433 replies to this topic

#221 danididit

danididit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:45 PM

game isnt currently giving out xgold and as its saturday, prob wont be fixed until monday 

yeah I figured as much

#222 MeiLing

MeiLing

The fool who dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,783 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:45 PM

I've got my gold.

@Rockster: doesn't it happen when you do your own alt?

#223 Kisha

Kisha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:16 PM

When doing this 3way pose my body goes from normal looking to having much smaller boobs, a skinny body, and freakishly long legs. This happend on the test server before the move and its still happening. It wasnt like this before on the old server...

and for the love of God PLEASE fix albino Bob!!!  My male building avi looks fine...

Attached Files

• Rockster likes this

#224 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:42 PM

I've got my gold.

@Rockster: doesn't it happen when you do your own alt?

To all intents and purposes this is seen by the system as a totally different person. It's on a totally separate account, which is why we can even get into as sex pose in the first place, you can't do this when an alt is on the same account. So it no different in any way as if it was me and another person you or and another person. System doesn't know it's me so that doesn't come into it.

#225 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:44 PM

When doing this 3way pose my body goes from normal looking to having much smaller boobs, a skinny body, and freakishly long legs. This happend on the test server before the move and its still happening. It wasnt like this before on the old server...

and for the love of God PLEASE fix albino Bob!!!  My male building avi looks fine...

Oh my goodness!!! I heard people talking about Bob but I didn't know it was THAT bad. Shit.

#226 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:19 PM

I can confirm that the camera speed (WASD keys) in the World Editor is way faster than it was before the update, it was too fast as it was and made it difficult on close-up fine tuning, but now it is almost impossible, I'm doing a leadlight window and I had to give up because the camera is overshooting so badly on even moderate 3 ft closeups. I can't get it to stop where I need it to stop, to see what I need to focus on. I was getting too frustrated and it would have taken way too long so I stopped trying and closed it. It needs to slow down. Can I again suggest that hopefully in the near future we get some extra speeds as well, half speed and half again possibly, using currently unassigned keys to use as keybinds, hit one it goes half, hit another one it goes half that and the third one brings it back to normal. Or just have two for the lesser speeds which toggle on and off when they are tapped repeatedly which sets it back to normal/default on the second press. But this current move speed is making the builder very difficult to use and not good at all. When you are flying around a room the current speed seems fine, but try and get in close to work on a smaller object and the rate becomes obvious and if you get right in close to see a join or a thin object to re-size it is virtually unusable now.

• Ceres and JenC like this

#227 snabi2

snabi2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:42 PM

I've been trying, more than once, to upload pictures in my profile without succes. What is the problem?

#228 AlexRyder

AlexRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:11 PM

A few corrections to the previous bugfix post. Apparently, the mess with the data in the database has gotten even more complicated since there are now old broken profiles with broken encodings, old broken profiles with normal encodings, and new profiles. Also, the gifts sent after the update has been rolled out don't need to be fixed.

For the profiles:

private void LoadProfile(string profileData)
{
    profileData = profileData.Trim();
    if (profileData.StartsWith("{", StringComparison.Ordinal))
    {
        // New JSON profiles
        LoadJsonProfile(profileData);
    }
    else if (profileData.StartsWith("<profile>", StringComparison.Ordinal))
    {
        // Old XML profiles
        LoadXmlProfile(profileData);
    }
    else
    {
        // Some very ancient string-concatenated profiles
        LoadLegacyProfile(profileData);
    }
}

// New JSON profiles
private void LoadJsonProfile(string jsonData)
{
    // Go on with deserialization here
}

// Old XML profiles
private void LoadXmlProfile(string xmlData)
{
    xmlData = FixBrokenUtf8Encoding(xmlData);

// Since most of the xmls are now malformed, need to rebuild them manually
    StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
    sb.Append("<profile>");
    AppendXmlTag(sb, xmlData, "age", "18", false, true);
    AppendXmlTag(sb, xmlData, "interest", "?", false, true);
    AppendXmlTag(sb, xmlData, "location", "3DXChat", false, true);
    AppendXmlTag(sb, xmlData, "about", "I love 3DXChat!", true, true);
    sb.Append("</profile>");
    xmlData = sb.ToString();

// Remove illegal XML chars
    xmlData = SanitizeInvalidXmlCharacterReferences(xmlData);

}

// Sorta-fix for an UTF-8 --> Latin1 --> UTF-8 conversion
private string FixBrokenUtf8Encoding(string text)
{
    if (IsValidForEncoding(text, 1252))
    {
        Encoding utf8 = Encoding.UTF8;
        Encoding latin1 = Encoding.GetEncoding(1252);
        byte[] bytes = Encoding.Convert(utf8, latin1, utf8.GetBytes(text));
        return utf8.GetString(bytes);
    }
    return text;
}

// Sorta-check to figure out if we really need to fix the encoding, may misfire
private bool IsValidForEncoding(string text, int codePage)
{
    Encoding encoder = Encoding.GetEncoding(codePage, new EncoderExceptionFallback(), new DecoderExceptionFallback());
    try
    {
        encoder.GetBytes(text);
    }
    catch (EncoderFallbackException)
    {
        return false;
    }
    return true;
}

private void AppendXmlTag(StringBuilder sb, string xmlData, string tag, string defaultValue, bool findMostInnerMatch, bool reparse)
{
    string openTag = $"<{tag}>";
    string closeTag = $"</{tag}>";
    int startIndex;
    int endIndex;
    bool isMatch = false;
    if (findMostInnerMatch)
    {
        // Some profiles saved with client versions 380 and 381 are weirdly malformed and contain nested data, so, need to try and untangle that
        startIndex = xmlData.IndexOf(openTag, StringComparison.Ordinal) + openTag.Length;
        endIndex = startIndex >= openTag.Length && startIndex < xmlData.Length ? xmlData.LastIndexOf(closeTag, xmlData.Length - 1, xmlData.Length - startIndex, StringComparison.Ordinal) : -1;
        while (endIndex > -1)
        {
            isMatch = true;
            xmlData = xmlData.Substring(startIndex, endIndex - startIndex);
            startIndex = xmlData.IndexOf(openTag, StringComparison.Ordinal) + openTag.Length;
            endIndex = startIndex >= openTag.Length && startIndex < xmlData.Length ? xmlData.LastIndexOf(closeTag, xmlData.Length - 1, xmlData.Length - startIndex, StringComparison.Ordinal) : -1;
        }
    }
    else
    {
        endIndex = startIndex >= openTag.Length && startIndex < xmlData.Length ? xmlData.IndexOf(closeTag, startIndex, StringComparison.Ordinal) : -1;
        if (endIndex > -1)
        {
            isMatch = true;
            xmlData = xmlData.Substring(startIndex, endIndex - startIndex);
        }
    }
    if (isMatch)
    {
        if (reparse)
        {
            // Inner values can be a total mess now, so it's easier to just re-encode them
            xmlData = HttpUtility.HtmlEncode(HttpUtility.HtmlDecode(xmlData));
        }
        sb.Append(openTag);
        sb.Append(xmlData);
        sb.Append(closeTag);
    }
    else
    {
        sb.Append(openTag);
        sb.Append(defaultValue);
        sb.Append(closeTag);
    }
}

private static Regex _xmlEncodedCharacterRegex = new Regex("&#(x?)([A-Fa-f0-9]+);");

private string SanitizeInvalidXmlCharacterReferences(string xmlData)
{
    if (xmlData.IndexOf("&#", StringComparison.Ordinal) < 0)
    {
        return xmlData;
    }
    return _xmlEncodedCharacterRegex.Replace(
        xmlData,
        match =>
        {
            string matchValue = match.Value;
            uint result;
            bool isParsed =
                matchValue[2] == 'x'
                    ? uint.TryParse(matchValue.Substring(3, matchValue.Length - 4), NumberStyles.AllowHexSpecifier, NumberFormatInfo.InvariantInfo, out result)
                    : uint.TryParse(matchValue.Substring(2, matchValue.Length - 3), NumberStyles.Integer, NumberFormatInfo.InvariantInfo, out result);
            return isParsed && !IsValidXmlChar((char)result)
                ? "&#xFFFD;"
                : matchValue;
        });
}

private bool IsValidXmlChar(char character)
{
    return
        character == 0x9 ||
        character == 0xa ||
        character == 0xd ||
        character >= 0x20 && character <= 0xd7ff ||
        character >= 0xe000 && character <= 0xfffd ||
        character >= 0x10000 && character <= 0x10ffff;
}

// Some very ancient string-concatenated profiles
private void LoadLegacyProfile(string profileData)
{
    string[] args = profileData.Split('|');
    if (args.Length < 1)
    {
        return;
    }
    if (args.Length >= 5)
    {
    }
}

For the gifts:

// The time the database was converted
private static DateTime _patch380ReleaseDate = new DateTime(2018, 11, 15, 19, 0, 0, 0, DateTimeKind.Utc);

private string FixBrokenGiftText(string giftText)
{
    // Check if really need to fix the text
    if (giftText != null && timeStamp.ToUniversalTime() < _patch380ReleaseDate)
    {
        // Correct broken encoding
        Encoding utf8 = Encoding.UTF8;
        Encoding latin1 = Encoding.GetEncoding(1252);
        byte[] bytes = Encoding.Convert(utf8, latin1, utf8.GetBytes(giftText));
        giftText = utf8.GetString(bytes);

// Fix some string conversion leftovers
        giftText = giftText.Replace("\\'", "\'");
    }
    return giftText;
}

• gizmo and Mar Mohan like this

#229 Niblette

Niblette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:27 AM

The world editor is still moving to fast, and it seems like after you load or save a big room a few times it gets slower and slower. When there are a lot of complicated things on screen I have also had it start flipping upside down which give me a huge headache it happened earlier today to me when I was working on my room.

• Ceres, Rockster and observer101 like this

#230 danididit

danididit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:40 AM

Anyone else having issues leaving or recieving offline messages? I went to check my settings and noticed the option for offline messages is no longer there

#231 MeiLing

MeiLing

The fool who dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,783 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:42 AM

they don't work. 

#232 AlexRyder

AlexRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:03 AM

Regarding the Bob and Betty issue: you currently have their data switched in the database (i.e. Betty should have id 1 and Bob — id 2). Since they are reverse the client tries to apply female char data to a male and vice versa.

Edit:

Correction. Betty now seems to occupy ids 2 and 3, Bob — ids 1 and 4, where ids 1 and 2 have working char data and broken profiles, and ids 3 and 4 have broken char data but working profiles. It's a mess.

• gizmo, chloe, Kisha and 2 others like this

#233 Kisha

Kisha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:55 AM

Regarding the Bob and Betty issue: you currently have their data switched in the database (i.e. Betty should have id 1 and Bob — id 2). Since they are reverse the client tries to apply female char data to a male and vice versa.

Edit:

Correction. Betty now seems to occupy ids 2 and 3, Bob — ids 1 and 4, where ids 1 and 2 have working char data and broken profiles, and ids 3 and 4 have broken char data but working profiles. It's a mess.

hi alex :) any idea as to why my boob shrink in that pose? 

#234 SayaX

SayaX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:31 AM

In World Editor, every so often the camera will flip upside down so I am looking at the world like I am standing on my head (yes, I am sober). It can be fixed by pressing F6 to return to third person and then selecting F5 for fly cam again, it is just very annoying. Also, to second what Rockster was saying. The fly cam is now faster so it is harder to move the camera to be more precise.

Also, I have noticed that people will lower performance PC's are now lagging more and crashing more often. Luckily for me, I hosted a room with 100+ people last night for 4 hours and only crashed on the final song.

Also, some more minor glitches that have been around for a while. When someone is playing guitar or drums and they leave the room, the guitar and drums keep playing.

• Rockster and observer101 like this

#235 SniperGirl

SniperGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationScouseland - UK

Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:40 PM

Wait what are you all talking about? I think I'm in my 4th day of receiving the daily xgold.. I think it's fixed for some people and some people not.

#236 MeiLing

MeiLing

The fool who dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,783 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:51 PM

Yes there is also something with the profile, when you read them from the chatbox it might be a black screen or the profile of someone else.

#237 SmartOlivia

SmartOlivia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 November 2018 - 02:33 PM

Attached File  2018-11-18 15-18-40_2893543.jpg   127.81KB   1 downloads

This new chair has no function at all, so you cannot sit on it, just run against it :)

#238 selinaa

selinaa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:08 PM

my profile is empty again, in the morning it was good but now its gone

#239 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:58 PM

attachicon.gif2018-11-18 15-18-40_2893543.jpg

This new chair has no function at all, so you cannot sit on it, just run against it :)

I hadn't used this stool or dragged it out of the inventory yet so didn't know if was suitable to sit on, it depends on how high it is and needs to be the same default height as all the other chairs in order for you to be able to sit on it and look natural with your feet (not too high and not falling through the floor), so I just went in and tested it out for you and I can confirm that it is the right height to sit on and look natural, all you need to do is bring out an invisible chair sit command from the inventory and place it on the stool and you can use it as any other chair, just make sure you tweak the height of the command prop to make it look natural and your bum and legs are in the right place relating to the top and front, and make sure it is centered in the middle and facing toward one of the sides without the wood coming up. I made you two screenshots to help.

stool-1.jpg

stool-2.jpg

#240 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:04 PM

Sorry, that's to help if it's a bug or intended either way so in the meantime you can use it to sit on even if it was supposed to have a command in it and didn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users