#81 Bridget_Cleary

Bridget_Cleary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:49 PM

It’s just occurred to me. Could this be how the bullies create false narratives?

#82 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

It’s just occurred to me. Could this be how the bullies create false narratives?

Some troll-lo-lo-lol-lol people say something in an original post to get a reaction, then they sometimes go and edit it later to make it much more mild or innocuous so it seems like they weren't so bad in the first place when people read back up the thread and it looks like the other person who reacted is actually making a big deal out of nothing. Fave trick of some. This is why it is indeed a good idea to include the original post as a quote in your reply as standard practice so they can't alter it and people can read what was actually said. I do it a lot.

#83 chloe

chloe

♪♫♬ Queen of Bass ♬♫♪

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,728 posts
  • Location❤ Felia ❤

Posted 01 February 2019 - 04:38 PM

Some troll-lo-lo-lol-lol people say something in an original post to get a reaction, then they sometimes go and edit it later to make it much more mild or innocuous so it seems like they weren't so bad in the first place when people read back up the thread and it looks like the other person who reacted is actually making a big deal out of nothing. Fave trick of some. This is why it is indeed a good idea to include the original post as a quote in your reply as standard practice so they can't alter it and people can read what was actually said. I do it a lot.

Right, but still the same happens other way around... for somebody outside this is no longer traceable. This place feels like Gotham, maybe I should switch on the signal!

batman-lightup-1-1024x576.jpg

• Rockster likes this

#84 Mar Mohan

Mar Mohan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 04:56 PM

Do I say something or not? Let’s see if this gets quoted as well.

Ha sodding ha. You know, I know and.the whole of 3dxChat knows exactly what you mean.

So you’ve worked out how to edit quotes. Sooooooooooo clever? Just in case you’ve forgotten, here’s the original.

Oh and btw adding an e on the end doesn’t make it ok or alter your meaning.

I only quoted it so if it's changed later, the actual comment exists.  Rockster you have explained exactly what I was doing.  People have gone back recently and have changed what they have written.

• Rockster and TheReporter like this

#85 Briana

Briana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:38 AM

I found some really interesting facts in the "Overall top posters" section of this forum.

Looking at how I rate in this has me actually thinking about my posting and maybe I need to change how I go about things in this forum.

I went through 6 pages until I found where I am listed, and noted down some of the main people known in this forum of late, and how they seem to rate.

Nmae.                           Date Joined.            Posts.           Likes.           Average likes per posts.                         

RobT                             3/6/2016                  8234             6734            .81

Meiling                          13/12/2016              6436             10244          1.59

chloe                             11/9/2014                3319             8548            2.57

JessicaX                        5/9/2015                 1212             2361            1.94

Cordelia                         2/11/2014               1081             2464            2.27

Felia                               8/9/2014                 889              3580             4.02

Mar Mohan                    19/9/2017                872              449               .51

RobPathFinder              2/4/2016                  735              1535            1.84

Twiggy                          13/7/2016                 601              732              1.21

Xandisweet                   9/6/2017                   533              409              .78

Rockster                       14/8/2016                 510               507             .99

AHT                              9/4/2015                   445               964             2.16

As I said I looked at mine compared to others, average likes per post 1.21, a little under what appeared to be the average which is about 1.4

Which has me thinking I need to think about the way I go about things in these forums.

So now, having shown that and what can be taken from it I will get to the point of this thread.

I have seen in other forums that they have a dislike button as well as a like button.

I think a dislike button may help in members thinking twice before they post, and lesson the amount of crappy post that are so often appearing in these forums.

I am interested to know what other people think.

Absolutely unecessary ,this ---)  maxresdefault.jpg redbutton425.jpg castleromeo.jpg

is much appropriate in any circumstance...and also for this new topix too!

#86 chloe

chloe

♪♫♬ Queen of Bass ♬♫♪

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,728 posts
  • Location❤ Felia ❤

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:23 AM

Totally unnecessary is the resurrection of a thread which was - luckily - already dead.

#87 Xandisweet

Xandisweet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:24 AM

Welcome back Briana 😊 I see you've been catching up on the chaos
  • Briana likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users