3DXChat Community

Spin the bottle Script added to World Editor

THX

I guess this is the section for it as it is a more technical question. Since the Spin The Bottle script/animation already exists, can it be added as an option to World Editor?

Could a version perhaps exist where you added a prop or group of props instead of the bottle?

Example: needle prop for a spinner, a spinable Ferris Wheel if script placed at 90 degrees to ground?

A spinnable Bingo Wheel, Roulette Wheel?

Can speed control be added to the rotation easily so in some uses, object constantly spins?

Ex. The new mountain terrain spinning slowly would give the sense of motion to say a stationary boat off its coast as if it was sailing.

I think the editor should go a bit further and just allow us to set paths for some objects, like have a plane fly in the air or a boat sail around an island. Also allow spheres to be defined as balls would be nice, to kick them around, and specify some characteristics like weight. This way you could make many things from beach balls to soap bubbles. This would require some digging in the code, though, and In don't think 3dx is willing to go down that route.

• 3 weeks later...

I would actually fully support this whole idea. I like the saloon-door animation in the Texas-Saloon.

Furthermore proper waterfalls would be awesome, since classic steam is a lag-maschine.

And yes, of course Spin-The-Bottle would be cool to have as well.

Despite the fact that the devs put more and more time into extending the world editor, as well as asking us if we want to have a pose-editor and a cloth editor, I believe that it shouldn't be a problem.

You want us to build our own game? Sure! But then give us the tools, a 64-bit client and the proper coding to do so.

The thing I still desire most in the editor is a "sculpt"-feature.

But this is just a single cry in the large 3DX-Community =)