3DXChat Community

[Tutorial] Private Radio Stream Feature

Chilles

Game entered to radiotunes as browser. Radiotunes from 2016 not supported browsers

I think RadioTunes premium should work as before. It is only a problem with the free accounts I think. I helped a friend to get premium RadioTunes working a couple months back. But I forgot now.

• 2 weeks later...

Soo I tried to set it up using Virtual DJ 7, did everything like described in Achilles post (thx very much btw :)) and pasted the link into my room radio but how can I check if it works? I hear music but thats from the Virtual DJ programm I assume...do I have to invite somebody to my room and ask if they hear anything or is there another way? Sorry if the question is silly but I'm a bit lost when it comes to such things and I'm proud I even brought it that far ~puffs chest~ lol :P

Soo I tried to set it up using Virtual DJ 7, did everything like described in Achilles post (thx very much btw :)) and pasted the link into my room radio but how can I check if it works? I hear music but thats from the Virtual DJ programm I assume...do I have to invite somebody to my room and ask if they hear anything or is there another way? Sorry if the question is silly but I'm a bit lost when it comes to such things and I'm proud I even brought it that far ~puffs chest~ lol :P

Congrats on getting this far! If you enable the radio in 3DXChat Settings then you should hear the stream. It will probably sound a bit weird as the music on the stream will lag behind the Virtual DJ 7 player by about 10 seconds.

If nothing then make sure you have clicked "Start Recording" I think in Virtual DJ and make sure you are using the correct link in 3DXChat.

Congrats on getting this far! If you enable the radio in 3DXChat Settings then you should hear the stream. It will probably sound a bit weird as the music on the stream will lag behind the Virtual DJ 7 player by about 10 seconds.

If nothing then make sure you have clicked "Start Recording" I think in Virtual DJ and make sure you are using the correct link in 3DXChat.

Thanks for your reply Sayako! :)

I tried it again but sadly it still doesn't work, I'm afraid I made a configuration mistake in Virtual DJ, maybe the wrong port (I used port 8000)...I made some screenshots so its better to check if I made the right settings everywhere:

Screenshots deleted!

Do I have to change the settings of my router too maybe? I hope not, that would be a whole new level of being lost...haha :P

EDIT: I read again and maybe my upload speed is the problem? With the settings I made on the screenshot it would have to be around 4000, just made a speedtest and its at 1500 so I changed the settings to 96 kbps with max 10 clients which should be fine with my upload speed but still does not work grrrr ;)

No problem, I'm happy to hear it's working! Remember though it is limited by your upload so make sure to x's the number of people in your room by whatever bitrate you're using to avoid any errors or drop outs. :)

Yeah I guess with my upload speed its most likely not possible that more than 10 people can hear it, I think I will just rent a server soon to avoid this but for now I'm happy! :D Again thanks for the hint and your help! :)

Hugs,

Jen <3

• 2 weeks later...

It works now!! I had to indeed open the port in my router. Thanks so much for your help! :)

Direct stream without Server with Virtual DJ 7 Broadcaster Version

First I thought it works full for free, but damn I forget that VirtualDJ 7 Home Free is limited for 10mins of stream :(

But for a test is it ok...

Download VirtualDJ 7 Home here or here

It's important that you use the version 7, Virtual DJ 8 use a other way!

After them you have install the program press the Record Button

post-149-0-17583400-1415304660.png

Go on the left side to Broadcast and then press in the middle the Config Button and use for example this Settings

post-149-0-51230000-1415305381.png

Bitrate and Max number of clients is the needed upload Bandwith of your Internet!

Go sure that you have a good upload of your internet!

When you use as Bitrate 128kbit/s x 10 listeners is the needed upload 1280 kbit/s

Port: Make short the point to "Broadcast to a radio server" and write in the Port a Free Port over 8000 then bring the point back to "Broadcast from my own Computer"

After them, when you use a Hardware Firewall (router) you need give free this UDP Port.

Also check your ISP that Virtual DJ isn't blocked!

When you have all the steps press Start recording, now you should see this:

post-149-0-33549300-1415306456.png

write this link without /VirtualDJ.mp3 in your Browser for example:   http://256.110.301.302:8541  <--- link is fictional! You need use the showed link of your Virtual DJ.

When all was right, should this address available :)

The Stream works with Virtual DJ 7 Home Free only 10min, when this works good for you then you need as minimal version the Virtual DJ 7 Broadcaster Version!

You find this very cheap in internet

Virtual DJ 7 Broadcaster on Amazon

:P:lol:

Very nice to read it works now :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new, so I'll probably get flak for posting links, but it's just blogspot :) 

I spent some time making this for some dear friends, I hope it's detailed enough so that anyone can setup their own stream and listen to their own music in 3dxchat for free. Each step is explained with a video, and I have an introductory clip that goes into some depth about what's actually going on beneath the hood. Have fun!

http://fourmark.blogspot.com/2016/02/streaming-music-into-3dx-chat-rooms-for.html?view=classic

Addendum/Edit 1 : Nikki pointed out an existing tutorial - and while that tutorial is pretty detailed and patiently done, it doesn't have the following

1) An explanation of what's really happening (a block diagram even!)

2) Videos so that even the most naive users (and by naivete I just mean an expert in some other field!) can just follow along and stream music

3) Link to a truly free streaming service.

4) Links to every piece of software that's needed along with how to install them.

Hopefully my tutorial will provide a useful addition, thanks for reading!

Edited by Achilles
Topic "Hopefully the definitive guide to stream music into 3dxchat for free..." by markfour merged here

How is that a free one O.o Such ignorance >.< And even gets likes :(

Thank you markfour! I've tried with Listen2MyRadio before but apparently some people can hear it in game while others can not x.x

I'm using the radio stream, i had people last night able to listen to it live and now when others try after i slept and came I cant get it working.

Everything says its working i can hear it through my game and the server says its up and running. I've tried evreything I can read here and trying to get ready for a party with the Hall of Thorns. I'm using the myradiosteam. http://myradiostream.com/annaliseae

any help would be appriciated

I got it to work. Adding a / at the end of my stream + altering the encoding and changing a setting on the server. but i got it! 

I would like to get with you Annaliseae and see what you did to get your radio stream up and going.. I tried the "/" at the end of my link but it didn't work for me.. I am also using the yourradiostream server. I also have listen2myradio to. I can hear the stream through the radio but my guests can not hear it .. I am using Sam broadcaster. Any help on knowing what your settings are would be helpful thank you.

I'm using Winamp and the plugin from up top. With the my radio stream you need to make sure that it's the one at the bottom of the settings page. Ensure your codec is dropped down to the 96k stereo. With that your guests should be able to hear it. Also for the server settings I did the address not the ip. The password is listed below but sometimes you have to expand it

I'm using Winamp and the plugin from up top. With the my radio stream you need to make sure that it's the one at the bottom of the settings page. Ensure your codec is dropped down to the 96k stereo. With that your guests should be able to hear it. Also for the server settings I did the address not the ip. The password is listed below but sometimes you have to expand it

Worked like a charm changing the settings to 96k in the encoders on sam broadcaster.. Thanks So much for your help <3

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to Stream with Radio DJ and shoutcast? It seems when I select the "MP3 lame" option I am unable to activate the encoder. I may have the wrong plug-ins?

Just wonder if anyone uses it and has any success streaming with it.