3DXChat Community

TeamSpeak

NIKON

TeamSpeak thankfully is not very application specific. It runs in the background so is not reliant on anything from 3DX to work. It is more a case of how many Clients you want on the TeamSpeak server and how you configure it.

I have a 60 Player Teamspeak server that my Guild uses for World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, League of Legends, DoTA2, MW Online and a few other titles and its bandwidth usage is absolutely minimal so I do not see it affecting anything on 3DX in any way either so you should be fine to use it without any adverse load on your internet connection.

You can also try Mumble if you really want to. 

Mumble is better, lower latency and the greater ability to run your own. I run/administrate a few 100 slot mumbles on one of my dedis, while if you want to host your own TeamSpeak it's limited to 32 slots.

In regards to voice chatting with people here, I've skyped with a few people, and used Steam Voice once or twice (not my choice). Unlike with other games where I'll easily hop on someones voice comms, I probably wouldn't here unless I knew them very well and the access to it was limited. 

Guest Eddster

I've used all of them. They all work just fine with 3DX and any other game. As for preference? Skype just because the voice quality is unmatched.

Latency for 3dxchat... I mean I am all about the best product... but serious, if I ever get latency problem to the point I can't cyber or chat. 

Skype is a very viable option and I use it everyday. 

Like pretty much Ventrilo, Teamspeak or Mumble. 

I wouldn't say the same thing if we were in the middle of a wardeck in Eve Online or some competitive first shooter... but for 3dxchat the choice is plenty and at the end it really a matter of personal preference and usability.

Latency for 3dxchat... I mean I am all about the best product... but serious, if I ever get latency problem to the point I can't cyber or chat. 

Skype is a very viable option and I use it everyday. 

Like pretty much Ventrilo, Teamspeak or Mumble. 

I wouldn't say the same thing if we were in the middle of a wardeck in Eve Online or some competitive first shooter... but for 3dxchat the choice is plenty and at the end it really a matter of personal preference and usability.

When speaking in regards to latency in the previous posts, it's about the latency on the voice communication. There are delays with every voice comm, in which Mumble has been built specifically around lowest latency communication while still having high quality.

Any voice app can be used with 3DX and I tend to use Skype for it, but when it comes down to what is the best and will sound the best, it is Mumble. Skype is archaic in its quality and bandwidth usage, but has been adopted as the standard for communication among those that don't require/want low latency and high quality communications.

Just wanna troll a fellow Eve Online player and ask what a wardec is..... Ahhhhh!!!! that's right that's a high sec  operation where u pay concord to kill noobs.... Cheers mate!!!! As is he is right who gives a fck about any kinda comms if u don't have a 100 targets to call primaries on... Cheers again mate!!!!! 07

Guest Eddster

I find mumble to not sound as crisp. About the same as Ventrilo. Of course it serves it's purpose for large guilds and bigger gaming service needs. But honestly, Skype takes up all that bandwidth for a reason. For better codecs.  :P

To each their own is all I can say about that. I'm gonna take a stab and say he's not going to be raiding the Night Club with 40 people. God, that would be weird. lol

All you can do really is try them all. Pick the one you like. Call it a day. Voice communication programs are like choosing the best anti virus.

Another two. Raidcall and Razer Comms.

Guest Eddster

I don't need to read about latency to tell an opinion about what my ears are hearing. The simple test is, to bring up each program and listen. One sounds better than the other. Every time Skype wins that battle, like I said. For myself.

and here's your troll response since that's what we are fishing for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk

http://silk.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opus_(comic_strip)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celts

*Waves an EVE flag* I've always used Skype for chatting with a few friends, for bigger stuff it's always been Teamspeak or Mumble, from my experience they both handle 1000-2000 people on the same server pretty well, talking shit and welping fleets. But I don't know anything about the technicalities \o/