3DXChat Community

Personal Choice, TOP DJ's and their Qualities that make them TRULY Great.

TenaFoxxx

post-17781-0-85291400-1546008963_thumb.jpg

Bringing it back to topic.  If someone inspires you to do or be something, give them credit.  Everyone has a personal choice for what and who they like.  When I was younger, I met a few DJs and they blew my mind with all that goes on behind the scenes in a studio from the start to finish of a song to playing it on air, crafting a mix of different genres and such was an amazing experience at a young age for someone who loves music and the power it contains.

If you don’t get paid to do it, you do it for fun I assume? All this fake vs real DJ is pathetic, if you are having fun and people who listen are having fun who the fuck cares?

If you’re getting paid I can understand the competition. You aren’t so what you’re really bitching about is a perceived popularity thing. Grow up

The first ones who inspired me, it was long time ago when I started 3dx, so Achilles, JessicaX, Nixx, Nikki and I liked a lot Nelly too.

I couldn't make a list of my favorite ones. I tend to listen more to friends, as they play at the parties I go. Ofc, my favorite one is Lilly, cos I saw her start djing long time after me, and she became much better than I am.

If I had to pick one name, it would be Xanar, I don't always like what he plays but I do like the way he creates an atmosphere and talks at the mic.

I know also as well that there is plenty of DJ out there that I never heard and would deserve to be named too in this thread.

I will also mention CosmosCookie, as he was my partner in our 39 hours live djing in a pool party somewhere in february 2016. This looks like old times and I see now so many talented people all around that it would be hard to point specifically at one. As long as the dj likes what he/she does, and people like what he/she plays, nothing else matters.

Thank God most of you have read the first post about what THIS THREAD IS about and have redirected it from what it is NOT about. Thank you all of you , that have contributed and opened up this thread to speak about your DJ's of choice and why you love them!!! May you all continue, that have done so, and those who digress off topic, please do not post such again.

NOW today with a heart that is heavy, I post this Tribute to DJ Raeaven who with her club, Absolute, and her Brave Pioneering heart, opened her venue and gave THIS PLACE another great club to go to for AMAZING music, style and Atmosphere. I could go on and on about her. She is one who made her mark, did her own thing with the love of music and her fans firmly in mind. Generous to a fault, Flawless in her execution. I have to say she was one who I aspire to be like. Her "voicing" live on the microphone, being totally HERSELF has won her lasting fans long after she has left this place, and I FOR ONE, am richer for her example and her music.

Thank you Rae! You, like StarrFyre are Professionals and classy women behind the Avatar your REAL SELF displays. 

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DID NOT HAVE THE PRIVLEGE or EXPERIENCE, this is Rae's 3DX postings with a review of her 2018 Year End Event And below that, my own comments on her Thread stating she is leaving us. 

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/8173-rock-redux-2018-at-absolute/&do=findComment&comment=318924

With eyes that no longer see the fine print, that no longer see well as one would wish, I read this posting and thread with a very heavy heart.

Rae, I met you well over a year ago. Remember how you and I used to sit on the day beach and joke about our coffee, you and me*'trisa* used to drink our coffee's and talk about the men in our lives that drove us crazy?  And then there were those times I would come to your club and just be astounded at your amazing skill, your hypnotic Voice and your fantastic sets where you wove your spell with Metal and Classic ROCK music, Rocking us out with classics and new pieces that you found from break out artists.

Like everything you do, nothing was halfway. You always went all out, gave your ALL and your best. And your Best was just about as good as it gets, EVER.

You even came to the Underground on a regular basis to listen to the music there on Mondays and Wednesday nights, and when it was my night to DJ it made me both proud, and Nervous as heck that you were there listening to me DJ.  Why nervous? Cause I knew and know that you, someone who was truly one of the greats, had come to the club to hear music and enjoy the atmosphere our humble "family" club had created.

Yeah it makes me cry Rae. I am very sad to see yet another unique and wonderful person leave this game. But I always have felt that putting an end to one chapter of ones life, and starting a new one gave rich and varied life experiences, ones we probably really need. And when we all look back, you will be one of those, whose footprints crossed my "path", enriched my life, and left an indelible "mark" on my heart.

KEEP ON doing the GREAT stuff you do Rae. You ARE loved and you WILL be missed. REMEMBER you can always COME BACK should you feel like visiting or returning. You will Always be Welcomed.

Much admiration, love AND respect,

Sincerely, Wild Honey

Another Tribute is Posted here today. The reason is the post is about one of 3DX Original DJ's and who inspired a whole generation of men and women to venture out and do the same. There is not a more humble or genuinely "nice guy" than him. He pretty much introduced 3DX'rs to Live feed Music Streaming and Voicing, And creating musical "SETS" that people could hear and enjoy in any room they had because he provided his own 24/7 link and had created hours and hours of music that could be played anytime, anywhere.

HIS NAME? DJ ACHILLES or Chilles as he refers to himself.

I was honored to meet him quite some time ago. In fact I messaged him here in forum to ask him lots of questions as an eager NEWBIE wetbacked DJ hopeful and one who was in training. I knew only one thing. I loved MUSIC and loved to see how a great spinner or artist could move a room and inspire music lovers to come and listen and experience for themselves this interactive Medium for musical enjoyment across the board with many genre and many types of Music.

He invited me to see his RL set up after meeting and friending me. He showed me LIVE his own personal studio and played for me and showed me how it "can " be done, answering all my questions and truly focusing on everything I asked and what I was concerned about. When it as done and he logged out I was left with very few words I could even speak because I was not only moved by his artistry and Excellence in his craft, but in AWE, total AWE that he took the time to show and teach me, a Virtual Unknown, what he loved, how he did what he did, with the why he did it firmly and indelibly planted in my mind. 

Those words? AMAZING! FANFREAKINTASTIC! HOLY CRAP I WANT TO BE THAT GOOD SOMEDAY!

He didn't know me before that day. I was just some girl that posted him a personal message and asked him questions to which he went far above my request and TAUGHT me more in those hours than I could have dreamed possible.

Any of you that heard him before, or have heard him through his online 24 hour streams, know exactly what I am talking about.

And MORE than that... he remains humble, and a presence here in forum even though personally he has not had time to do events or be on the "game" as much as before.

I AM ALSO making this very incredibly unexpected yet thrilling announcement! 

Being the adventurous, hopeful and fearless newb DJ that I am, and with this topic in mind, I posted a message to Achilles, asking if he might PLEASE please come back and participate in an Event just to showcase HIM and some other great DJs who you all have mentioned you love and want to hear more of. I figured, HECK why not? And RobFrostwalker another of my inspirations and favorite DJ's said, when I had mentioned Achilles and his helping me and others in the game, said to me. "Well Wild,Well just ask him. You will never find a nicer guy. You have nothing to lose by asking."And guess what? That humble amazing GUY said YES. So in this new Year 2019 that we are about to enter, DJ Achilles will make an appearance and show us what talent he has always had with his own flare and style that impressed me and many others in the past. The date, time and length of this event is at this point, not set, But I promise you, when it is arranged and Achilles and other of your favorites have been set in the line up for this event, I WILL POST IT ASAP.

Thank you all again....for your posts about your favorite Spinners of Music and why you love them!

Sincerely, Wild Honey

My next pick here is gonna make one person a bit embarassed and maybe he may feel a need to "spank" me for doing it, but I don't care. I will not diminish the work and art you have shared and created just cause you think others deserve recognition more. My pick is RobFrostwalker, Formerly known as RobPathfinder. A true Showman, Dj, Leader and inspiration to me and many many others.

Rob is someone who has from the very beginning shown me what true SHOWMANSHIP is all about. I met him close to the time I first began with his wife, "Pandora" now named Ariel Frostwalker.

His "Events" were to say the Least, HUGE and Spectacular. Modest to a fault, he created and built rooms that frankly astounded me. And his LOVE of Heavy Metal music was so obvious. This was also obvious of his wife, the amazing woman named DJ PhrryaElysium. He met her as SexMetalBarbie, and theirs is a marriage made in METAL HEAVEN as it were. Ariel is his inpiration for all he does. That is very obvious in everything he says when he mixes or builds a room. IT  is always with her in mind. She is simply His Queen, even others call her "Queenie" and a well deserved Title it is. And he is persistant about his Metal music, so much so that he kept playing all kinds of Metal music until I found some I truly liked! (Before him I kinda hated it) *gasps* I know right? For some reason what I heard to that point I really didn't care for but with his continued "education" of my ears and music history in specifics, I learned to be what he calls "A Metal Head" :) *grins*

I could go on and on and on about Rob, his abilities, his gifts, generosity and love of his Ohana. I have been fortunate along with my husband, JasonWilde, to be counted as Rob's Family.

But let me assure you ALL, his being put here? Has ZERO to do with his personal tie with me as family, friend or loved one.

HE HAS EARNED THIS ON HIS OWN COMPLETELY!!!

His events had well over a hundred in attendance. He showcased and encouraged dozens of DJ's and Room Hosts to be part of his EVENT Series. He took a lot of flack for them but truly, He showed a great way to build the 3DX community which few others have come close to doing. He is a leader first and foremost.

He doesn't just "Talk the talk" HE WALKS THE WALK through example.

He built me a room "Wet n Wild" and gave me the initial tools to begin to Dj and then pushed, nudged, spanked and invited to set a date to begin and OPEN the club he made, and not only that it was for me, just for me to DJ in, and he  pushed me and made SURE I set a date and followed through.

*bully* :P smirks

Yeah he was insistant. He was not going to let me lapse into fear and not develop what he felt was real talent.

Thing is? HE HAS DONE THIS FOR MANY! Any time he sees talent in music OR building He does all he can to help that person learn and shine!

That is just who he is ... a warm, generous, *Hard ass* so he says, man. To me, he is Mentor, friend and a determined Leader who will push himself relentlessly to do what he feels is right to do. Uncompromising in his honesty. He says it like he sees it. 

So to you Rob, I Salute you, my Pick of some of the Best of the Best out there. 

KUDOS to you and Rob" Deal with it" I give this tribute to a truly deserving individual, YOU!

*grins* Look who is talking Pushy insistent RELENTLESS Man, Pot calling the kettle black at that *slave driver* comment. RELENTLESS you were , pushy pushy pushy. But gotta love ya Rob. You did not give up on me and made SURE to build my confidence until I had enough to go out and do it.  Even when my hands were shaking so bad I could barely type and so scared I had a hard time remembering what to do .......first few "gigs" were not the best, But you perservered with me and encouraged me still even stretched the truth telling me I did great .......*laughs cause I really did bomb badly the first few times* But you did not give up and have come out pretty much EVERY single time I dj ever since, no matter where I am or what I play. You are THERE for me. Man..... that is so amazing and such a great thing to do. Makes me very teary eyed to have such a devoted and caring Mentor.... Thank you Rob. Words fail me...... just know what is there. And never stop being who you are.

And you are welcome. Long Overdue I think and well earned. *hugs*

no its not clear cause u mention 0 stuff while i mention real life dj tecnques n lessons 

u just spout random words here n there so not clear 

when u want to say something u bring facts real applicable facts that i think u have 0 clue 

fact one :

lesson one -count music :important first basic lesson why ?

cause knowing how to count music make u able to know when a new phrase start where is the one :)so u can mix next track 

time signatures make u  able to know how to count that music  in what way for example how many beats in a bar n bar in music is a measure :)

beatmatching lesson :beatmatch by ear with lots of ppractice make u able to beatmatch 2 tracks perfectly so u not have a train wreck .its important to learn beatmatch by ear cause even thos some dj gears have sync fanction to make that job i can assure u i every day play tracks that they i know they dont get sync n results in train wreck so its important to learn do it by ear .

key mixing -phrase mixing correct time are next lessons in djing along with gear lessons 

how to use a loop to transition from one song to another next lessons :)

how to transition from one genre to another using phrase mix -loop, effects next lessons in djing :)

those are facts Mar real applicable lessons u learn as a dj  and ofc million more but those are the basics ones to get u started 

so to sum up 

ask ur selfs all mix djs here mostly EDM genres  do you know do all that live ?

if u do by all means welcome to the amazing world of mixing the music u like 

if u dont know those basic stuff ur not a mix dj yet but with a lil studdy n practice u can start be one that simple its not rocket science  only requirment is to want to do it to have passion n love music :)

good day all <3

Dear Alivia,

You reminded me about looking back to "Rock Era" definition and back through "EDM"

There were many Artists trying to create new branding to up their famous ass by adding tons of Sub Genre like the past.

I'm not a DJ but my job work for both of Theatrical business along with World Tours in Southeast Asia, mostly.

I don't want to lecture but sometimes BeatMatch that you pointed that it was the most important, It's not the most important at all.

Human is not a robot, they love variation of Music playing as well as Electronic Dance Music aka "EDM"

Nobody dance with same beats, dull melodies. The more contrast of beats with cool down time will bring them back to blast the party again.

I like dancing and I know what kind of music and beats making my ass move but I was disappointed with common Public Djs at my places.

So, I created my Dancing set to share with us. No more, no less.

I'm not schooling DJ but you're welcome to challenge with me at Mixcloud...any time.

Let see between Theory DJ and Music Entertainer who will win.

P.S. I'll not post on SoundCloud or BeatPort cause they allow only Single Track.

And VirtualDJ I couldn't do either cause I used NI Traktor controller.

My mix set are 95% Dance set including with other Genre too. Just sharing as my hobby.

I'm not looking forwarding to making a living on DJ career.

:D :D :D

3DXChat is just a small world for you if you wanted to proof that you're true.

You had 1 Streaming there, I wish there would be more.

You're welcome.

Hope to see you soon...

Thank You.

One's personal choices and likes or dislikes are just that. Personal choices. Isn't it great to be able to finally express in a forum your individual likes of DJ's who have brought you personal pleasure and played music you enjoyed? Thank you to all of you that have embraced this and put forth your personal favorites and why you liked them. Just mentioning them gives them something to look at and reflect and maybe smile because they made "someone" feel good in that moment. To those of you who ignored the original post here that stated this is NOT a thread to debate what is or is not a DJ? And also not a place for negativity? You will be blocked from now on as it takes away from the "intent" and the "purpose" of this thread. The worst offenders shall be first. If you wish to start your own thread on a different topic, for example? Feel free to do so.

I speak this with respect. I also hope more of you will speak up and tell us about your DJ's Of choice.

ALSO note: This is not a place to make or speak of personal questions that have nothing to do with this topic. For those of you that Missed it.. Here is the Original opening Post to begin this thread:

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

HI!

Welcome to my BLOG SPOT and DIARY  of what I call my PERSONAL CHOICE of DJ's I both admire, applaud and seek to be more like. I am NOT discussing NOR debating what so many have done here about what constitutes a DJ (disk jockey) nor will I debate it here unless someone goes off topic here and starts causing drama, chaos or ill will. 

And my OPINION is only that, my Personal Opinion. My Taste, My Observations. *laughs* and no, its not all about me! On the contrary. I want to use this blog to promote other DJ's *DEF NOT MYSELF!* ha Because in my own view they are truly GREAT. While I aspire to be.

******************************************************************************************************************************************* END

I ALSO ADDED THIS a Few posts down from the beginning post:

******************************************************************************************

I would also like to propose this for this Blog/Post. If any of you have DJ's you love and wish to have me & others to take a listen to,  or you want to post a tribute to them, Please do so. This is where we can talk about and acknowledge DJ's throughout 3DX that are to us, to you, EXCEPTIONAL!

**************************************************************************************************END

Thank you all for continuing this Quest to honor and Highlight, DJ's, *Room Hosts/Hostesses* and those providing a great atmosphere and place to come chat, dance, socialize and enjoy Music.

Dear Alivia,

You reminded me about looking back to "Rock Era" definition and back through "EDM"

There were many Artists trying to create new branding to up their famous ass by adding tons of Sub Genre like the past.

I'm not a DJ but my job work for both of Theatrical business along with World Tours in Southeast Asia, mostly.

I don't want to lecture but sometimes BeatMatch that you pointed that it was the most important, It's not the most important at all.

Human is not a robot, they love variation of Music playing as well as Electronic Dance Music aka "EDM"

Nobody dance with same beats, dull melodies. The more contrast of beats with cool down time will bring them back to blast the party again.

I like dancing and I know what kind of music and beats making my ass move but I was disappointed with common Public Djs at my places.

So, I created my Dancing set to share with us. No more, no less.

I'm not schooling DJ but you're welcome to challenge with me at Mixcloud...any time.

Let see between Theory DJ and Music Entertainer who will win.

P.S. I'll not post on SoundCloud or BeatPort cause they allow only Single Track.

And VirtualDJ I couldn't do either cause I used NI Traktor controller.

My mix set are 95% Dance set including with other Genre too. Just sharing as my hobby.

I'm not looking forwarding to making a living on DJ career.

:D :D :D

3DXChat is just a small world for you if you wanted to proof that you're true.

You had 1 Streaming there, I wish there would be more.

You're welcome.

Hope to see you soon...

Thank You.

sweetie a dj dont always play same bpm u can go easily from -5 to + 5  to not shock the crowed from sudden bpm difference 

u can change bpm by going to a next track that is hiher or lower using phrase mix tecknique n dropping it on the one and from lets say 120 go to 130 or more or lower 

but in order to not sock ur crowed from a sudden bpm change u need to pick a nice spot that will give about same feeling same vipe same energy n be the same key  .

About mixcloud u say i have only one set there made it when i first learning to dj 

i kinda dont like recorded sets etc so i only live mix cause it gives me maximum pleasure ,well i could recorded hundrents of my set i have done but my recording fuction is kinda broken so i never record .

i just mix on the fly cause as u said its only 3dxchat :) . i understand that others wanna play it safe n pre record their set  but not for me ,i like do it live it gives me energy ,i can feel everything at that moment n makes me happy :)

glad talking to you :)

now lets continue n let ppl honor who they like :) 

afterall we all love music :)

Last evening during the SOS Motown event, I was able to hear someone new, I hadn't heard before. His name? Handsome Devil.

He was entertaining, clear voiced and fun. His music choices were spot on for the Motown Genre and he made it personal and meaningful with dedications to his fiance Veda. I am looking forward to hearing more. ;)  :) 

As we travel round on our Honeymoon, We also heard DJ Handsome Devil at his own club   - Crater Lake Lodge (I think it as called)   Well worth a visit. 

Honeymoon27_Crater_Handsomedevil_1.jpg?w

Another worthy addition is  DJ Agony.   He plays Blues & Swing at The Blues Club & The Old House.  Two more places to check out. 

Honeymoon34The_OldHouse_Empryss1.jpg?wid

Thank you guys for entertaining us. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My next pick for A DJ to honor is ..... *drum rolls*

MacyD or as we call her, Macylicious!

If you love country western music? This is the DJ to check out. While she is shy about her southern accent and doesn't voice, she provides gracious and welcoming nature and style that many love to engage and come dance to her music selections. She is fun, cute, sexy and all around good natured.  Loved by many, she is hard to beat in terms of her hostessing and bringing in people to chat and dance the night away.

She is not limited to Country Western music either. She plays a good variety of songs from various Genre. She appears in her own room from time to time and has on occasion been DJ for the Underground, hosted by Downriverden. Come check her out April 10th, that is  next Wednesday night there at 7 to 10 pm EST. If you love good music you will be glad you did!!

I can't for the life of me download or make DJ software work so I thank anyone willing to play for us....BUT most have become Egomaniacs and ya need to get over yourselves. I asked Starr 3 years ago to play "Thunder n Rock" by FIST, an obscure 1983 Rock band and she said up in a few:...Love you Steph your amazing. 

• 1 month later...

DJ Shovel  -  Top Class -  Good Friend.

The sad passing of a great DJ who will be sadly missed,

2CxTmbU.jpg

I knew ShovelHead but as an online friend only, though some of our chats did spill over to real life and we shared our hopes, our dreams, funny anecdotes on life and our frustrations.

He was known as Jersey, and I came to know him through B my wife who was close to him. I was drawn to his personality without ever seeing his face.

His loved his Italian background and would very often tease us about his Soprano possibilities and sayings

He shared the funny songs like: Lou Monte - Che La Luna Mezzo Mare - that he and his Mom would sing together.

His often spoke and played tunes of his love of blues and classic rock music and of course his cars.

We became close, surprisingly, even though we never met in person and had no plans to ever do so.

He was a fun guy, making us, his online friends, cry with laughter and we enjoyed his online company daily. He was and always will be highly regarded as our friend and favourite DJ, sharing his music on a stream and his time.

His cheerful good mornings and sweet dream messages before bedtime were a common daily well wish.

He was always there to help, always there to banter with and always there to cheer us up.

My friend, Jersey, has left a big hole in my online life. He is and always will be in our hearts.

To his family and friends, online and real life.

It will be the little things that you will remember,
the quiet moments, the smiles, the laughter.
And although it may seem hard right now, it will be the memories of these little things
that help to push away the pain and bring the smiles back again.

Fuhgetboutit.
VR. (From the UK)