3DXChat Community

Keeping shared world open despite logout

SuzyShine

My opinion is that if its possible to keep a room open, but only by switching the host many people wont do it, because of ego's mostly just look at how many people complained about rooms being stolen for example. I think it would only really make sense for rooms that have a purpose other then just being a location for a party or some event.

If i may, is there a possible way of having a bot for 24 hours, say give it a cost of 600 golds, so people can have a room open for 24 hours with access to the bot's radio link. That would mean that the room should not crash and gives the people knowledge that the room will be open for 24 hours. The problem i see is with rooms being stolen and a bot like this well one can imagine the issues right there. 

im going to steal them all and sell on the dark web for one bit coin  each.

Damn it Clone, separate the contents then sell them on the dark web and Ebay so that Amazon can contact you and try to resell what you sell or steal what you steal. It will have a trickle down effect otherwise known as pissing down someone's back. We will as usual blame the one armed man.   :ph34r:

Personally, I'd like to see a room be able to stay open indefinitely for free and rooms be on the 3DX servers so they don't crash. I think this feature of older worlds is a really good one.  As someone else said, it's becoming a micro economy.  If 3DX doesn't intend on putting them on their servers, then I'd support  a delay long enough to cover if a PC crashes, has to be rebooted and the time required to log back in. At least 10 mins just to be sure. Maybe a bit more.

If There was work done in whatever approach was taken, would that include the ability to administrate the room? add designees with the ability to kick?

I keep forgetting for the kick option.. can we also get a kick pose? Give Clone a kick every now and then, you know, he'll get a kick out of it. :D

On a serious note, more control of who has to go from the room owner is really needed, not just due to players making an ass out of themselves, but due to some well falling asleep.

I keep forgetting for the kick option.. can we also get a kick pose? Give Clone a kick every now and then, you know, he'll get a kick out of it. :D

On a serious note, more control of who has to go from the room owner is really needed, not just due to players making an ass out of themselves, but due to some well falling asleep.

IMO, keeping rooms open is lower on the list of importance than the ability to administrate ones property effectively. But important, don't get me wrong.

I'm sure Gizmo could add a disconnect delay of 10, 15, 20 mins in less than an hour. Best case scenario is properties are directly on the server and never crash.

The 3dX properties being open 24/7, older worlds can do it, 3DX can do it.

Good idea. I want to know what do you think about it guys?

Hi Gizmo!

I think it's a great idea to leave a room open after the owner leaves. I've seen many people in a room that closed stop having there fun because the owner had to leave which isn't good for anyone.

I would think it doesn't even have to stay open forever. Maybe even just an automatic warning that the owner has left showing an amount of time the room will remain open.

Anything would be better than sudden "Where did everyone go?" LOL

It is so awesome that so many people are discussing my request! But I have to to clarify it a little bit more ...

It's not about keeping every run-off-the-hill room open. It's about building up establishments - be it party venue or a sex establishment - whose accessibility should be secured with increasing popularity even when the owner is not "on-site".

If your going to do a rework, then perhaps a Page system with catagories. Club, Sex, other, but sorted with existing sorter.

Want a dance club, get the list of rooms calling themselves clubs... want a orgy place, then go to the sex catagory etc. It would also be nice if a brief description could be typed in about the room theme and maybe a picture slot like the 3dx properties have for a uploadable picture. Also, list the population at the 3DX properties.

I like the idea of room categories. But I would go one step further:

Why should not the community of a club / location be able to decide how "important" the place is? How about a rating system that only makes it possible to keep a room open once it has reached a certain rating in terms of "this space is relevant to the users"?

- split the rooms in 2 tabs: Party Room  and Sex Room

- top of lists would be occupied first by room opened by friends in the FL then the normal order

- I like the idea of a defined time the room stays open after the host disconnected, this way if there is a crash host has time to come back.

[...]

- keep the room open x hours for xgold sounds good to me as well

- when joining a room, a pop up with a room description filled by the host ( so people can put if cold are ok or not, a welcome message, a dj line up etc...)

A lot of very good hints, @Torax!

Splitting rooms would be great so everyone can better decide where to go to. But I'll add another "tag" which would be the community of the location: BBC, Lesbian, four couples, Dancing, Relaxation ...

Also the idea with a popup with informations about the room would be awesome! Name, short description, opening times, theme or "content" of the club ... yes please!

I only don't like the idea with the Xglod, suggested by some folks, like also @Leopardus:

I can't help feeling that this would be a bit unfair on the person that has spent what was probably hours, if not days or weeks, to create an environment for the enjoyment of all, which when proven to be popular then has to pay by using up their own xgold in order to satisfy the demand of others that like using the room.

The thing is: As a "owner" of a virtual club I am not earning anything. I'm doing this "club thing" for my girls so that we have a room where we can be together, dance, chat, love and just be ourselves. I do this for me and for them. Without the possibility of earning Xgold.

If I could only have the possibility to keep my club open while I'm away by spending Xgold, I would be forced to spend real money for something which is just a kind of hobby, fun thing, community thing.

But I want my room to stay open just because other users love it and like to be around with others, not for any other reason. Why not let the community of a room decide – by rating, by flagging or by "liking"... – whether a room has to stay open or can disappear after the owner left the game?

I could see a room reel that might work. Instead of names there could be a preview Image that is snapped automatically by the system from the point of spawn (to avoid people using Clickbait images and other stuff that is always used to grab attention and finally get rid of the UPERCASE CAPS SEX SEX SEX Zombie Rooms where nothing happens but standing around)

One could get a small idea what they enter and it could be displayed like the public location just in a scrollable or rotating reel. Also to not clutter all rooms in one reel there could be filters that can be ticked as example: Sex Room, Party Room, Game Room, Hangout, ect.

The room owner could put additonal room description that can be brought up by click room details and also a room count or a list who is in the room. This would leave the option to have rooms permanently open or temporary wich could be decided by the room owner aswell. Also server based filters could display recommended rooms or sort rooms by usage / activity. That would eliminate always dead rooms from showing first on the reel but you would still be able to find them via the filter mask you set or if you scroll further.

Seen this in other games and I dont see why it couldnt work here.

...the number count in a room doesnt make it better than another.

Absolutely. The popularity of a room does not measure it's quality. People may go to unpopular rooms in small numbers when those rooms are thematically or atmospherically perfect for whatever those people are looking for. I think they might judge a perfectly themed room better than a crowded room that is just wrong for their needs.

So I agree that the ability to keep a room open should not be based on it's popularity, excepting in the case that any empty rooms might be automatically "closed" after a set period of time if no other method (categorisation/indexing, etc) to prevent "clutter" on the room menu is put in place.

Personally I think the ideal situation would be for ANY room to have the option by the "owner" to be flagged for listing on a suitable navigable interface (that supports categorisation/tagging, brief description, thumbnail image, current people count, as discussed several times above), and then be available for selection to visit, without influence of xgolds, purchase prices, popularity votes, minimum attendance, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Gizmo should take a look at the possibilities the old game "RLC" offered years ago already... If RLC could do it years ago, why not Gizmo ?

Rooms could be ordered according to different choices like the actual population or the theme (dance, discovery, chat, music, sex, brothel, ...)

There was an option to add a room to a player's 'favourite rooms' list, so he/she could find it back easily.

But then again, I think that the real problem isn't that it can't be done, the problem is manpower... you need a team to develop all this and development crew of 3DX seems to be one or two persons max...

All this is great but one thing that is needed is, the rooms to stop fucken crashing. The sounds to stop turning off for no reason. As well as a boot a person from the room option given to the room's owner. Since nothing can be done about room thieving if repeated instances occur then there has to be something done to the thief. Public shaming or leaving it in the hands of the community will backfire. Game authority has to get involved. Room thieving will occur more than one time so i would say for example if three times have occur, give a warning. If the continue, kick them out. 

I have met Anong, a wonderful woman if you give her a chance. She told me about how she downloaded items and someone complained about an item she had in her room. If donate an item, that is awesome but do not get upset how people alter them or use them. A friend asked me not long ago to make something for her and i did, i went by a drawing she had then she altered it with help from her friend and to me, they made it better, Fuck love you Natsumi and xNym. Then there is the case of Pandora's Box, the wonderful MeiLing altered it and made it magical.