3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates Discussion

Gizmo

or make the "Slowing down" option that does not make us send messages 2 times in a row, and only could make us able to send a message after others 2 people, if the user would hit  "Enter" many times "make captcha" or a timer. this will slow down spamers

Who

The fuck

Chats

Freely

In wc?

I haven’t seen it, go to local or group, or pm.

Poor Gizmo literally can’t do anything to please you people. Nearly everyone complaining I never see chatting in wc. Strange.

You're an idiot :lol:

World chat transformed into a platform for advertising clubs and parties. This is good, but since there is no limit, useful information is quickly lost in spam / flame.

The idea is when messages are not free, people send fewer useless messages to World Chat. And there will be more helpful messages.

Sorry but the more I think about this charge on posting in WC I can't help but think how rediculous this place is getting.

Firstly I agree with those people that have said it will kill world chat, at least for most, serously, how many people do you think will post in WC if we have to pay to do so.

World chat use to be fun, people use to go in there creating conversations that were funny and lots of people use to join in on those conversations.

Then the trolls took over using it to feed thier egos and it became a place that most people now avoid.

And yes the spammers then came along after rooms became popular for events.

So I agree, there are big problems with world chat.

But this is most definitely not the answer.

If you do not want advertising in WC it is simple.

Ad a rule to the TOS saying no advertising in WC.

Yes some may still try to place ads in there but they will be reported.

Advertising will soon stop all together.

To do that though you will need to then introduce something that will allow people holding events to advertise those events.

Ad an events tab, one that is attached to a well worked out event scheduler where people can place decent advertisements for their events and the rest of us can then easily go see what is on, coming up and what is going to be in these events.

You could even have it so when an event is about to start it has a promotion appear automatically in WC, followed by another when it actually starts.

If you want to do something about all the drama that keeps happening in WC.

STOP BACKING THE TROLLS WITH THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE.

Edited to add...

STOP LOOKING FOR EASY TO IMPLEMENT SOLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS AND START GIVING US WELL WORKED OUT SOLUTIONS THAT WILL ACTUALLY FIX THE PROBLEM WITHOUT CREATING OTHER PROBLEMS.

Sorry but the more I think about this charge on posting in WC I can't help but think how rediculous this place is getting.

Firstly I agree with those people that have said it will kill world chat, at least for most, serously, how many people do you think will post in WC if we have to pay to do so.

World chat use to be fun, people use to go in there creating conversations that were funny and lots of people use to join in on those conversations.

Then the trolls took over using it to feed thier egos and it became a place that most people now avoid.

And yes the spammers then came along after rooms became popular for events.

So I agree, there are big problems with world chat.

But this is most definitely not the answer.

If you do not want advertising in WC it is simple.

Ad a rule to the TOS saying no advertising in WC.

Yes some may still try to place ads in there but they will be reported.

Advertising will soon stop all together.

To do that though you will need to then introduce something that will allow people holding events to advertise those events.

Ad an events tab, one that is attached to a well worked out event scheduler where people can place decent advertisements for their events and the rest of us can then easily go see what is on, coming up and what is going to be in these events.

You could even have it so when an event is about to start it has a promotion appear automatically in WC, followed by another when it actually starts.

If you want to do something about all the drama that keeps happening in WC.

STOP BACKING THE TROLLS WITH THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE.

Edited to add...

STOP LOOKING FOR EASY TO IMPLEMENT SOLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS AND START GIVING US WELL WORKED OUT SOLUTIONS THAT WILL ACTUALLY FIX THE PROBLEM WITHOUT CREATING OTHER PROBLEMS.

I actually totally agree with this, I support shutting down wc behind a paywall because I know the right solution won’t happen.

Vampixie, I might be an idiot but not in the way you think.

Yah but what is an advert? "wow I'm at an ace party here?" is that an advert?  Is "Come to my party it's going to be fun" is that an advert? Or is three lines in purple an advert?

Look, world Chat may be full of all sorts of medicated people, creeps, unpleasantness and Yalun, but lets be frank, it's a adult game. If people are so terrible then use ignore. If they say something dreadful then report them. A lot of these suggestions assume World Chat is a problem, when really it isn't.

I sort of like the idea of an advertising tab, but then people would still use World Chat too for adverts. Maybe, just maybe, a little pop up and charge people 2500 xgold to use?

Yah but what is an advert? "wow I'm at an ace party here?" is that an advert? Is "Come to my party it's going to be fun" is that an advert? Or is three lines in purple an advert?

Look, world Chat may be full of all sorts of medicated people, creeps, unpleasantness and Yalun, but lets be frank, it's a adult game. If people are so terrible then use ignore. If they say something dreadful then report them. A lot of these suggestions assume World Chat is a problem, when really it isn't.

I sort of like the idea of an advertising tab, but then people would still use World Chat too for adverts. Maybe, just maybe, a little pop up and charge people 2500 xgold to use?

I think, and it’s just my opinion. That the problem is that wc is rarely used for anything other than adverts and toxicity. Most people just stack their ignore list with wc regulars and ignore it and are fine with that. It’s what I did. That doesn’t really make it ok

Wc isn’t the problem. The lack of effective moderation here or in wc means moderation is self service. Reporting isn’t an effective control. Which is why my view is one of, until we get some actual involvement in supporting the community from the developers this is as good a solution as we’ll get to help it self regulate.

Twiggy is right it’s not the right way but we won’t get the right way.

Twiggy is right it’s not the right way but we won’t get the right way.

While I can understand what you mean here, and even to a certain extent do agree with you.

I can't help but think by thinking that way we are actually doing more harm than good.

If we keep thinking we need to settle for what we can get because the devs have shown us they don't seem to be willing to do the work required to fix things properly, then that is all we will continue to get, cheap resolves that keep making more problems for us.

We recently lost the account wide ignore and I feel that happened because of the lets settle for what we can get attitude.

And it doesn't take a lot of looking through these forums to see that has created problems, which were so obvious would be created.

How many times have people been trying to figure out who is who, and accusing people of being someone else.

I have only looked through some of the posts in these forums and seen where that has happened a couple of times.

Wasn't it obvious that making it so easy for people to be able to create new identities would have people that make their game messing with others doing so more.

And also that there would people that had been deterred away from creating new identities to mess with people because they could be found out, would now do so.

From reading some of what is written in this forum it seems like there has been people trying to figure out who trouble makers in WC really are.

Even recently in this thread people have talked about just putting people on ignore as a resolve.

So we do that, we put a person that is ego tripping in WC on ignore and the next day he or she is back with a new identity and off ignore.

Now I am not looking to start another discussion about the loss of the full ignore, more so I am pointing out another place where we were willing to settle for what we could get.

And having done so having to deal with the problems it has created.

So when I see that a proposed solution is not even close to good enough, like this one, I for one am not willing to show the devs that I am willing to settle for a band aid solution and wait for the infection to set in because we haven't treated the wound properly.

Don't you think that if the devs are able to read where so many are willing to settle for what we can get then that will always be what we will get.

That the devs will think that is all they have to do to keep us happy.

I wonder what they would think and do if we all decided to show we feel that is not good enough.

being charged to text in WC will only make things better for players experience as players will have to say stuff that matters also if someone wants to ad his/her club ...well ads cost :) and those xgold will help game .

dont forget a game that has a good income is a nice game cause everybody get payed n create stuff DEV wise .

Not to mention drama n spam will litteraly stop and even if it not stop drama will from now on support game income :)

troll money drama money they are still money that will eventually add up n give us updates .

have u noticed that last 2 months we get plenty updates ? i want this to keep happening :)

u dont want to pay to chat in WC ? ...simple make a group chat or private message :) that simple :)

being charged to text in WC will only make things better for players experience as players will have to say stuff that matters also if someone wants to ad his/her club ...well ads cost :) and those xgold will help game .

dont forget a game that has a good income is a nice game cause everybody get payed n create stuff DEV wise .

Not to mention drama n spam will litteraly stop and even if it not stop drama will from now on support game income :)

troll money drama money they are still money that will eventually add up n give us updates .

have u noticed that last 2 months we get plenty updates ? i want this to keep happening :)

u dont want to pay to chat in WC ? ...simple make a group chat or private message :) that simple :)

Really, is that how you truly see it working, that somehow it will magically make it so people only post sensibly.

My opinion is the ones that will be more willing to pay for it are the trolls who need to feed their egos.

Like haven't at least some of them already shown they are willing to pay more to do so by having multiple accounts.

I think the ones that will be more likely to stop posting are the ones that look to put innocent chat in there.

And my opinion, taken from the years of having been involved in these forums, is that no matter how much money the devs get from us, it makes no difference in the amount of work they do for us.

World chat transformed into a platform for advertising clubs and parties. This is good, but since there is no limit, useful information is quickly lost in spam / flame.

The idea is when messages are not free, people send fewer useless messages to World Chat. And there will be more helpful messages.

Hi Giz,

Maybe I have bad timing, but on the occasions I do look at WC I often see people asking for help that are met with dismissive comments or an outright attack. Being WC that everyone sees, I wonder how many newbies think, I’m not asking any questions after reading other responses.

Excessive spam is bad, but I don’t think spam is your biggest problem with WC, just saying.

Hugs and thank you for 3DXChat, it's fun. :) 

Hey Twiggy. I agree, if this goes ahead those most likely to fork-out would be trolls (and spammers), but as normal chatters would likely migrate to local chats and not chat in WC any more and trolls require a response to troll and keep going, they would be talking to no-one so they would dry up pretty fast. People have been commenting for a while that local chats are often dead so it may even boost local chat activity which people would find a good thing. Another thing to consider is that trolls can be permanently banned from a local room but not silenced in WC which is one of the reasons they use WC, they can do what they like to whoever they like with no consequences, so if the only audience they ended-up having were in local chats, they would be easier to shut-up.

Ok, what I think is likely to happen is that WC will just become full of advertising spam, people prepared to pay to have an add appear in there.

The trolls will argue amongst themselves in there for a while trying to feed their egos, trying to prove themselves to be the number one troll.

Eventually as they find they need to find pray, they will start going to local chats in popular places.

Correct me if I am wrong, but are you talking about using ignore to be able to have it so a person cannot go in your room ?

Or has there been some sort of room ban added I don't know about.

If it is the ignore, don't you think they will just delete and re create so the ignore is gone and go back in the room.

People have mentioned that we should use group and private chats and not worry about what goes on in WC.

Sorry but what is WC meant for, it is meant to be a place where no matter where we are we can go and chat with anyone logged into 3DXChat.

A place where new people can get help and information, a place where any player should be able to feel comfortable to go in and say hello to the world.

Isn't doing this going to take more of that away.

Isn't it going to be giving in to the trolls.

The big question is, what will world chat be then used for ?

If someone asks a question, how many are going to be prepared to pay to answer.

The fun conversations that use to happen often in WC happen very rarely now as it is, what will happen to them if we have to pay for each and every post we do in there.

I can also imagine how people in other games will see this, "hey did you see you now even have to pay to chat in 3DXChats main chat" it will likely be seriously laughed at.

Rockster said...

"And as I said in a previous post, some other games don't even have a world chat only local ones wherever the avatar is located and they deal with it fine, so it's not that you have to have one in the first place to run a successful chat game."

I agree. Get rid of World Chat.
Perhaps (and I say it without much thought) have a room advertising pop-up where rooms pay for placing ads (via a template) and which users can switch on and off.

Two different prices, one for friends and one for everyone.

It used to be like that (without the cost and the switch, I think).

While I can understand what you mean here, and even to a certain extent do agree with you.

I can't help but think by thinking that way we are actually doing more harm than good.

If we keep thinking we need to settle for what we can get because the devs have shown us they don't seem to be willing to do the work required to fix things properly, then that is all we will continue to get, cheap resolves that keep making more problems for us.

We recently lost the account wide ignore and I feel that happened because of the lets settle for what we can get attitude.

And it doesn't take a lot of looking through these forums to see that has created problems, which were so obvious would be created.

How many times have people been trying to figure out who is who, and accusing people of being someone else.

I have only looked through some of the posts in these forums and seen where that has happened a couple of times.

Wasn't it obvious that making it so easy for people to be able to create new identities would have people that make their game messing with others doing so more.

And also that there would people that had been deterred away from creating new identities to mess with people because they could be found out, would now do so.

From reading some of what is written in this forum it seems like there has been people trying to figure out who trouble makers in WC really are.

Even recently in this thread people have talked about just putting people on ignore as a resolve.

So we do that, we put a person that is ego tripping in WC on ignore and the next day he or she is back with a new identity and off ignore.

Now I am not looking to start another discussion about the loss of the full ignore, more so I am pointing out another place where we were willing to settle for what we could get.

And having done so having to deal with the problems it has created.

So when I see that a proposed solution is not even close to good enough, like this one, I for one am not willing to show the devs that I am willing to settle for a band aid solution and wait for the infection to set in because we haven't treated the wound properly.

Don't you think that if the devs are able to read where so many are willing to settle for what we can get then that will always be what we will get.

That the devs will think that is all they have to do to keep us happy.

I wonder what they would think and do if we all decided to show we feel that is not good enough.

I can see your point, i’ve just given up on hoping something will be done to address the problems properly. We’re 6 years in with this only being increasingly more and more sanctioned as you correctly say. So at this point anything that makes it more difficult for the small number of toxic or bullying players to set the tone for the community is better than nothing.

Without effective moderation wc is a swamp. It has moments when enough decent people are there with enough ignores in place together to have a chat but that’s rare. It’s also sad that the only way wc can be used is with that list of ignores in place. I accept that this will be needed in any game to avoid twats but wc and the forums are different, these are the public face of the community. If it was me i’d be very interested as an owner in making this an inclusive, friendly and welcoming space.

Moderation would be expensive and ongoing, changing a few settings in how the game works is cheap and one off.

I gave up on World Chat within ten minutes of first signing in for exactly the reasons in the preceding posts. While I am sure most people are like me and just ignore it there will be some who think that if the rest of 3dxChat is like that then i’ll not come back. To reply to the last post, I think that money spent on moderation is money well spent, not least that legislation is being talked about in Europe and the UK to make web-site operators more responsible for the content presented.

I remember when WC had a load of HTML in it and they blocked it why because you weren't able to see what anyone else was saying as it was so bad.  You'd have this massive list of people on ignore but that didn't make a difference so they decided to remove that ability.  Just as people wanted the constant room invites that was sent to the masses removed, they did that.  Now with WC being as it is there are a lot of people who post for their rooms but some over do it to the extreme which is what is getting a lot of people put on ignore.  I do think that there are some who actually post for their room appropriately as they give space between the times of posts even by those in their room instead of every other minute, they wait a little bit of time then post so if you're scrolling you only see their ad once maybe a second time.  I remember that it was suggested to have a advert tab much like the Roleplay tab they had, here's why I don't think that would work.  When people posted ad so much in WC people who wanted to have a normal conversation would go into the Roleplay tab to talk, those advertising rooms in WC would then go into the Roleplay chat and post there.

I'd like to make a suggestion that instead of charging to not see the room ads because if being charged for every ad we don't want to see, most don't have that kind of XGold to stop it and will that carry through every time they do it from that point on as some do it constantly.  You pay a small one time fee and be able to select those ads you don't wish to see anymore but still be able to see the person, just a little say a dot next to their name so if they post something else that's not an ad you can still see it.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/8234-upcoming-updates-2019/?p=322181
As Gizmo suggested the only problem is how will they system know what is spam and what isn't.  Not every ad looks like the one shown some are really simple and some are like wtf.  Will this be a one time fee you pay for the day or each time you log in as there are disconnect issues?  Will you be able to select what you think is spam?

Someone said about those asking technical questions and not getting the help in game or given smartass comments or replies that wouldn't help them.  There are people like me and a few others who actually do help those people in the game.  This is something I've said about before as it doesn't welcome new members or even old ones who are trying to build.   As someone new they don't always know that the forum is here and they can come here and maybe get some help from someone but even here they get the replies.

Ok ah gots an idea.

When you share your room and get to name eet maybeh we get to add a little advert or description also and maybeh a pic. Then that gets shown on tha billboard in 3DX Nightclub. Eet acts like a scrolling billboard showing all tha rooms open with some info and pic that was added bah each Host. This will also make tha Nightclub tha hub of 3DX where we all can actually go physically to check wot is on. This will generate more peeps to that place and also get peeps together. This maybeh difficult to do but ah imagine eet being really kool.

As far as WC goes, wilps if peeps are paying to post in there this will limit tha bs that goes on in there. Trolls like a big crowd to perform to and they also require everyone to hurl insults at them so they can goto war, if hardly anyone is in there for one, or not replying back then wots a troll to do, talk to them selves and their few little fans/alts?

Ah tink eets a good idea fo that reason alone.

On tha other hand people who do tha right ting and use WC fo that right reasons and follow tha rules or are after some hilps can goto WC and chat ups a storm. So eet isn't fair these peeps should lose a feature because a few LOSERS, yeah losers ruin eet because they use WC to get sum payback for a shitty life they have :P

So hopefully Gizman can use his big noggin and tink of an idea that tha majority will like. 

Give Room Hosts a platform to be seen that doesn't take away from tha game but adds something fresh and fun, penalize tha losers and reward those who follow tha rulez, eets science!

I think that is a very good idea, Allie. There is another game where there is a welcome/help centre. There are people who hang out there who are happy to answer questions and assist newbies. At the moment Night Club is usually empty. This would give it a purpose, I think.

Yips troo, eet would. That billboard is wasted, and tha Nightclub could def do with an influx of peeps or even create a help center that would incorporate a billboard and other handy info. Also those who have been in tha game a while could if they wanted to,  have a role there in guiding new peeps who would know where to go fo hilps. This would be another role peeps could take on at the 3DX Hub and even have bowls of soup fo da hungey :P

Ah can see eet all meows  :)

I don't know if it's doable or not, but maybe, instead of making world message paid, you could make that we can't post the exact same message before 5 or 10 minutes passed. This way, someone advertising for a party can send the announcement for free, then he/she can advertise the same message only lets say after 10 minutes have passed.

I don't know if it's doable or not, but maybe, instead of making world message paid, you could make that we can't post the exact same message before 5 or 10 minutes passed. This way, someone advertising for a party can send the announcement for free, then he/she can advertise the same message only lets say after 10 minutes have passed.

Could just add or delete a space or a dot or whatever so it wont be the same message anymore...sadly..