3DXChat Community

TEST SERVER REOPENING FOR PR( SUGGESTION)

Aliviax

The problem with the test server is it is open to anyone to join, so we then have the problem of under age people getting in there.

Plus I don't feel that a test server open for a short time would give them a real good example of the game.

I would rather see a free period offered for new players in the main game where credit card details still need to given but not charged.

The problem with the test server is it is open to anyone to join, so we then have the problem of under age people getting in there.

I don't think it's a big deal, there are few other games like this which is f2p and don't require credit card to join and they are still pretty alive, not shuted down by law. I guess people just need to agree that they are 18+ when they are register.  In other games it works, why should not it work here?

Plus I don't feel that a test server open for a short time would give them a real good example of the game.

Here I agree. It should be minimum a week, maybe even two. Better do it less often but for a longer period of time, in two days people will not really get an undestranding what this game is. I myself joined live servers after last test server and together with me joined my wife here and some friends who also started on test server. I very doubt I would join live servers after 2 days of test one. Not like it's impossible, but chances a lot less.

And btw, Alivia, why this thread not into Development & Suggestions section? What it have to do with Technical Support?

I don't think it's a big deal, there are few other games like this which is f2p and don't require credit card to join and they are still pretty alive, not shuted down by law. I guess people just need to agree that they are 18+ when they are register.  In other games it works, why should not it work here?

Here I agree. It should be minimum a week, maybe even two. Better do it less often but for a longer period of time, in two days people will not really get an undestranding what this game is. I myself joined live servers after last test server and together with me joined my wife here and some friends who also started on test server. I very doubt I would join live servers after 2 days of test one. Not like it's impossible, but chances a lot less.

And btw, Alivia, why this thread not into Development & Suggestions section? What it have to do with Technical Support?

well i thought it kinda suit here more w/e :)

1 weekend per month i think is awesome no need more .weekend equals 3 days 3dxchat aint complex like other games that have long learning curve .

its for promotional reasons so ppl get a small taste.

Ofc its up to Gizmo also make dates available in social media so ppl know they can try game for a weekend per month free 

Free period: the worst idea ever. I have seen free players in other games.... oh my goodness what a pain in the arse. Better to have them on a test server and of course no access for members.

And how you think it's possible to do? To make "no access" for members? And what even the point in doing it? With members from live server - free one will be more lively and old players can also help newbies. 

I agree difficult to do because you can create as much account as you want on free server that's the point with free members in the game.  You can't always complain about stalking, the ignore system and advocate a free membership in the game. This will open the gates of hell

Other point: do you think that peeps would subscribe if they had the free thing? A majority of players are only here for a month or two. It means less income for the dev and in the end less development, and the end of 3DX. 

I agree difficult to do because you can create as much account as you want on free server that's the point with free members in the game.  You can't always complain about stalking, the ignore system and advocate a free membership in the game. This will open the gates of hell

Other point: do you think that peeps would subscribe if they had the free thing? A majority of players are only here for a month or two. It means less income for the dev and in the end less development, and the end of 3DX. 

Well I never complain about stalking *shrugs*. It's just the thing that some nasty people do, it can't be helped without ruining people's privacy or completely removing alts and both options imo FAR worse than stalkers, so I prefer to just deal with it as it is. 

Yes, I think that some peeps will subscribe if they had the free thing. I know 8 people including myself who started on test server and moved to the live one after the test one were closed. And besides them I seen decades of names on live server, that I seen before on the test one. Probably majority of them were just playing on live one and then moved to test server to have some easy fun, but I am sure some of them are also tasted the game on a test server and then moved to live one. And no, I don't think that small freebies like one weekend per month or one week per couple of months is enough to make people stop pay for subscription. Even if someone stop - I think it will be more new players than the ones who will stop to pay to play free for a few days per month. 

I say just add a 7 to 14 day free trial per email to the front of the normal server. To stop some things like free trial abuse only give the option to play Bob or Betty as is. No dressing room, no building, no player created rooms, No partner poses, no free gold,  
no pm etc etc.. Maybe just let the free trial chat in local or world chat. The restrictions the devs could hand out are endless. Cheers all!!!

Whatever they do, please no free members in the main game. It is one of the reasons why I am willing to pay a monthly fee. I don't have to deal with kids or those who misuse the free offer to troll around.

We already have enough paying trolls ^^.

One day as 3dxChat servers were down I joined RLC and the first what happend was that a 15 year old teen wanted to talk with me about my orgasms... ehh yes... I don't want this :)

If we can all work on a representative forum new players can inform them self here and than decide to join or not. I did this too. 

That would probably kill the game. I see a lot of people switching from the paid thing to the free one, and all the players buying a month to try the game (which probably represent an huge amount of money) never doing so because they can try for free.

It would require some trial system for it to work. That would require two to three months with no other updates and another amount of complaining on the forum, pretty legit since the one paying would pay for stuff for free users and get nothing in the end.

The game is not that pricey and like someone else said, it's a pretty good filter against children.

Ohhh I can understand the worry in it. Maybe for such games like this because of such issues. You give the trial nothing but visuals. You wanna socialize you pay. you wanna jerk off in public you pay etc. etc. They could jack the front of the game up and slam payment option to chat, but yeah such things ya actually need to work on the game & think about all the conflict that will surely happen. Not fuel your private jet up every day to make bank deposits. As is I'm not trying to push the issue I'm just saying. Test server, free period, free zone, mehhhhhh :) Cheers all!!

Just to clarify what I meant by saying I would rather see a free time for new players in the main server with credit card details given.

I actually don't think any free time is such a god idea, but if it is to be done it should be in the main server.

If a test server was opened as suggested then there would not only be the age problem, but there would be very little of what goes on in the main game available for people to see.

No onw would go there to have events, not many of the players from the main server would go there.

My opinion is there is a lot of other things can be done to make it so numbers will improve, things that should be done.

Things that can make new players feel more welcomed and have more stay past the 1st month.

I asked our IT guy at the club... I think everybody forgets one thing: a server can't be hired for two days a week, you use it for a period on a 24/7 basis, for probably a month minimum or one year. So it's pretty much impossible to propose a test server on a two days per week basis ;)

Coming from rlc where free accounts are admitted with limited functionality, I would say that the fact that free accounts can't have sex but only see others "busy" is one of the main incentives to sign up for a payable account...

I say just add a 7 to 14 day free trial per email to the front of the normal server. To stop some things like free trial abuse only give the option to play Bob or Betty as is. No dressing room, no building, no player created rooms, No partner poses, no free gold,  

no pm etc etc.. Maybe just let the free trial chat in local or world chat. The restrictions the devs could hand out are endless. Cheers all!!!

This will not help people to really have a taste of the game. There are exist a lot better offline sex-posers than 3dx. The point of 3dx is both sexual and social aspect and how they are connect with each other. That's also why I am against "trials" in general - they don't let people relly feel the game as it is. And I also don't want to see free players on the main server, even at some special weekends, too many trolls will abuse this. I think the free wekends/weeks every few weeks/months on a separate server is a best option. 

This will not help people to really have a taste of the game. There are exist a lot better offline sex-posers than 3dx. The point of 3dx is both sexual and social aspect and how they are connect with each other. That's also why I am against "trials" in general - they don't let people relly feel the game as it is. And I also don't want to see free players on the main server, even at some special weekends, too many trolls will abuse this. I think the free wekends/weeks every few weeks/months on a separate server is a best option. 

I can't dispute your thinking on it. My thinking on it is very rough & the only point I have is. However it might be done requires it's own thinking to attack said issues & to "work" on it. If one was to sit here and list all possible issues that could be or how it could be done. The post would take all day I think. 3dx is far from harassment other bigger MMO's have, but they have solution because they work the problems daily/weekly/monthly. How it's done here is mehhhh to me. I was just dropping ideas out to participate in the thread. 3dx is said to be the best looking of it's genre.

but it's chat/social system & it's protection from said harassment is mehhhhhhhhhhhh!! I assume most worry about said things because they don't trust the developers to think on it enough to do what every other game has already done, but better. The long term harassment 3dx has is because the chat/social protection mechanics are poor in my opinion. So when a topic hits the forum about test server/trial/free zone everyone in there own way says the social protection sucks & we don't trust devs to be innovative enough because the last game i played the owners also sucked at providing harassment protection. Cheers!!!

Hello this is a suggestion for the 3dxchat team .

The idea is to open The test server for couple days per month or per 2 months for promotional reasons

so people that dont yet play the game be able to try it a couple days .

Im sure it will help game growth if people could play 2 days in test server .

Muacks

Well, just a reminder.

The test server is now called the main server (maybe the only server even). I doubt devs continued to pay for the old server

No.

First I love this response, second a great idea would be to offer version one with instead of the saloon, if possible one player's aka member's room to display. I am sure there are many members out there that would offer one of their rooms to showcase the game and like GD said once a month for a week, a water down free version where actual members display one room and the 3dx DJ can have popular member DJs showcase their music, like Achilles used to do with the 3DX Night Club, Sin Club and Fresco. If it is for a week I am sure more than one DJ would love to offer their music services there. 

Hello this is a suggestion for the 3dxchat team .

The idea is to open The test server for couple days per month or per 2 months for promotional reasons

so people that dont yet play the game be able to try it a couple days .

Im sure it will help game growth if people could play 2 days in test server .

Muacks

This should be done on the main server, free weekend, as in the overwatch. I am sure it will be useful for the game. a good idea.

This should be done on the main server, free weekend, as in the overwatch. I am sure it will be useful for the game. a good idea.

Disgusting idea. Trolls, naked wankers, x2 (if not x10) amount of trash-talk in world chat... No, thanks. 

Disgusting idea. Trolls, naked wankers, x2 (if not x10) amount of trash-talk in world chat... No, thanks. 

Yes you right. we don't need new players, we don't need the development of the game. oh god, there may be trolls among the new players. but ... in which online game are there no trolls? and why i don't care about trolls and the ignore function works for me?
I'm sad to talk about it, but if everything remains as it is, the game will die.
for interest, count the approximate online players (I think 500-600, I'm an optimist), x $ 20 (maximum subscription price) we get $ 12,000 (actually, the amount is less). subtract the cost of server maintenance, taxes, rent / maintenance of the office, the salaries of employees and etc. Don't forget that the developers also want to make a profit. how much is left for develop? I really hope that i’m wrong, and developers are much better off. but we all see reality.
you still don't want new players?
(Google Translate)

In game unlimited no credit card commitment, free and no commitment free look. Movement restricted to some type of moderated 3DX night club, welcome center - or replace Saloon with old 3DX beach and use that for events. Sex animations disabled, world chat disabled, and PM's disabled. Local chat only. Automatic word filter kick script - Three kicks equals ban. Planned monthly events with potential to win free months membership.

Ability to click on some prop - maybe an ATM that when clicked links to sign-up page and lifts restrictions upon logging back in.

Edit: Moderation: If 3DX doesn't have staff to cover paid company moderation, then application based moderation with moderators being 'paid' a percentage of each sign up during their shift to occur.

I did not know Overwatch was doing this, but shit, consider the "free" games that cost money a free weekend does make sense. I would love to have the "Free" version showcase a Builder's creation and a group of DJ's willing to showcase their services and skill but that is for the owners to decide. I am sure more people would get behind the idea if there were limitations between the free version and membership version as well as the ability to have involvement.