3DXChat Community

Sending Attachments in Forum Messenger

Maybe I'm blind and not seeing the obvious but how do I attach a photo to a message? I've looked all over the editor and tried a few things. First was,"Drag and Drop." The pics did that, just fine but when I sent the message, the photos were missing or I got an SQL alert saying the message couldn't be sent. I then tried the 'Image' button but that required a URL. I'm just trying to to send a message with some pics from my computer, to another member in the forum, why do I need a URL? We can send attachments in the forum, why not in a PM.

Boo… Hi YA Norfolk, not a techie, got no clue what goes on behind the curtains but know what works for me. :rolleyes: 

/me uses same technique in Forum Posts as me does in Forum PM’s…

If I want to include (embed) an image (pic or gif) from the WEB into Post or PM… 90% of the time can Cut n Paste directly into box. When I do get a rare error or want to post a pic/gif stored locally on my HD… need to take an additional step.

/me uses IMGUR; a free online storage, hosting, editing n sharing site as my facilitator. Importing pics n gifs from the web or my local HD to this web service, then editing, resizing n choosing proper posting format (BB Code for msg bds n forums) works for me, before Cut n Paste directly into Forum Post or PM box.

**side note... /me only embeds images, never tried to "attach" a file like in email.

Hope this helps YA. 

*hugs* if ya like em ;)