• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#101 lillywaters

lillywaters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:51 AM

Is there a way to stream station from Di.FM or even from radiotunes which is the newer version of sky.fm?  If so how?

#102 JessicaX

JessicaX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:52 AM

Just an FYI for those looking for a good quality server:

Geckohost has icecast or shoutcast servers at 320k, with unlimited users and bandwith with tons of auto dj space if needed for $6/month. CLICK HERE

• Chilles, LauraTWK, Sentra and 2 others like this

#103 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 28 March 2016 - 01:00 PM

Just an FYI for those looking for a good quality server:

Geckohost has icecast or shoutcast servers at 320k, with unlimited users and bandwith with tons of auto dj space if needed for $6/month. CLICK HERE

Added in the First Post as Quote ;)

• TheCriticalMrHits likes this

#104 RichardCypher

RichardCypher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:57 AM

For those who have Apple Music and want to include Music downloaded from there, that doesn't work with Winamp and the ShoutCast plugin, as Winamp is not able to read the downloaded files. However there is a possibility to stream Music with ITunes for PC and butt (broadcast using this tool: http://danielnoethen.de/)

For doing this you just have to set up the Stereo mix as standard input source in Windows, as showed in the following Video:

http://www.dailymoti...tware-with_tech.

The disadvantage of that is, you have to turn all other sounds off, otherwise they will be broadcasted as well, that means either switching the sound and sadio off in 3dx or using another computer for streaming.

With butt you can connect to the shoutcast or icecast server and stream your ITunes Playlists. If you Need more Information about this, feel free to contact me :)

• Chilles, SayaX and RiviPiassa like this

#105 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:24 AM

There is also a easy way to stream Spotify, YouTube etc with Shoutcast/IceCast but I will not teach this way because it's illegal :)

• RiviPiassa likes this

#106 RichardCypher

RichardCypher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:44 PM

For those who have Apple Music and want to include Music downloaded from there, that doesn't work with Winamp and the ShoutCast plugin, as Winamp is not able to read the downloaded files. However there is a possibility to stream Music with ITunes for PC and butt (broadcast using this tool: http://danielnoethen.de/)

For doing this you just have to set up the Stereo mix as standard input source in Windows, as showed in the following Video:

http://www.dailymoti...tware-with_tech.

The disadvantage of that is, you have to turn all other sounds off, otherwise they will be broadcasted as well, that means either switching the sound and sadio off in 3dx or using another computer for streaming.

With butt you can connect to the shoutcast or icecast server and stream your ITunes Playlists. If you Need more Information about this, feel free to contact me :)

Of Course you can stream everything using Stereo mix as Input and butt, but of course you should not do anything illegal :)

#107 Lura

Lura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:03 PM

I don't get it. I signed up for the hosting with a Centova Cast added and got the email from that with a user name and password. Downloaded winamp and the Shoutcast DSP. When i try to configure the Shoutcast dsp, I keep getting "invalid username or password". I am using the email I got from the hosting site for the username and password. What am I doing wrong?

#108 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:56 PM

I don't get it. I signed up for the hosting with a Centova Cast added and got the email from that with a user name and password. Downloaded winamp and the Shoutcast DSP. When i try to configure the Shoutcast dsp, I keep getting "invalid username or password". I am using the email I got from the hosting site for the username and password. What am I doing wrong?

You did it like in this picture and you wrote only the source password in the password field?

V1 mode?

post-149-0-52293900-1415296834.png

#109 JessicaX

JessicaX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:04 PM

You will probably need to log into Centova Cast and click on the QUICK LINKS in the General section on top left. Then it will give you the info you need to enter into the plugin. Your password is usually random letters and numbers. Not sure where you got your server from, but if you got from Gecko... one common mistake is people forget to add "dj" to the end of their password. So if your password was... 87YtdpH8... your source password to enter into plugin would be: 87YtdpH8dj

or...  you can see your source password by clicking SETTINGS then clicking the SHOW PASSWORD button

qNdyMhj.png

#110 gammareh

gammareh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Location777, Ocean Drive

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:20 AM

+1 for geckohost! It's not only easy and relatively cheap, the guys at gecko are also very obliging if something goes wrong or if you want to change something.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Radio, Stream, Feature, Tutorial, Music

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users