#101 Leeloo

Leeloo

Supreme One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in solar system

Posted 07 April 2019 - 05:12 PM

Honestly... People on 32 bits systems should upgrade their OS. And probably PC. It's 2019.

the problem for them (or at least for some) it's the price. In france the lower price for a new computer is between 400 and 500 €. Not everyone can affort that much in actual times

• Rodin likes this

#102 Lounea

Lounea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 07 April 2019 - 05:14 PM

True felinia, but it seem that devs are about to add rochi's dll functions (or at least some) to the basic client so no need to worry anyone; and your yelling is useless

When I see that it takes 8 months for devs to update anything, I certainly don't trust what it " seems ". So yeah, yell as much as you can, you pay for a service and you deserve it fully. Which is not the case.

• Felinia likes this

#103 Lounea

Lounea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:33 PM

And please, don't give me the " it's disrespectful to use the hacked dll". If people are using it, it's because it offers functionnalities they want. It's great to play with the colours, to save and load a character, etc. The devs don't lose any money while we are using the Rochi's dll. At the contrary, we are still paying for a game that is improved by the work of someone else, while waiting for MONTHS for updates, new poses, new clothes, and only get disappoiting stuff.

• Cyra, Kisha, Takisa and 2 others like this

#104 AliceM

AliceM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:44 PM

I think we should leave the post in the special topic that Gizmo opened:   http://3dxforum.com/...fficial-client/

• Xizl likes this

#105 gizmo

gizmo

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,017 posts
  • Location3DXChat

Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:02 AM

Dear 3DX friends,

We are very glad that you liked this update. We receive strong positive feedback from you and it inspires us very much.

Thank you for your support, we really appreciate it.

Please pay attention to this topic Features from mods in the official client

Help us make the game even better for you! :)

Best wishes,

3DXChat team

• Leeloo, ExHaran, XXXJessikaXXX and 10 others like this

#106 Aliviax

Aliviax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 April 2019 - 12:26 PM

Dear 3DX friends,

We are very glad that you liked this update. We receive strong positive feedback from you and it inspires us very much.

Thank you for your support, we really appreciate it.

Please pay attention to this topic Features from mods in the official client

Help us make the game even better for you! :)

Best wishes,

3DXChat team

pats Gizmo in the back n says good job :)

• gizmo likes this

#107 Lounea

Lounea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 08 April 2019 - 08:00 PM

« We are very glad that you liked this update. We receive strong positive feedback from you and it inspires us very much. »

I hope you also read the negative ones. But I don't think so. And that's a problem, because you won't get your game any better with people saying you that everything is already perfect ...

#108 Xizl

Xizl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 08:48 PM

Well, things are never perfect. But that's a very nice update, that's just a fact. And Gizmo fully deserved praise this time. Ofc it would be a very big problem if Rochi's feautures would not be implemented in 64 bit version, but the other thread showing us that Gizmo interested and motivated to make them work and it soon going to be part of the game. Partially at least for sure. Tho most of people would like it fully.
  • gizmo, Leeloo and Babette like this

#109 Tlaera

Tlaera

Dream Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
  • LocationSangrive

Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:53 AM

Good news: It looks like the memory leak is fixed.

Bad news: The 64 bit client appears to use twice as much memory as the 32bit client did.  It starts at around 900M.  Even with the memory leak, the 32 bit client never used that much.

It doesn't seem to be causing me any issues, but I've got a lot of RAM.  Still, worth checking out.

Tlaera

#110 Tlaera

Tlaera

Dream Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
  • LocationSangrive

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:07 AM

Okay, I spoke too soon about the memory leak.  Tonight it increased to 1500M over the course of around an hour.

#111 Yvonny

Yvonny

ʙʟᴀᴄᴋʀᴏsᴇ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:18 AM

Obviously the 64 bit client uses more...

• Babette likes this

#112 SayaX

SayaX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:45 AM

Icecast streaming servers use OGG. This caused some people’s streaming setups to break, including mine so I moved to Shoutcast. It is nice to see full OGG support back.
  • gizmo likes this

#113 Lounea

Lounea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:54 AM

Well, things are never perfect. But that's a very nice update, that's just a fact. And Gizmo fully deserved praise this time. Ofc it would be a very big problem if Rochi's feautures would not be implemented in 64 bit version, but the other thread showing us that Gizmo interested and motivated to make them work and it soon going to be part of the game. Partially at least for sure. Tho most of people would like it fully.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to "praise" somebody for doing his job. This game is not free. We pay for it. And it's expensive. So yes it's kind of good, and yes I keep coming because I have friends in here, but we are customers and we have the right to expect something in return. What do we get ? An update every 6 months, usually not interesting, and sometimes we even LOSE stuff. Just like now, with the mods unavailable. - I don't think it's going to be "soon" part of the game. There's no "soon" in here. I understand you can't get everything at once, but we are paying enoug to expect things going a little faster. By the way, I think the devs totallly knew that the mod dll wouldn't be available with the 64 bits version. Then, why don't ask to the people what they wanted BEFORE the update ? Sorry to be a pain in the ass but that's the way it is : we are paying customers, not beta testers.

• Cyra and presciouss like this

#114 EmmaHny

EmmaHny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:49 PM

the problem for them (or at least for some) it's the price. In france the lower price for a new computer is between 400 and 500 €. Not everyone can affort that much in actual times

Leeloo,

Computers as old as 10 years are 64 bits. The Core2 Duo was already 64 bits and its production ended in 2011.

As for OSes, the matter is different. But I can't be fair on that point, I'm no windows user :-)

There's a path to 64 bits on those machines that wouldn't cost a penny. I'd be happy to share. Even in French ;-)

Emma

#115 MeiLing

MeiLing

The fool who dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,432 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:04 PM

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to "praise" somebody for doing his job. This game is not free. We pay for it. And it's expensive. So yes it's kind of good, and yes I keep coming because I have friends in here, but we are customers and we have the right to expect something in return. What do we get ? An update every 6 months, usually not interesting, and sometimes we even LOSE stuff. Just like now, with the mods unavailable. - I don't think it's going to be "soon" part of the game. There's no "soon" in here. I understand you can't get everything at once, but we are paying enoug to expect things going a little faster. By the way, I think the devs totallly knew that the mod dll wouldn't be available with the 64 bits version. Then, why don't ask to the people what they wanted BEFORE the update ? Sorry to be a pain in the ass but that's the way it is : we are paying customers, not beta testers.

We have something in return... we pay for a service, and we have the service. 

#116 MeiLing

MeiLing

The fool who dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,432 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:06 PM

Leeloo,

Computers as old as 10 years are 64 bits. The Core2 Duo was already 64 bits and its production ended in 2011.

As for OSes, the matter is different. But I can't be fair on that point, I'm no windows user :-)

There's a path to 64 bits on those machines that wouldn't cost a penny. I'd be happy to share. Even in French ;-)

Emma

Possible but not so easy with windows. Older computers will lose some drivers with Win 10 and Win 7 will not be supported in 2020. It also means to buy a licence. Well the solution might be Mint.

#117 EmmaHny

EmmaHny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:25 PM

Well, a fairly strange bug strikes me.

With the 64 bits version, if I focus out to another window and back in, the 3DXChat window looses the keyboard, and most mouse movements (only the single left click remains active).

Anything would explain that ? I admit I'm on a below statistics user representation, but I'm keen on knowing where to watch, in case I could fix it :-)

That was not the case with the 32 bits version.

#118 Rodin

Rodin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationIm a Vagabond

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:57 AM

Sarcasm noted lol

I mean it like say It! testing it.....so...."Sarcasm" mode is "off" it is much better than before!!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

locogirl