3DXChat Community

Personal Stream Feature

Guest SoFlaBoy

Guest SoFlaBoy

The new personal stream feature seems to be broken.  The field is not editable for me at all.  I can't paste or type into it nor can I modify an existing stream from the old UI.

Awesome feature, but please either tell us how it works or fix it so we can use it.

Thanks!

It did not work for me in room that had multiple radios.  But my room with only one radio it works ,,i can type in box.. 

-Edit: deleted all radios but one and can now type into field in both rooms. added another radio to my room 2 as a test just to see and did not lemme type..... So to clarify.. delete all your radios but one!

Guest SoFlaBoy

But I'm still unable to get the stream to work, even after getting to to where I can type into field.

Are only certain streams supported?

I am not the most techsavy but could get some help her on how this works step by step would be nice got my playlist on youtube

like to use my playlist from their.

Sorry, YouTube don't works, you need a Live Music Stream Server.

But I know a way of direct stream with the own PC, Now I be not sure how much listeners the maximum was!

I test it the next 2 days and then I write a Tutorial when Interest for stream without server is!?

good-morning-vietnam-15-4.jpg

It did not work for me in room that had multiple radios.  But my room with only one radio it works ,,i can type in box.. 

-Edit: deleted all radios but one and can now type into field in both rooms. added another radio to my room 2 as a test just to see and did not lemme type..... So to clarify.. delete all your radios but one!

thx my squeezn cheese matrix weasl............no it works from my shoutscast streamsever with one hifistereo^^

gkuh7agwdh9l.jpg

Guest FoxyGold

Just Down Load WINAMP that works just fine find the music you like 1000 of station's just copy an paste

(click on File Then Click Veiw File Info an copy an paste the top link) put in my stream

Yep you need to stream index link as achilles posted it is the ip address of the streaming radio.

Yes, It's IP with the selectet Port in a URL (http://IP:Port)

In the same way works this with the own PC too but I be now not sure, was it with Winamp Remote or with VLC for free...

VirtualDJ do this so also but I don't know work this with the free version.

Now I can't test it, I look tomorrow :)

Make sure you have this conditions:

1- Only one radio in the room.

2- Has to be in the format of http://yourserver.here:porthere

3. If somebody cant listen and you can, make them turn off their music and then back on again.

4. You might need to turn off the radio, put the stream back into the field and then everybody will be able to listen.

5. Remember that as more people come into your room, more data will be coming and going to your computer, which may cause buffer underruns on your stream and might cut off temporarily.

It's not perfect and might have some minor details to be worked on, but its an awesome feature. Thank you for putting this up!

We just need to come up with Tutorial ;) Wink at Archille :)

I have been playing with a few streaming setup in the last few months.

I am planing to make a technical tutorial for people that are interested to setup there own streaming server and streaming (DJ) software while using only free software. 

Also, I am planning to write a much more simple tutorial to setup a streaming (DJ) software with a commercial streaming server. 

I am personnaly using Icecast 2 as streaming server and Mixxx as a free DJ software. 

I just need to find the time to build the document. 

P.S : And the time to planed and stream Industrial, Ebm, Electro-Industrial house party ;)

Good add , sadly , all what was said here is chinesse for me , this feature seem very hard to use so i think i will stay with the game music  -_- 

Use Spotify. Million times better than Sky/Radiotunes, has radio stations and playlist options, even collaborative playlists so you can build them with friends/for people.

Use Spotify. Million times better than Sky/Radiotunes, has radio stations and playlist options, even collaborative playlists so you can build them with friends/for people.

But does it provide you with a link that is compatible with shoucast protocol ? I am just thinking about the integration into the new streaming feature in home. If it is the case, it would be a very powerful tool. 

lol I have a funny Idea ^^ Now with the new stream function is the way free for talk with voices in our rooms :D
That works with Skype or with teamspeak, is not matter... And all People where come in this room can listen the talking :D :D

That works same as the Micro for Live DJing, you push the Outpot of Skype or Teamspek with the Line in to Shout or IceCast and stream it in the room^^ :lol::D