for a long time. I even have it listed as an interest in my profile in here.

I have tried everything to find the answer.

A friend decided the only way to find out was to be there when they vanished.

Yeah yeah...a friend huh...as if, that's totally you. ;)

*really wanna know if I could fit now*

Guest Eclipse

image.jpg

...I...sssseeeee...no...Dollsssssss...

After meeting with one of the greatest scientific minds (Pic-4) known to all Techies world-wide, I believe we now have a solid strategy that will resolve the Missing Sock Dilemma.

PLAN A: THE MISSING SOCK RETRIEVAL and ALIEN PORTALS CLOSURE PLAN

Disable Dryer Tumbler and Lower Heat | Get in Dryer (Pic-1) | Load Bait Socks in Dryer With Me (Pic-2) | Close Dryer Door | Doll Turns Dryer On | Wait Patiently

OPTION 1: PORTAL DOESN'T APPEAR

Get Out of Dryer | Go Get Hammered with Doll and GhostBusters (Pic-3) | Try Again Tomorrow

OPTION 2: PORTAL APPEARS and SOCK CREATURE COMES THROUGH

Grab Creature and Hold in Dryer | SCREAM | Doll Opens Dryer Door and Pulls Me Outta There | Venkman and Team will Trap Creature (Pic-3) |

Interrogate Creature | Develop Sock Retrieval Plan | Get Socks Back Safety and Permanently Close All Sock Portals | World Rejoices

OPTION 3: PORTAL APPEARS and SOCK CREATURE PULLS ME THROUGH TO THEIR SIDE

Doll will Cancel My 3DXChat Subscription and Go Get Hammered with GhostBusters (Pic-3) | Implement Plan B

PLAN B: THE PREVENTION of FURTHER SOCK LOSS PLAN (should work in principle because sock loss is a singular event never a pairs event)

Wash All Left Sock In One Load  | Then Wash All Right Socks In Separate Load

PIC-1                                                                                                                             PIC-2

20090408134739_large.jpg___art_141141.jpg

PIC-3                                                                                                                             PIC-4

e6f3f10f5542a4ef1f3df23aaf222fed.jpg___1340064729m_SPLASH.jpg

• 5 months later...
Guest AleksXXX

May be socks found the rabbit hole and from curiosity they peeked into the hole and accidentally fell into this hole and go into the strange socks wonderland and when they found to come back bad luck send them into the strange space-time continuum and they wait for the chance to come back home. Just a theory yet.

Guest AleksXXX

...I'm still searching for them for you Eclipse...I get some funny looks though...

image.jpg

Nice view.Any luck with finding the missing socks?   ;)

Guest AleksXXX

Doll, Doll, Doll, Doll!!!

Are you in there? No one has seen you for days and we're getting worried. knock once if you hear me...Psst, I got a lead on our missing socks.

509_1000.jpg

Are you find Doll? And the socks?