3DXChat Community

[Tutorial] Private Radio Stream Feature

Chilles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For those who have Apple Music and want to include Music downloaded from there, that doesn't work with Winamp and the ShoutCast plugin, as Winamp is not able to read the downloaded files. However there is a possibility to stream Music with ITunes for PC and butt (broadcast using this tool: http://danielnoethen.de/)

For doing this you just have to set up the Stereo mix as standard input source in Windows, as showed in the following Video:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xf7b5l_use-itunes-and-other-software-with_tech.

The disadvantage of that is, you have to turn all other sounds off, otherwise they will be broadcasted as well, that means either switching the sound and sadio off in 3dx or using another computer for streaming.

With butt you can connect to the shoutcast or icecast server and stream your ITunes Playlists. If you Need more Information about this, feel free to contact me :)

For those who have Apple Music and want to include Music downloaded from there, that doesn't work with Winamp and the ShoutCast plugin, as Winamp is not able to read the downloaded files. However there is a possibility to stream Music with ITunes for PC and butt (broadcast using this tool: http://danielnoethen.de/)

For doing this you just have to set up the Stereo mix as standard input source in Windows, as showed in the following Video:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xf7b5l_use-itunes-and-other-software-with_tech.

The disadvantage of that is, you have to turn all other sounds off, otherwise they will be broadcasted as well, that means either switching the sound and sadio off in 3dx or using another computer for streaming.

With butt you can connect to the shoutcast or icecast server and stream your ITunes Playlists. If you Need more Information about this, feel free to contact me :)

Of Course you can stream everything using Stereo mix as Input and butt, but of course you should not do anything illegal :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get it. I signed up for the hosting with a Centova Cast added and got the email from that with a user name and password. Downloaded winamp and the Shoutcast DSP. When i try to configure the Shoutcast dsp, I keep getting "invalid username or password". I am using the email I got from the hosting site for the username and password. What am I doing wrong?

I don't get it. I signed up for the hosting with a Centova Cast added and got the email from that with a user name and password. Downloaded winamp and the Shoutcast DSP. When i try to configure the Shoutcast dsp, I keep getting "invalid username or password". I am using the email I got from the hosting site for the username and password. What am I doing wrong?

You did it like in this picture and you wrote only the source password in the password field?

V1 mode?

post-149-0-52293900-1415296834.png

You will probably need to log into Centova Cast and click on the QUICK LINKS in the General section on top left. Then it will give you the info you need to enter into the plugin. Your password is usually random letters and numbers. Not sure where you got your server from, but if you got from Gecko... one common mistake is people forget to add "dj" to the end of their password. So if your password was... 87YtdpH8... your source password to enter into plugin would be: 87YtdpH8dj

or...  you can see your source password by clicking SETTINGS then clicking the SHOW PASSWORD button

qNdyMhj.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

OK, the instructions for this say...

"Push your Stream in your 3DXChat Home

Paste it in your Radio --> My Stream --> Enter stream link field"

Where is this in 3DXChat???  People here talk about "Is Radio turned on" and I found that in the Sound Settings.

Where do you link the URL in 3DX??? That is not mentioned anywhere...

OK, I found it! I had thought it would be in the build/customize, and it's while you are actually playing. Every room comes with a radio - it looks like a tablet attached to a boom box.

You just hover you mouse over it until you see that big, green asterisk. Then click on it, and it opens that window where you can enter the URL you want...

And I notice a lot of people using 181.fm. If you go to their website and click the Winamp/iTunes link, it'll show you all of their available streaming links...

• 3 weeks later...

Is the free-version of https://myradiostream.comstill working?(using winamp) How I understand it works just with an embeded link for html and there is no way anymore to paste a working link at 3dx.

Yes, that is my understanding, too. If you use the free version, your friends can listen via the RadioStream website, but pasting a link in the 3dx player does not work. If you pay for an account, you can paste the link and people can listen via 3dx.

• 6 months later...

The absolute most simple program I use for broadcasting is "butt (broadcast using this tool)", you just enter server details, choose audio device, audio format, source and hit play. It just works.

Also the latest windows 10 supports audio routing so if you use something like Virtual Audio Cable you can go into "Sound Mixer Options" and change the output of any program to your virtual audio device for streaming.

• 1 month later...

Can't make any of this work and it is supremely frustrating. I did everything as outlined above, got Winamp, Shoutcast, the streaming host thru Centova as suggested by the OP, filled in all the fields correctly afaik, nothing works. People I ask just point me to yet another tutorial which is vastly unhelpful and frankly a little rude. I am getting sick and tired of being told how "easy" it all is....it isn't.

Can't make any of this work and it is supremely frustrating. I did everything as outlined above, got Winamp, Shoutcast, the streaming host thru Centova as suggested by the OP, filled in all the fields correctly afaik, nothing works. People I ask just point me to yet another tutorial which is vastly unhelpful and frankly a little rude. I am getting sick and tired of being told how "easy" it all is....it isn't.

More infos about your problem would be helpful :)

What does not work and how is the error shown?

Awry - Which service are you hosting through? I am using geckohost, and it's set up differently.

With geckohost, you upload all of your media to their server and it plays directly from there, no need for the whole WinAmp bit.

If you are using another service, it likely does play from your machine through WinAmp and broadcast to your room in 3DX. I haven't set that up myself, but I'll help if I can.

If you are in-game, one person I know of that has the broadcast type of set up is Roguee. She runs the Glory Holes and Colds room. She might be able to help you out as well.

Awry - Which service are you hosting through? I am using geckohost, and it's set up differently.

As Teddy says, if you have the media (MP3s) you can just upload to any host (depending on how much storage you have) and play direct through centova cast   .... and it makes no difference which service/host you use they all use the same software at the core  ... Centova cast.

I can give you some help if you need it :)

• 1 month later...

I have found two great tutorials for Windows 10 that allow you to route the audio of a specific audio program to your stream, meaning you could stream from your favourite media app, whether it is iTunes, Spotify, Virtual DJ, Radio DJ. You can also do other advanced stuff which probably isn't required for 3DX but useful for radio where you can add in Skype, Discord chats or whatever using the Virtual Audio Cable plugin. All the tools are free.

Specifically Spotify, but I can confirm it works with iTunes, which is what I use.

My original Mac tutorial is now out-of-date as Nicecast has now been discontinued. You can get around this by using the app called LoopBack from the same company that made Nicecast and using butt (Broadcast Using This Tool - same app as the video above but for Mac). A more detailed tutorial in the link below.

https://weblog.rogueamoeba.com/2018/03/02/broadcasting-from-the-mac-without-nicecast/

• 1 year later...
On 9/12/2018 at 8:45 PM, Mulan said:

I have found two great tutorials for Windows 10 that allow you to route the audio of a specific audio program to your stream, meaning you could stream from your favourite media app, whether it is iTunes, Spotify, Virtual DJ, Radio DJ. You can also do other advanced stuff which probably isn't required for 3DX but useful for radio where you can add in Skype, Discord chats or whatever using the Virtual Audio Cable plugin. All the tools are free.

Specifically Spotify, but I can confirm it works with iTunes, which is what I use.

My original Mac tutorial is now out-of-date as Nicecast has now been discontinued. You can get around this by using the app called LoopBack from the same company that made Nicecast and using butt (Broadcast Using This Tool - same app as the video above but for Mac). A more detailed tutorial in the link below.

https://weblog.rogueamoeba.com/2018/03/02/broadcasting-from-the-mac-without-nicecast/

Works perfectly with spoti, thank you!

8 hours ago, Rodin said:

Works perfectly with spoti, thank you!

Without to see the Tutorials are similar settings possible too with WinAmp and DSP ☺️

Was also written somewhere in the past. At least are all sound media's able to stream in 3dxchat...