3DXChat Community

[Tutorial] Private Radio Stream Feature

Chilles

Stream with Shoutcast Server and WinAmp DSP Plugin

1.) The Stream Hosting Server

Rent a Stream Hosting Server! In our example we do this with HMC Hosting Member Center and a

96 Kbps - 150 Listeners - SHOUTcast
96 Kbps - 150 Listeners - SHOUTcast - Special Unlimited Bandwidth - Instant Setup - Free Setup 10 GB Auto DJ Included - Web Hosting Included Month to month Pricing - $ 10 a month Yearly Pricing - $ 75 a year Bi-Yearly Pricing - $ 100 every 2 years

Server.

This Server is with 10$ monthly very cheap and have a good quality
*Look at the end for a cheaper alternate :)

After your order you get the Login datas via Email...

2.) Configuration of the Server

Now you should have the Login datas of HMC via Email

Go to the Link in the Email and Login in Centova Cast

post-149-0-51625400-1415296708.png

Now you should be in the backend of your Centova Cast stream server.

On the left side you see some configuration button:
Press the Quick Links Button!

post-149-0-67999400-1415296761.png

Now you are in the Quick Links page and on top you should see your streaming server index page:
For example: http://245.21.45.123:9876 (link is fictional)

Copy this link and save it in a Note or same thing.
This link have two parts, the first part is the IP to the server and the second part after the : is the selected Port.
Later is this the Link for your Radio in your Home in 3DXchat :)

3.) Configuration of WinAmp and DSP Shoutcast Plugin

WinAmp: Download and install latest Version here
Shoutcast DSP Plugin: Download and install latest Version here

When you open now WinAmp should open in the same time the Shoutcast DSP Plugin didn't open the Plugin from self:

Go to WinAmp Options -->Preferences--> Rider "Plug -ins"--> DSP/Effect--> double-click on "SHOUTcast Source DSP v. xxx"

DSP Shoutcast Plugin

Now you need the saved link of your server index page!

Go in the DSP Plugin to the Rider Output

Rider Login--> Output Configuration

Port: is the selected Port of your Server, is in your link after the : ,for example 9876
DJ / User ID: let it free (is important for Shoutcast V1 Server)
Password: you find it in your Email of HMC or in the Centova backend

You can view all the datas in your Cantova backend!

post-149-0-52293900-1415296834.png

Rider Directory:

Here is for your fantasy the way free :D
That are only infos for your Stream Index Page...

The stream should be not Public or your stream is listed in the Shoutcast Network as Radio station, then you need a Radio stream License :)

post-149-0-69858100-1415296882.png

Rider Encoder:

Encoder Type: MP3 Encoder
Encoder Settings: Your server stream bandwidth, 44100Hz, Stereo

post-149-0-46876000-1415297656.png

Rider Titles, Artwork & Logs

You can change the Settings but isn't important for your private stream

When you have all the Settings, press Connect and you should see in Status the streamed Data!
Now you can set a own Playlist with WinAmp and stream this to your Server.

4.) Push your Stream in your 3DXChat Home

Copy the saved link of Step 1

For example: http://245.21.45.123:9876 (link is fictional)

and Paste it in your Radio --> My Stream --> Enter stream link field

post-149-0-40752400-1415298600.png

Done

The Software for Stream is not matter, the way for stream is in the most programs similar!

In VirtualDJ or Traktor2 is it a bit easier but this programs are not for free :)
I hope it was somewhat understandable, my english is not the best, sorry!

There is no guarantee for trouble-free cooperate between linked stream host providers and 3DXChat!

Just an FYI for those looking for a good quality server:

Geckohost has icecast or shoutcast servers at 320k, with unlimited users and bandwith with tons of auto dj space if needed for $6/month. CLICK HERE

Edited by Chilles

Direct stream without Server with Virtual DJ 7 Broadcaster Version

First I thought it works full for free, but damn I forget that VirtualDJ 7 Home Free is limited for 10mins of stream :(

But for a test is it ok...

Download VirtualDJ 7 Home here or here

It's important that you use the version 7, Virtual DJ 8 use a other way!

After them you have install the program press the Record Button

post-149-0-17583400-1415304660.png

Go on the left side to Broadcast and then press in the middle the Config Button and use for example this Settings

post-149-0-51230000-1415305381.png

Bitrate and Max number of clients is the needed upload Bandwith of your Internet!

Go sure that you have a good upload of your internet!

When you use as Bitrate 128kbit/s x 10 listeners is the needed upload 1280 kbit/s

Port: Make short the point to "Broadcast to a radio server" and write in the Port a Free Port over 8000 then bring the point back to "Broadcast from my own Computer"

After them, when you use a Hardware Firewall (router) you need give free this UDP Port.

Also check your ISP that Virtual DJ isn't blocked!

When you have all the steps press Start recording, now you should see this:

post-149-0-33549300-1415306456.png

write this link without /VirtualDJ.mp3 in your Browser for example:   http://256.110.301.302:8541  <--- link is fictional! You need use the showed link of your Virtual DJ.

When all was right, should this address available :)

The Stream works with Virtual DJ 7 Home Free only 10min, when this works good for you then you need as minimal version the Virtual DJ 7 Broadcaster Version!

You find this very cheap in internet

Virtual DJ 7 Broadcaster on Amazon

and is there some free things for put music on them where we can train before spend money in something we dont know how to use ? :)

Much Shoutcast provider have a one month free membership for test :)

and is there some free things for put music on them where we can train before spend money in something we dont know how to use ? :)

or test the Steps in my second post!

The 10min streamtime of virtualDJ 7 should be good for a test :)

But the second way is limited good! It's a open security door...

And the stream goes full on the PC and internet resources!

hey, its so cool this finally is working in the game now whooowweeeeeeeee

p01n9b5z.jpg

and thx to nymphpott 4 the tip: cause this only works, if u have only one stereo rig in your room!!!

heard f***** good music at gismo yesterday and later my own home and hey, it kicked as! was always a hustle @ 3DX with streaming own music into the game 4 others.  ty 4 your post 4 others chilli, ur a darling, as ausal.!

ps: im using winamp dsp plugin for years now on my (our) own server and works like a charm

and here also some helpfull links for the use with winamp:

How to Broadcast to your ShoutHost Server using Winamp?
http://www.shouthost.com/how-to-setup-shoutcast-with-winamp

SHOUTcast Getting Started Guide
http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_Getting_Started_Guide

Introduction

The aim of this page is to help guide you through the process of getting a SHOUTcast 2 system installed and broadcasting so people can connect to it through the SHOUTcast Radio Directory and hear the great content you have and want to provide to the world.

What is SHOUTcast?

If you are new to SHOUTcast then this is probably something you may have already asked or you are trying to find out.At its most basic, the SHOUTcast system is based around a 'client + server' configuration which allows you to run a server (either directly or via a hosted service) which can then provide a stream or streams of the 'source' connected to the server to any clients which are connected to the server.The clients connect via a direct connection i.e. server <->> client where the main flow of data (the stream data) will go from the server to the client. So a simple SHOUTcast setup would consist of the following:

http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_Getting_Started_Guide

[Tutorial:] Streaming mit Winamp und Shoutcast DSP-Plugin (Windows --> Deutsch)

http://www.radioforen.de/index.php?threads/tutorial-streaming-mit-winamp-und-shoutcast-dsp-plugin-windows.25613/

http://www.streamplus.de/AnleitungWinamp.pdf

DJChilles always in da place !  ;)

Thank you so much for your tutorial and your work.

i'm sure we will listen some strange music now in homes !!!  :D  :D  :D

tumblr_meldb5UMp91qimi3zo1_500.gif

Guest SoFlaBoy

I still have issues with people not being able to hear my personal stream, but can hear the 3DX streams just fine.  I start, stop, load different stream, back to personal...no luck.

Hopefully the bugs will be worked out because this feature is really nice.

Hey Chaos,

thank you for the links! You post a lot of great tutorials I think with them is it perfect and easy to understand :) :wub:

All who can configure the DSP Plugin, can this after with other programs too, only the DSP Plugin is a bit confused

Here is a Screenshot of the Broadcast Settings in Virtual DJ 8 Pro Infinity, is easy understandable :)

post-149-0-30843600-1415314407.png

post-149-0-30843600-1415314407_thumb.png

It has come to my attention that upon entering a room, some users wont be able to listen the private stream, even after turning their music on and off.

A temporary fix is by clicking on the radio, selecting private stream again and then clicking OK again, without adding or removing anything.

It has come to my attention that upon entering a room, some users wont be able to listen the private stream, even after turning their music on and off.

A temporary fix is by clicking on the radio, selecting private stream again and then clicking OK again, without adding or removing anything.

I still have issues with people not being able to hear my personal stream, but can hear the 3DX streams just fine.  I start, stop, load different stream, back to personal...no luck.

Hopefully the bugs will be worked out because this feature is really nice.

its working fine here and for others. maybe u still have a wrong setting some where....good luck, youll make it^^

Thank Achilles! This is very helpful as I had no idea what I was doing. I still don't, really, but if I need to I can come here to follow the step by step process.

It's not difficult :) When you have ask or something is not clear, please let me know it :)

Hi everyone, 

Here is a small tutorial for anyone that want to DJ in there room and so some mixing. 

I am gonna show how to install Mixxx which is a free software that is devellopp by the community and support all the basic and some advance feature to start DJing and mixing. 

Mixxx is multi plateform DJ software that allowed the mixing for song, crossfading, sampling, Digital scratching, recording of your set, the analysing of your tracks to guess the bpm and much more. 

d9320de7-145b-44c1-b244-e1affd9d4a98_zps

Mixxx can run on Linux, Mac OS X and Linux.

My first tutorial will explained the installation on Windows. 

Installing Mixxx on Windows 

1. Install Mixxx

Download Mixxx and install it on your computer 

http://www.mixxx.org/download/

http://downloads.mixxx.org/mixxx-1.11.0/mixxx-1.11.0-win32.exe  (32 bits) Direct link 

http://downloads.mixxx.org/mixxx-1.11.0/mixxx-1.11.0-win64.exe  (64 bits) Direct link 

You should pick the installer that match your Windows.

It can be either 32 bit or 64 bit. You can check which type of Windows you are running by hitting "Windows Key and Pause"

32-64_zpsa5903c62.png

2. Add the MP3 encoder

Before running Mixxx for the first time, we will need to download the MP3 encoder needed for the streaming of music. You can get the encoder at this link : 

http://www.rarewares.org/files/mp3/libmp3lame-3.99.5x86.zip   ( 32bit )

http://www.rarewares.org/files/mp3/libmp3lame-3.99.5x64.zip   ( 64bit )

Then you must follow those steps : 

1. Unpack the downloaded archive.
  2. If you have the 32-bit version of Mixxx, copy the file libmp3lame.dll from thex86 folder to the location you have installed Mixxx, for example C:\ProgramFiles\Mixxx\
  3. Alternatively, if you have the 64-bit version of Mixxx, copy the filelibmp3lame.dll from the x64 folder to the location you have installed Mixxx
  4. Rename libmp3lame.dll to lame_enc.dll in the folder where you have installed Mixxx (this step must be done for 32bit and 64bit)

It important the you paste the required files in your Mixxx folder. Either : C:\Program Files (x86)\Mixxx or C:\Program Files\Mixxx

P.S. Don't hesitate to contact me in game about that part.

Then you can open the Mixxx program. You should have a shortcut on your Desktop. 

3. Configure the streaming

You need to open Option and then Preference. 

Preference_zpsc2d298f4.png

Now you need to filled the informations needed from your streaming provider : 

Streaming_zps75b1e937.png

For Shoutcast : 

1. You need to check the box to activate the broadcasting       Checkbox   
  2. You need to set the type of server to "Shoucast"                 Type        : Shoutcast
  3. You need to filled the the adress of your server                   Hote        : 192.168.0.10 <=== put your own value 
  4. You need to filled the port                                                Port         :  5000 <=== Put your own value
  5. And then you need to filled your password                          Mot de passe : IamApassword <=== Don't share it :P

Then you need to set the Format to MP3

You then can close the Preferences return to the main Windows of Mixxx. 

Now you should have a working Mixxx and ready to Stream.

You then need to had your Streaming link in your house as shown by Achilles :) It should look like this : http://192.168.0.10:5000 and then hit OK. 

Mixxx is more complex to install but it is a complete DJ software that is ideal to learn how to DJ. I will write more tutorial about it usage and installation on difference OS. 

• 2 months later...