3DXChat Community

your online safety

Aliviax

Hello everyone 

Lately i noticed on forum n in private chats  people having a hard time cause of bad people stalking them or try track them down to make their life bad cause they have been rejected etc 

So here i will mention few ways so your gaming experience be safe :)

1st when you Go in a room n listen to music people can track ur IP ur country etc 

so to avoid that there are few steps.

Step one i call it the silly step hehe close music on ur settings 

Step two important one Get a vpn n always play via that vpn (with a vpn u can choose from where u want to be shown n ofc have another IP ) So bad stalkers cant track you 

Step 3 also important  Buy ur selfs few emails to use for ur game accounts.

emails are bound to phone numbers so by buying a email that email will not associate with ur true phone so again bad stalkers cant track u down sendeing them track myths n legends lol.

Step 4 never share real life pics sharing a real pic means that bad ppl can simply drag n drop said pic in lets say google image n search for that pic thus track u down 

There are way more stuff you can do so u enjoy playing game n be safe but for now ill stick with those few simple stuff that are easy to implement .

If you ever have problems with stalkers that try make ur life difficult always contact Gizmo n his team for further help  :)

Have fun n be safe everyone <3 

If you want to post real life pics, don't use any that you've posted on social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)

ur kinda wrong on that n lemme tell u why even if u share a real pic that u havent share on social media they still can find you face recognition/similar recognition etc online software n pages thru out the net .

So best is to not share anything 

i have only ran into one person on 3dx that knew how to use that kind of technology, his name is a fast food sandwich

I am sure there are a lot of people who could if they were obsessive enough to go that far. The people with that level knowledge are mostly successful though, and don't have any motivation to act like nuts. I have a feeling that many people will share photos with at least a few people I know I have. Its probably a bad idea though most of the time. In the future I am sure things like image recognition will get better and easier to use, so that's something to think about as well.

There are a lot of people know how to search for matching images on the Internet, the tools are easy to find and easy to use.

I actually found out the hard way, about 4 years ago I got a friend request in my facebook with a message attached.

It was a guy from 3DXChat that I had just become friends with and had showed my Soundcloud to.

When I joined Soundcloud I used facebook, like when it says use facebook to sign up.

When I did that it took my facebook profile pic and inserted it into soundcloud as profile pic in there.

I had changed my facebook profile pic to another, but still had the pic in my pics folder in facebook.

This guy found my facebook by using google images with the pic I had left as my profile pic in Soundcloud.

He left a message telling me how he had done it and said I should change the pic in Soundcloud if I am going to show people in 3DXChat my Soundcloud, which I did.

Also something else I think everyone should know.

Lots of phones and some cameras have a feature to be able to save the GPS when you take a photo, it gets stored in the meta data in the picture.

Some phones have it set as default to do that, so unless you have set it not to all the pics you take will have the GPS of where that picture was taken in its meta data.

So lets say you took a picture at home, and shared it with someone from the game, they would be able to see exactly where you live just by viewing the meta data of that picture, which again lots of people know how to do.

But I will add here that I don't think pictures shared in the game itself carry the metadata.

On top of that you are taking a chance if you accept pictures from people where you download them onto your computer, like from email or such.

Pictures can be made to carry viruses, ones that can send information from your computer to theirs without you knowing

So if you get pictures that way from people from the game, like in emails, you are taking a chance if you open them.

and you are right twiggy about pics and meta data, it is a very valuable thing to have when someone claims you have fake pics. you can open your own pics in something like photoshop and that data is all there and can verify you are the owner of them, I dont think too many people know that

Sorry but that's not right, well is kind of right if everybody was honest.

But the metadata can easily be edited.

I think it is important to be aware that there are a few, fortunately very few, people who think it amusing to go those lengths to make their victims’ on-line and game experience traumatic. We have seen it here. The point I want to make is that they will always eventually find a way round whatever you do protect yourself.

The answer is to just be aware and be very, very careful about the information about yourself that you place in the public domain. Basically keep it vague. However, like with Venn Diagrams, several vague items of information can overlap and be quite specific about your identity.