3DXChat Community

Forum Slow?

Doc

Funny how even a dodgy server raises passions. It’s been like ages and it’s Gizmo’s responsibility to sort it. Whatever the reason it ain’t sorted. It should be, and pdq otherwise it reflects on the rest of 3dxChat.

agreed but if problem isnt on ur end (3dxchat) n its on some other service all u can do is wait them short it out :)

Typically you pay for a certain "amount of hosting on the shared server" (for lack of better terms) for a forum being hosted. Obviously the server doing the forum hosting that 3dxchat has set up is not adequate to cover the users or is having issues. So it is up to whoever is paying for this hosting to increase the service or at the least report the issue. 

The problem hasn’t been fixed, which is what’s annoying people.

A choke on bandwidth can take many forms. In this case I think throughput is restricted on a five or ten minute cycle. Once the limit is reached the server drops the connection or the hardware server prioritises other tasks until the next cycle.

Analysis of the fault doesn’t help, the point is it’s not been fixed for two weeks.

The problem hasn’t been fixed, which is what’s annoying people.

A choke on bandwidth can take many forms. In this case I think throughput is restricted on a five or ten minute cycle. Once the limit is reached the server drops the connection or the hardware server prioritises other tasks until the next cycle.

Analysis of the fault doesn’t help, the point is it’s not been fixed for two weeks.

I’ve been going through a few threads where somebody has posted what could be called quote spam. I wondered if tatperson was using the 522 error to undertake a rudimentary denial of service attack.

It has nothing to do with bandwidth with the server itself.  You know being that it's a computer and needs to be serviced from time to time or it starts going and just needs to get replaced.   As far as the quote spamming, that has nothing to do with the issue, so please so yourself the favor and move on from it.   Far too much is going on and it's high time to step back from it all by everyone.  Stop the baiting when people aren't replying, just move on and leave things alone and let the Devs do what they will do.  Enough is enough.

Sorry to but in here, Mar, but the point is the devs are doing sod all. Gizmo pays for the server services, if he weren’t getting the service he’s paying for he’d have kicked arse on day one. Over two weeks in we can only assume that what we see IS the service Gizmo’s paying for.

Oh and btw your quote spamming does nothing to help.

Sorry to but in here, Mar, but the point is the devs are doing sod all. Gizmo pays for the server services, if he weren’t getting the service he’s paying for he’d have kicked arse on day one. Over two weeks in we can only assume that what we see IS the service Gizmo’s paying for.

Oh and btw your quote spamming does nothing to help.

Thanks for that, reporting it.

An error occured with the SQL server:

mySQL query error: INSERT INTO cache_store (`cs_array`,`cs_key`,`cs_value`,`cs_updated`,`cs_rebuild`) VALUES(1,'systemvars','a:4:{s:10:\"mail_queue\";i:8;s:13:\"task_next_run\";s:10:\"1549760400\";s:9:\"loadlimit\";s:15:\"0.23-1542024026\";s:14:\"incomingEmails\";b:0;}',1549760390,0) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE cs_array=VALUES(cs_array),cs_key=VALUES(cs_key),cs_value=VALUES(cs_value),cs_updated=VALUES(cs_updated),cs_rebuild=VALUES(cs_rebuild)

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server.

Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

Yes, for me too. Speed has returned, lag is gone and no Error 522 for two days. :D But coinciding with this “return to normal” noticed something different about forum content… the Art, Images & Movie section is no longer locked out to, "Guests", non-forum members. Wonderin if this was intentional, a glitch or mistake?   :unsure: