3DXChat Community

How do I get between the updates and my software

indianjack

it used to update and kick everyone out, this way people can finish what they are doing without being thrown out, it's a good thing.

Sure, yeah. But why not also warn you on logging in too before it patches?  Like a "Hey, would you like to patch now? But make sure first any third party DLL's are not being used."

Sure, yeah. But why not also warn you on logging in too before it patches?  Like a "Hey, would you like to patch now? But make sure first any third party DLL's are not being used."

IF YOU OPEN THE GAME AND IT STARTS THE PATCH ;"X" OUT OF THE GAME AND SWAP IT OUT , NOT THAT HARD TO DO HONESTLY...

IF YOU OPEN THE GAME AND IT STARTS THE PATCH ;"X" OUT OF THE GAME AND SWAP IT OUT , NOT THAT HARD TO DO HONESTLY...

I don't use these other DLL's but based on the posts here when there is a new patch many find this VERY hard to do.  :)

I don't use these other DLL's but based on the posts here when there is a new patch many find this VERY hard to do.  :)

SOME OF THEM ALSO DON´T READ THAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT OUT BEFORE UPDATING ON THE SITE THEY GET IT FROM...

I keep seeing that you can now approve an update before it runs, but I keep getting updates as soon as I click to load 3DX. So question is this:

1) Is there a way to delay an update or not?

2) If so how do I accomplish that?

And please if there is give me step by step instructions.

Folder of 3DXChat

find 'patcher.exe'

Right click

Run as administrator

Then at each update, it will ask you if you allow it to modify.

Easy and elegant

Folder of 3DXChat

find 'patcher.exe'

Right click

Run as administrator

Then at each update, it will ask you if you allow it to modify.

Easy and elegant

No, sorry, this cannot work and it does not work.

When you right click "Run as administrator" the patcher immediately starts with administrator rights, but it does not change this file in a way, that it can be run only this way in future.

As you should run windows 10 from an administrator account anyway, this option is useless.

The only way to be asked before the patcher starts it's work is to install the game in a subfolder of "program files (x86)", as it formerly was, till they changed the default installation path to c:/Games.

Just rename the patcher.exe file when you use change the game files anyhow ? 

Then you won't get the update until you've changed things back and Gizmo doesn't have to answer questions about people using third party files on his game, win-win ?  :rolleyes:

That being said, it's not their duty to warn anyone of an update at login, since we are using third parties (not provided by the game) at our own risk.

I totally agree with you, but it is somewhat concerning, that the patcher overrides the UAC of windows 10 and is able to modify your windows installation without any given permission to do so. This is a major security issue.

When you right click "Run as administrator" the patcher immediately starts with administrator rights, but it does not change this file in a way, that it can be run only this way in future.

As you should run windows 10 from an administrator account anyway, this option is useless.

The only way to be asked before the patcher starts it's work is to install the game in a subfolder of "program files (x86)", as it formerly was, till they changed the default installation path to c:/Games.

Yes it does, I have this since the way I started playing 3DX. Everytime there is an update, it gives me the admin warning in windows and says if I want to run this program and I simply click No and change the dll back to original. Then start 3DX again, click yes and it updates without any problems

Yes it does, I have this since the way I started playing 3DX. Everytime there is an update, it gives me the admin warning in windows and says if I want to run this program and I simply click No and change the dll back to original. Then start 3DX again, click yes and it updates without any problems

Sorry again, no, the way to change the behaviour of the patcher does not work.

What you desribe is something different:

If your game is installed in C:/program files (x86) - the former default installation path -

only THEN it works how you desribe it.

(I mentioned this at the end of my comment)

If the game is installed unter C:/Games/ you do not see this option, and it cannot be changed, so the patcher starts immediately

Sorry again, no, the way to change the behaviour of the patcher does not work.

What you desribe is something different:

If your game is installed in C:/program files (x86) - the former default installation path -

only THEN it works how you desribe it.

(I mentioned this at the end of my comment)

If the game is installed unter C:/Games/ you do not see this option, and it cannot be changed, so the patcher starts immediately

Mine is installed on E:\Games\3DXChat, so how come I have it run as admin each time it starts the patcher and it asks for permission?

I also had it installed on C:\Games\3DXChat before and it still worked, so what you are saying is false.

Until the update 388, mine was doing that too. The game started and my computer was asking me if i wanted to allow it to modify W10. But since update 388, when there is an update, the patcher auto load the patch and it auto launch it without asking anymore if i allow it.

Just checked and i've found why (maybe)

Before i was just doing "right clic>then clic on the run as administrator option" (and then, the patcher was starting and asked me if i wanted to allow it) (i think doing this way is not the good way)

When i checked, i did: right clic>properties>compatibility. There i ticked an option "run as administrator" then clicked "apply".

I'll see with next patch if it work this way.

Just checked and i've found why (maybe)

Before i was just doing "right clic>then clic on the run as administrator option" (and then, the patcher was starting and asked me if i wanted to allow it) (i think doing this way is not the good way)

When i checked, i did: right clic>properties>compatibility. There i ticked an option "run as administrator" then clicked "apply".

I'll see with next patch if it work this way.

Yes, that's the correct way to do it. i have it checked at always run as administrator for all users and it asked for permission every single time, even during the new patches :)

SOME OF THEM ALSO DON´T READ THAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT OUT BEFORE UPDATING ON THE SITE THEY GET IT FROM...

that is exactly the point, you know you have to take it out before updating but you can't because you never know when the updates are coming, what is so hard to understand about that?

Well crap

Well I changed it so will see what happens next update