3DXChat Community

Fixing lag in 3DXChat

Norfolk N Waye

Since the 380 upgrade came out in the end of November, myself and many members have had some serious problems with lag in the game. This is apparent in very crowded rooms but also in less crowded places. I was experiencing problems with logging on, rooms taking a long time to load and especially profiles and galleries taking time to open or not opening at all. I naturally assumed that it was caused by the servers or traffic but when everybody else wasn't experiencing lag, I had to look for another answer.

The first was to shut down, what we used to call TSRs (Terminate Stay Resident) programs that run in the background even when they aren't being used.As that's been dealt with in other posts, I won't go into that again.

After a lot of searching with little or no success, I thought it must be my OS or more likely the amount of RAM I'm using.

I'm still using Windows 7, which still suits my purpose. If it works don't fix it!

So for anybody using Win 7 and having lagging problems, try this.

Windows 7, when it is installed sets the usable RAM to 2 gigs max!

I have 8 gigs but Windows wasn't told to use the remaining 6.

To change that I had to 1) Open the Start menu and type in msconfig in the Search box.

2) Open the System Configuration window, click Advanced Options on the Boot tab.

3)Check the Maximum Memory box then OK.

4) Restart the computer.