#21 LovelyBritney

LovelyBritney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:17 PM

Just checked and i've found why (maybe)

Before i was just doing "right clic>then clic on the run as administrator option" (and then, the patcher was starting and asked me if i wanted to allow it) (i think doing this way is not the good way)

When i checked, i did: right clic>properties>compatibility. There i ticked an option "run as administrator" then clicked "apply".

I'll see with next patch if it work this way.

Yes, that's the correct way to do it. i have it checked at always run as administrator for all users and it asked for permission every single time, even during the new patches :)

#22 indianjack

indianjack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:39 AM

IF YOU OPEN THE GAME AND IT STARTS THE PATCH ;"X" OUT OF THE GAME AND SWAP IT OUT , NOT THAT HARD TO DO HONESTLY...

Tried that once had to re install the game

#23 indianjack

indianjack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:41 AM

SOME OF THEM ALSO DONĀ“T READ THAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT OUT BEFORE UPDATING ON THE SITE THEY GET IT FROM...

that is exactly the point, you know you have to take it out before updating but you can't because you never know when the updates are coming, what is so hard to understand about that?

#24 indianjack

indianjack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:44 AM

Folder of 3DXChat

find 'patcher.exe'

Right click

Run as administrator

Then at each update, it will ask you if you allow it to modify.

Easy and elegant

Now this lady knows what she is talking about, thank you very much

#25 indianjack

indianjack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:46 AM

No, sorry, this cannot work and it does not work.
When you right click "Run as administrator" the patcher immediately starts with administrator rights, but it does not change this file in a way, that it can be run only this way in future.
As you should run windows 10 from an administrator account anyway, this option is useless.
The only way to be asked before the patcher starts it's work is to install the game in a subfolder of "program files (x86)", as it formerly was, till they changed the default installation path to c:/Games.

Well crap

#26 indianjack

indianjack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:49 AM

Yes it does, I have this since the way I started playing 3DX. Everytime there is an update, it gives me the admin warning in windows and says if I want to run this program and I simply click No and change the dll back to original. Then start 3DX again, click yes and it updates without any problems

Well I changed it so will see what happens next update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users