3DXChat Community

Personal Choice, TOP DJ's and their Qualities that make them TRULY Great.

TenaFoxxx

Well Shock, established as in other people had already heard you dj, had recommended that I hear you and they liked what you DJed. Ice, Lisa, Wild, Trena, Sherry and Aliva, I was there for their first, second or third attempt at DJing. So accept the fact that people told me you were great and I agreed thus established. 

*smiles* Cheer up Lisa! This thread is not ending today or next week or next month. its an ongoing thing to help others come to know the names and faces of DJ's in our community and to give our community members a chance to mention and put forth names of those they like! Its all good!

I stopped DJing in game.  You hear far to much that you inspire someone then turn around and never hear your name mentioned by those very people who say you had.  I was inspired by DJs outside the game from many years ago.  I don't care to beat someone else with DJing, having so many in a room because when I DJ I do it because I love music as it makes me feel good so my thought is fuck the rest of the bullshit.  So as I build I put on my stream or play the music I have and block out the rest of the shit.  Hell I was even mocked at one event I DJ'd at and you know what the sad thing is I'd never do that to another DJ in the room itself.  I may say something to a friend but never in the room.  It's just fucked up to do that and kills the mood of those in the room.  As far as I'm concerned there's to much ass kissing to make someone feel good about DJing then turn around and stab them in the back by talking shit on that very person.  There isn't anyone that DJ's on here that I think is better than someone else.

Hmm.. I do not stab people in the back, I do it in the front. If I do not like someone, I say it to them. I have had mockery by friends of the DJ playing after me at a party, I also had more people during my session and the DJ's own gf say out loud what others were thinking, that night only night we played together, I was better and live. I had hecklers who had a bad day at home so they felt with their membership to the game, they could tell me what I should play, that heckler was drunk depressed and is my friend, I pmed her and talked during my session and after hoping to help her out of her depression. I stopped Djing because I love the current djs, and when some of my favorites play, new and old, I love being there as a fan. The drama i had from friends of a DJ, that shit happens a lot and some wise hosts and hostess try to stop that type of bulling. Thing is we decide when we stop djing, if we let others decide well, that is our fault for listening to them. I mean it is a sex game what can they do, CAP LOCK, that is scary <_<, start rumors, truth always comes out in time, claim a guy is a girl or a girl a guy, should it matter? Only time shit like this should matter is if you start dating or the bed room if not judge a person by who they are not what they are, because no one really knows. As for ass kissing, only in the bed room, because some ass you gotta pucker up and put your lips there.  :wub:  Encouragement is not ass kissing but I tend to encourage in pms or group, on here minus the names I forgot (Jessica, Desiree, and BackFire,  few I recalled later on :unsure: now, my bad.

As for the many DJs out there not mentioned, if you like mention them. It is not rocket science in mentioning the name of a DJ someone likes.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

It wasn't directed at you Rob as it was a general statement. When I read this thread, I call it like I see it both on this very thread and in game.  Why I wrote what I had is because as you know from our conversation, I wasn't DJing when I returned but you has asked me to for the one event, heard my voice drops I used and yes, I even spoke as well, you then asked if I would do voice drops for you which others after hearing my set that night, did the same.  When I did, I had several people come to me asking me for help, telling me I inspired them to either be a better DJ or become a DJ, helped others who weren't sure how to do something.  So yes, taking time out of my day to help them do it wasn't a second thought for me as I know what it's like to have to sort it out.  With this thread, the posters within it and in game, is exactly why I spoke up because they say that to those that have inspired or helped them and never give them credit for it which is fucked up.  Think about it this way, when that person who's helped you sees what you write, do you think they're going to want to help someone else, fuck no because you've just killed any thought they had to help someone else because you couldn't even take a moment to mention them for their help.

With IMHO, the best DJ here are Ashbash (aka MrAsh), Archilles (DJChilles & Chilles), Nikki aka MissyB, DJMegalon, DJ Isouki, Myszka, DJ Jessicax and Chloe B and more...

Those I mentioned, some of them were Pioneer DJ of this game before I turned myself being a sloppy DJ at NC for awhile :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've listened and learned a lot of being DJ on Internet streaming and got good tips from them. I'm not DJ but I'm good entertainer with pack of music background.

I started do my own mix on Mixcloud around late of 2015 and keep going on with help & support from above Djs until today.

What I would like to say is about so called "DJ" should have their own mix set, made by themselves. Not copy from other people and claimed being their own.

I mean straight presentation set for the whole +1 hour party by making your own. 3DXChat is a small world of DJ presentation (unless you're Jukebox DJ).

The easiest way to proof that you own your original set is publishing to Music Community like VirtualDJ Radio, Soundcloud, Mixcloud, Beatport and etc.

There are tons of snitches to report if it was genuine or fake mix set there.

Please don't let small cubicle in - game Party Room fooling you with Fake DJs.

Thank you,

With IMHO, the best DJ here are Ashbash (aka MrAsh), Archilles (DJChilles & Chilles), Nikki aka MissyB, DJMegalon, DJ Isouki, Myszka, DJ Jessicax and Chloe B and more...

Those I mentioned, some of them were Pioneer DJ of this game before I turned myself being a sloppy DJ at NC for awhile :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've listened and learned a lot of being DJ on Internet streaming and got good tips from them. I'm not DJ but I'm good entertainer with pack of music background.

I started do my own mix on Mixcloud around late of 2015 and keep going on with help & support from above Djs until today.

What I would like to say is about so called "DJ" should have their own mix set, made by themselves. Not copy from other people and claimed being their own.

I mean straight presentation set for the whole +1 hour party by making your own. 3DXChat is a small world of DJ presentation (unless you're Jukebox DJ).

The easiest way to proof that you own your original set is publishing to Music Community like VirtualDJ Radio, Soundcloud, Mixcloud, Beatport and etc.

There are tons of snitches to report if it was genuine or fake mix set there.

Please don't let small cubicle in - game Party Room fooling you with Fake DJs.

Thank you,

to further enchance ur post 

a dj should know how to count music so he/she can mix beatmatching -phrase mix time signatures -music keys and many other i wont mention so to keep it simple 

if you dont know those stuff n u read this thread now ur not a dj :) record djs arent djs also cause simply u can try make a set by trying a millions time since its recorded n not live 

a true live dj do that in live performance thus called a dj 

we are very few in the game that we mix live :) but who cares :) we do it for us 

in second life when i was djing for clubs to take u n dj they gave u 5 tracks n tell you what to play in which order n when to mix the next track so u cant fool them here is another storry 

doing all the above mentioned on the fly this is a dj 

press play button n play a whole list aint djing but can be called streaming and aint bad at all .

but let us not be harsh this thread is about our friends we like playing so everything can be considered irrelevant :)

a dj should know how to count music so he/she can mix beatmatching -phrase mix time signatures -music keys and many other i wont mention so to keep it simple 

if you dont know those stuff n u read this thread now ur not a dj :) record djs arent djs also cause simply u can try make a set by trying a millions time since its recorded n not live 

we are very few in the game that we mix live :) but who cares :) we do it for us 

in second life when i was djing for clubs to take u n dj they gave u 5 tracks n tell you what to play in which order n when to mix the next track so u cant fool them here is another storry 

press play button n play a whole list aint djing but can be called streaming and aint bad at all .

but let us not be harsh this thread is about our friends we like playing so everything can be considered irrelevant :)

So you're saying that anyone that claims to be a DJ really isn't unless they meet what you've stated.  So I'm guessing that DJs that speak on air and play tracks just as they are and don't mix the songs they play aren't a DJ.  That really cracks me up because that means you've just called every DJ that makes a living off doing that such as, your local radio station DJ, isn't one.  Then you turn around after saying they aren't DJs to say it's all about our friends so it should be irrelevant.

That's why I wrote my initial comment.  That is exactly what I'm talking about.

You are 100% wrong on this theory, I am going to give the benefit of the doubt it is a language barrier thing and you have no access to how the term "DJ" translates to your language.

It is true a DJ can also be a remixer, a musical artist or even a record producer, but all it literally takes to be a DJ is to play music for other people. No more no less.

Gotta respectfully disagree with you there Alivia, and I had to say that your view there is a prevailing problem in 3DX.

The Elitism of 'True DJ's' versus those that play music.

I don't use a microphone, and let my VDJ software do the fades for me because for me the MOST important thing is not HOW I do something.

It's what my 'performance' makes the people feel, do my music selections make them feel good? Do my jokes, announcements and general engagement with the crowd make them decide to stay in the room?

That is what makes a good DJ in my view.

And now to the topic at hand.

If I had to list my fave DJ's it would be a short list.

Stellania has top billing, mostly because she's been the one that taught me how to Spin my tunes.

Second place goes to DJ StarFyrre, if there ever was a true Miss 3DX performer, it's her. She is awesome beyond words.

Third place is hard to pin down really, reckon that it becomes a shared third place for a few folks.

Shocktop when on the top of his game, brings a lot of bouncy energy to the table. WildHoney is just sweet like her namesake. my Friend Snick always brings the fun with her off the wall selections of just 'odd' songs. And the list could go on and on.

End of the line, just have FUN and bring joy to others in your events and rooms.

Peace out!

I will add also to what Derai said :

Some styles of music are more prone to being MIXED or beatmatched than others. I've heard many of you in the various "Dance" styles do quite the awesome job! Kudos to all of you for that. No way I could do that!

Would I be a good judge to determine what makes a good DJ in the "Dance" styles .. nope. Definitely not my background but, I've been doing this for a very long time and can easily recognize talent when i see it .. in my musical style.

Based on a few criterias like : Room Reading, Room Interaction, Sound Quality, Music Selection and keeping to my musical styles : ROCK, HARD ROCK, METAL and all the "Core" genres. I would have to say my favorites in no particular order are :

Raevaen, Derai, Starrfyre, Shay

If we bottom line it .. There are various styles of DJ's, some that please us more than others, and that's the beauty of it.

I don't consider myself a DJ, I'm a "HOST", that's how the business has defined what I've been doing since 2003 on both professional and hobbyist levels.

Sometimes, for the good reasons, you all want me to bring out the boom mics, mic preamps and mixers out and do a 48 hour marathon with the lot of you!

Good thread! Good idea!

Keep on "Rockin'" :D

Wilps welcome to 3DX LOL

Builders are in tha same boat, we have builders that build everyting in their rooms and then we have builders that borrow or steal others creations fo their own.

Same kind of analogy fo DJs. Peeps can cheat they will.

There are different kinds of DJs. We have tha Classic DJs. This is where eet all started, these DJs aren't about keeping tha steady "Flow" of music required in "Dance" Music eg Raves.

These DJs are like your radio DJs, they add their personality into tha mix, Song selection is important, even Requests from tha audience, shoutouts etc. They are a cross between a DJ and an MC. Ive heard a few here and they are excellent at what they do. Tha people who goto where they are playing always have a good time and feel connected to tha DJ and tha music they are playing and generally their audience are Rock fans, Classic Rock, Love songs/Ballads and what some would call "real" music.

I myself do not usually frequent these types of events or DJs because they are not mah particular taste, but ah have been to a few and seen/heard a handful of these types of DJs and they are infact DJs, Real Djs who are tha Classic kind and make a lot of peeps here very Happy.

Tha other type of DJ is tha Modern DJ, they usually play Dance Music, Techno, House, DnB and gawd forbid EDM, *Barfs* :P

Tha skillset is different, smooth transitions between toons and no talking generally,  a constant flow of moosak to dance to. We all know this.

Mixed into both of these groups are obviously different ways to sell tha same experience.

Streamers they play a pre recorded Mix, whether made bah them selves previously or D/led off tha interwebs, YouTube or some where else.

AutoMix Players, they have a selection of individual Trax they play one afta tha other but eets automix, their player does eet fo them, fades out and fades in. Youll generally hear that one song plays to eets entirety and then another begins.

ManualMix Players, these DJs are like tha AutoMix DJs except Automix is turned OFF. They Mix manually, choosing when to mix in tha next toon and how, there are many ways to do this and you can be creative as you like through this process with effects, scratching etc etc etc etc.

Meows like Building here we all can relate tha DJing side to tha Building side, some peeps build elaborate rooms all with their own skills and then eet goes down tha line to tha Streamer Builders like in DJing.

Whos tha real DJ among all them you decide, but above all else eets Song Choice that is most importants, any DJ without tha experience needs to learn this like mahslef who is just starting on this adventure and tha best DJs know how to do this and keep tha Crowds Energy where they want eet or where tha Crowd wants to be taken.

OFC this is mah own opinion on tha matter, im no expert DJ, this is a crossover fo me from Music Production ah have been doing fo over7 years and some of eet relates.

Real DJ? Wilps Real DJs are playing in Real Clubs if you want to define "Real" what we have in this game is peeps who are either "real" DJs who DJ here also, peeps hoo are passionate about DJing and learning their skillz here or DJs that want to "Pose" fo tha attention, what eva ya are who cares, have fun and always try to get better at wot ya do fo yourself and no one else then bring that to tha Party and Blow Peeps sox off WoooooHooooooo.

<3

On a sidenote, mah views don't mean to put anyone down, ah know we are all different, wif different skillz and interests and we do tings in varied ways and we all can be elitist when eet comes to "our" hobbies, interests etc, ah mahself do this and ah just want ta say eet isn't personal. :)

well im sorry but thats what a dj should know in this era we live 

surely there are different kinds of djs but all those djs should know the stuff i mentioned .

it might seem that the stuff i said apply more to mixing djs but doesnt change the fact that u should know to do those stuff.

1st comes the knowlage then the actual experience in real life applications (djing in club etc)

but a dj that knows all that stuff is ready to dj anywhere n everywhere.

dont get me wrong this is 3dxchat so lets not beat our selfs in this i only mentioned what djs learn in order to dj 

and the first thing a dj learns is to know how to count the music knowing how to count music allows you to know where to mix not know that means u cant mix cause you dont know when a pharse starts so u can mix on a new phrase and yes might seem that has a lil mathematics at the start but only for a lil while then it becomes part of you .

Anyway have fun practice n enjoy :)

They need to know that and more, hate to break it to you but you have to know more than just that and stating that you didn't want to get fully into it but they should at least know that to be considered a DJ.  Not only have you insulted some of the very DJs in this thread but those in the game as well and that includes SecondLife since you brought that into this forum.  You started out once and you're still learning, sweetheart so please don't act as it you know all that it takes.  Again, please do some serious research on the matter.

They need to know that and more, hate to break it to you but you have to know more than just that and stating that you didn't want to get fully into it but they should at least know that to be considered a DJ.  Not only have you insulted some of the very DJs in this thread but those in the game as well and that includes SecondLife since you brought that into this forum.  You started out once and you're still learning, sweetheart so please don't act as it you know all that it takes.  Again, please do some serious research on the matter.

sweetie i can always elaborate all the things a dj learns n do in this era i mentioned the most basic stuff a dj has to learn in order to dj the right way 

and most djs here dont know those basic stuff i mentioned so there is no need to go more complex n mention more :)

lemme say this surely eock etc djs dont do the work a mix dj do but rock djs also need to know all that stuff .

in rock music that songs are made mostly by a band is hard to beatmatch cause u have to deal with human for example if u ask the human hold a 100 bpm he will start on 100 maybe finish on 100 bmp but in the one hour course we will have a slight difference in bpm cause we dont deal with a drumm machine or whateve to have constant 100 bpm . thus is hard to beatmatch but its not impossible :) the way rock djs bring the second track so they cant go wrong is count the music in their mind of the song playing n bring the next song in correct key n correct phrase so it sound cool so the said rock dj should know to recognise when a phrase starts n to know that said dj has to know how to count music .

thats a lil example for you 

playing one song n that song finish n next start sorry but is not djing its streaming its just playing music n there is nothing wrong with that if ppl enjoy the tunes .

so again rock djs should also know basic stuff 

You crack me up.  You still have so much to learn about being a DJ to even open your mouth and sit here and say what a DJ should and should not do or what a DJ is is or isn't capable of.  You've sat in this thread and insulted DJs in this very thread and those in game past and present.  Again, do some research because it is a hell of a lot more than the simple basics you posted here even the example to DJ the right way, let's not forget to do it the right way also means legally.

You crack me up.  You still have so much to learn about being a DJ to even open your mouth and sit here and say what a DJ should and should not do or what a DJ is is or isn't capable of.  You've sat in this thread and insulted DJs in this very thread and those in game past and present.  Again, do some research because it is a hell of a lot more than the simple basics you posted here even the example to DJ the right way, let's not forget to do it the right way also means legally.

sorry sweetie to break it to you or whatever but when u start djing you learn what i have mention above .no exceptions lol its the alphabet of a dj lol

about insults u say lol wth u smoke i havent mention anyone i just say that if u dont know those starter basic stuff u dont dj 

its like try to write a letter without first learn the alphabet lol get serious mar .

ppl can always play music etc in different ways be it radio djs or other styles etc 

but there is only the right way to learn be it u learn by ur self or have a teacher u come to the conclusion sooner or later that in order to MIX u need to know what i have mentioned 

ill say again cause its important IN ORDER TO MIX  HOPE THAT CLARIFIES WHAT I SAY 

dont get me wrong im not perfect my self i still learn from my dj teacher 

sometimes when i mix 3-4 songs same time so u hear 3-4 songs play together using parts from each track i might do some mistakes lol and thats why i love the live mixing cause i feel on edge i feel all the energy cause i have only one chance to pull that out 

Again do some research.  Try reading over your very comments in this thread about DJing as you have insulted others.  I didn't smoke anything nor have I even had anything to drink.  I love when someone tries to say about what it takes to DJ but doesn't actually know all that it takes then insults the very DJs in this thread along with those in game past and present with what they say.  I won't waste the space to quote you on it but do take the time to reread your posts.  Mixing isn't the only thing that makes you a DJ and it certainly isn't the first thing you have to know to DJ.  I guess the equipment and/or software (not hacked or keygen) that you need to buy to use, the music you have to buy not download or pirate to play but actually buy everything, learn how to use the equipment and/or software, then you go on from there.  As I said, do some research because MIXING isn't the first thing, not even close.

As you've added you're still learning from a DJ Teacher, then if that's what they're telling you then they need to do some research.

Again do some research.  Try reading over your very comments in this thread about DJing as you have insulted others.  I didn't smoke anything nor have I even had anything to drink.  I love when someone tries to say about what it takes to DJ but doesn't actually know all that it takes then insults the very DJs in this thread along with those in game past and present with what they say.  I won't waste the space to quote you on it but do take the time to reread your posts.  Mixing isn't the only thing that makes you a DJ and it certainly isn't the first thing you have to know to DJ.  I guess the equipment and/or software (not hacked or keygen) that you need to buy to use, the music you have to buy not download or pirate to play but actually buy everything, learn how to use the equipment and/or software, then you go on from there.  As I said, do some research because MIXING isn't the first thing, not even close.

As you've added you're still learning from a DJ Teacher, then if that's what they're telling you then they need to do some research.

Lol ur funny mar 

but doesnt change the fact that u need to learn the alphabet before start texting  :D 

and the dj Alphabet is know how to count music first n foremost :) its the first lesson for a dj ....i dont invent this progress its how djs work lol 

look radio djs might not need learn to that cause they play a song talk a lil n drop another song 

thats why i said in order to mix 

Just give up, you don't have a full understanding as you said you're still learning.  Once you've learned come talk to me.  You have this I know it all attitude and you fully don't.  When someone tries to tell you something this is what you do, act as though they don't have a clue yet they've been doing it for a hell of a lot longer than you and know all aspects of what it takes to be a DJ.  Just like your other threads about donations, to get a room from you so giving a penny for a donation entitles them to the room but you expect more for it, see what I'm saying.  No matter how many times people told you that you're charging for the rooms you claim it's a donation.  So yes sweetheart, you have so much to learn, so please don't try to school someone who knows what the fuck they're talking about.  DJing involves more than just mixing, but you know that right? I'm guessing not as you seem so stuck on the mixing you can't see past what you're being told.