3DXChat Community

Who is an actual player

MeiLing

everyone on the forums plays the game, even the ones that say they don’t. I am sure they have good reasons to say they only use forums and not the game, a lot of us can relate to that, but I can almost guarantee it’s not true

There are actually quite a few people in these forums that have not been in the game for months to years.

I myself haven't been in for over 6 months now.

My reason for staying in the forums is to watch and see if something will be added that could get my interest in re subbing.

At the moment I don't see myself re subbing, at least not in the near future, but if there was to be a few things added that lots of us have kept asking for likely I would re sub.

Also there are those of us that keep in contact with people from the game using the private message part of the forum.

Plus when I see something asked for, pushed for, that would get my interest, I like to try to help to push for it, and so do others I know that are not subbed right now.

everyone on the forums plays the game, even the ones that say they don’t. I am sure they have good reasons to say they only use forums and not the game, a lot of us can relate to that, but I can almost guarantee it’s not true

That is quite the presumption, Phoenix. I am quite certain there are many people who claim they don't, but still do play forum and game, but your broad sweeping generalization is most definitely incorrect. I stopped playing the game after my computer took an unrepairable crash while I was on, and now I am hesitant to re-install on the brand new machine, especially after hearing of all the nightmares of the new update that happened shortly after my crash. I remain in Forums, because of so many friends I've made here, and to continue in our game threads that we have had running for months, even years on some. I would caution you not to be so assumptive, there are so many people here who just look for a reason to start a war of words, and it's been amazingly peaceful of late, and I would like to see that last a little bit longer, if at all possible. 

my point was I don’t believe that.

Sure I understand there might be a few complicated cases where people here in forums enter and exit the game here and there for a month or two, but beyond that I think it’s not true. Most of the stories or even personas are just make believe in my mind, and that’s a big part of the internet.

Things are very often not as they are seen or told. I am allowed to have that opinion and also believe my opinion opposite of yours is probably the right one.

I know exactly what you meant, how you choose not to believe anything anyone says about themselves in this game, forums and in fact other games and forums on the Internet about their real selves.

There are quite a few people that think exactly like you believe it or not, which is something I find very sad.

You believe that the majority of people who venture into games like this are the same as you, think the same as you think.

You believe that almost everyone that says anything about their real lives to be lying, that people who are on the Internet do not tell the truth about who they are.

Wake up you idiot, most people are not like that.

I find it hilarious that people do not believe what I say about myself, when my life is a fairly common one.

Like most people in the world I am married with children but when I try to say that is who I am there are people in this game and forums that think I must be lying.

I find it really strange that there are people like yourself that believe in most cases anyone who says they are living a normal kind of life cannot possible be in this game.

Now I know all this would seem really strange and over stated to the majority of people in the world, but there are some like you that actually believe that most people think like that.

Lol, you have actually stated very much that you believe "except for a few complicated cases" very much saying that you believe almost everyone is like that.

Which pretty much says you believe that pretty well everyone who enters this game and forums could not possibly be having any sort of normal life.

Now I am not saying that you are one of these people, but I do know there are quite a lot of people who think the way you do use it as an excuse to do the things you are saying you believe everybody to be doing.

Well my opinion, and I am pretty sure I am right to, is that you are wrong about it being that almost everyone that goes in the game is how you think they are.

My opinion is that it is very much the other way around, that there are far more people that are at least fairly honest about themselves.

And I find it really sad that there are some people that think people with normal lives do not actually get involved. 

That if you are in the game you must be like you are and when people say something about their lives that is actually stating something really normal, like having children, cannot possibly be telling the truth.

Can't you see how ridiculous that is.

Sorry, Phoenixsong, you are not correct.
If you said "most people" instead of "everyone," I might agree with you.
However, for a start, I was away from the game for fifteen months but still read the forum regularly (and contributed), mainly because I was interested in WE. I might never have come back. It was only a supposedly cheap rate for re-subscribing that tempted me and the chance to do some building.
I know of at least five other people who continue to read the forum (and talk to me and occasionally contribute) but no longer play the game, mainly people who switched to Second Life or other games but who still wish to stay in touch.
Why wouldn't they? Unlike the game, it doesn't cost anything to join and participate in the forum.
You're welcome to have an opinion but, as Plato said, "opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."