3DXChat Community

Going "AFK"?

Doc

Is there a way in game to show yourself as "AFK" - away from keyboard?  Sometimes I like to just have the game on with the music and dancing in the background while I do other things.  I don't want to seem like I'm ignoring guys when they send a chat message.

How about setting an AFK picture as your profile picture at that moment.. You could do that or write it in your profile

I have seen "sit 2" used as an AFK position, however it would be really simple for Gizmo to add an AFK sit placard .... "sit 2" position with an AFK sign. :)

I often thought such would be handy if the host/ess of a shared room could have such a figure so it doesn't seem as if he/she is ignorant when guests speak to him or her.

I879QZM.png

I got a feeling people think I am Clone, anyways I used to have a picture with AFK, I have seen others put AFK as locations, as Sputnik put, sitting pose two works great. Some just lay on a sofa or bed or my fav, sit on a chair. But a simple apology to those who pmed you and did not get a reply does work wonder if they are people you hope to keep in good terms. 

What is the point to go afk when playing.... so easy to disconnect and connect again....

As I said in the first post on this I made, I sometimes keep the game on in the background for the music, dancing, etc.  I bounce between doing other things, laundry, chores, etc. and the game sometimes. Yes logging in and out is easy, but as I said I like the "3DFX Chat ambiance" so I tend to leave it running.  Thanks to all the suggestions.  Seems the profile pic is a good idea.

Point is that in 3dxchat, there's nothing that gives you the possibility to express your status:

- online,

- offline,

- busy,

- dancing,

- hiding,

- available,

- afk, ...

Of course, you can 'hide' in the closet and communicate by other means, like your profile or the forum or twitter or email, but you'll never know if people read it or not. So it's not really a good solution.

I consider it a bug in this game... and I don't give a shit what RobT thinks about it.

CU,

Layla

Many players don't read profiles. The best way would be to color the name of the player differently (red, for example) in the game world and in chat if the player sets the status as AFK. Not to mention that AFK is different from being offline. AFK should be easy to set, like have a toggle in the chat window. Plan to go AFK for a minute or two? Toggle that, and your name will turn red everywhere, so those having a conversation with you right then can understand why you are suddenly non-responsive.

Is there a way in game to show yourself as "AFK" - away from keyboard?  Sometimes I like to just have the game on with the music and dancing in the background while I do other things.  I don't want to seem like I'm ignoring guys when they send a chat message.

There isn't directly any way to show you're AFK, usually what I do is have gallery picture with AFK on it which I switch over to hoping some will see it when messaging me. Ofcause it's not 100% sure way of letting people know, but probably most noticeable option we have currently right now.

rooms

Thoose that dont bother to read your profile do not need to know you AFK either!

I agree Nikki...with all of the "cold invite" rooms opening up no one bothers with the courtesy of reading a profile. if I am afk then I am afk I don't need to let anyone know with some code or bracelets

A

Thus might be funny to see an AFK tag above the head: When you enter Sin, you see 55 people and 50 have the AFK Tag above their head lol.

Maybe people should just stop logging into 3DX then tab out and play Fortnite or other... If I go AFK for more like 30 minutes I usually just log out, and nothing is so important in this game that it cant wait 10 or 20 minutes really :P