3DXChat Community

World Chat - Keep it free!

Xanar

Gizmo posted a screenshot earlier showing that one message in the World Chat will cost 100xGold. To prevent spam.

6vrjplW.png

This wouldn't help at all.

Here are some solutions to prevent spam. 

- Cooldown for messages

- No /me-Messages allowed

There may be more solutions.

But World Chat should remain a feature for everyone and not just the paying customers. 

To be fair, Gizmo said "spam/flame" in his original post.

I don't like either but the room event posts invariably separate regular comments so much that following a conversation is often impossible and they fill up the log so you can't scroll back very far through other messages.

Plus, I don't like the use of the /em for the sole purpose of emphasising the message through a different color. It isn't what it was intended for.

There was a system whereby you could send messages, as popups, to all friends or to everyone. I think the best thing to do is remove WC and revive the popups, at a charge, with the option for users to see/not see the popups (and differentiate between friend/everyone popups too).

To be fair, Gizmo said "spam/flame" in his original post.

I don't like either but the room event posts invariably separate regular comments so much that following a conversation is often impossible and they fill up the log so you can't scroll back very far through other messages.

Plus, I don't like the use of the /em for the sole purpose of emphasising the message through a different color. It isn't what it was intended for.

There was a system whereby you could send messages, as popups, to all friends or to everyone. I think the best thing to do is remove WC and revive the popups, at a charge, with the option for users to see/not see the popups (and differentiate between friend/everyone popups too).

I think Cordelia is very right there. Making world chat payable will only shift the problem to another chat (probably local). If Gizmo wants to earn some more money, a better idea is indeed to revive popups against a small fee for those who want to make publicity for their rooms.

And this question points to another real problem too: the number of lines that are kept in chat boxes (for scrolling back) is much too limited. An option to save these dialogs would be handy too I think.

I think 3dx needs a World Chat precisely for the spam adverts and the people who like the tone of conversation that occurs there.

You can choose to read it or keep that tab set to Local Chat.

I dont see how charging xgold for messages will result in anything other than the likelihood of the current World Chat content spilling into places where it is more intrusive.

Hands up who wants that to happen :o)

i have said many times ....Free is dead :) game needs more money to survive n bring more cool updates :)

so in order to keep the sub as it is new practices have to be implemented for developers to earn more money n thus update game :)

I'm sorry I pay the sub so I don't have to worry about paying for anything more. I do not want this place turning into a huge money grab. They keep this up soon poses will cost xgold. 

Here is a question, are there any guidelines showing how many times one can post an ad? I know CAP LOCK, insulting people, death threats and other things are not allowed. But I do not recall seeing anything about ads.

What is even the use of world chat? Else spamming, trolling, toxicity, and advertising your "COLD AS ICE SEX ROOM THAT HAS A DJ YOU NEVER KNEW AND IS HAVING SEX WHILE STREAMING RANDOM SONGS TAKEN FROM YOUTUBE OR SPOTIFY" Room. Do anyone even use it for anything "USEFUL" these days? No. Make it cost x gold, no one cares. Who want to troll and be a drama queen to go swing their credit card and buy x gold to fund the game's servers.

At least that's a reason to spend your 90.000 x gold on.

I'm sorry I pay the sub so I don't have to worry about paying for anything more. I do not want this place turning into a huge money grab. They keep this up soon poses will cost xgold. 

That's a point, could be next thing is they decide it is a good way to solve the hugs dispute, charge for hugs.

What else could they use this excuse for where some people don't like things and apply a charge or take it out of the game.

Charge for invites.

Charge for wanking.

Charge for sex poses in public places.

Oh the list goes on.

Gizmo sees money.