#41 DarkFairy

DarkFairy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationSlowly bleeding out somewhere

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:01 AM

My first language is sarcasm, if it's not sarcastic then it's typically about tacos, or I've made a valid point. If you choose to disagree I do not wish to change your opinion. But that doesnt mean that when you're straight up mean or malicious I'm gonna change mine either. Agreeing to disagree means i do what i want and you do what you want, no?

Actually no, “agree to disagree” doesn’t mean do what you want.

"Agree to disagree" or "agreeing to disagree" is a phrase in English referring to the resolution of a conflict (usually a debate or quarrel) whereby all parties tolerate but do not accept the opposing position(s). It generally occurs when all sides recognise that further conflict would be unnecessary, ineffective or otherwise undesirable. They may also remain on amicable terms while continuing to disagree about the unresolved issues.

Sarcasm is highly context dependent and often it’s all in the tone, which is usually lost here. So it’s a fine art. For example my sarcasm often comes across as being a negative, bitter, cynical, bitchy person. I accept that.

#42 Xandisweet

Xandisweet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:12 PM

Well, shes gonna keep yelling and bitching about the things I say, but I'm not gonna shut up. So... pretty sure it wasn't resolved, rather she was implying that she is in the right and I'm in the wrong though both our opinion is right because it is an opinion. Bleh. I don't care.

#43 TamsinUK

TamsinUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:47 AM

Who is the person doing bitching and yelling? It is not me. I just state clearly, firmly what I believe. I think my opinion is widely held in the western world, no? If Gizmo will not lock my diary so I can start afresh then I shall try and pick up for where I left off.

#44 Sleeper_Girl

Sleeper_Girl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:52 AM

She would not bitch and yell or ever say anything derogatory Tamsin. I know this because she keeps telling us what a nice person she is.  ;)

#45 TamsinUK

TamsinUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:11 AM

I laughed so much I spilled my coffee! Do you think she will understand what you are saying?

#46 Sleeper_Girl

Sleeper_Girl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:18 AM

I could care less if she does or doesn't. Sick and tired of all four of them. They behave like children. But here is a hug to you and I hope you have a good day.

WZ9eDiP.gif

#47 TamsinUK

TamsinUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:22 AM

I have work just now. PM me when you can.

#48 Xandisweet

Xandisweet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:41 PM

I didnt say I was nice and I sure as heck wouldn't be to someone who thinks they are better than everyone.
  • ToxicallySweet likes this

#49 Sleeper_Girl

Sleeper_Girl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:44 PM

I'm sweet as candy 

#50 Xandisweet

Xandisweet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:44 PM

Anyway, I'll leave your diary alone, because unlike some people I know when to quit. Wasted enough time, tata for now.

#51 Sleeper_Girl

Sleeper_Girl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:46 PM

Well, shes gonna keep yelling and bitching about the things I say, but I'm not gonna shut up. So... pretty sure it wasn't resolved, rather she was implying that she is in the right and I'm in the wrong though both our opinion is right because it is an opinion. Bleh. I don't care.

#52 TamsinUK

TamsinUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:28 PM

I didnt say I was nice and I sure as heck wouldn't be to someone who thinks they are better than everyone.

Just think maybe because you aren't the greatest with English that maybe you don't see it how its put. For example Pawed at. To me you are saying you don't like an animal putting its foot on you. Just some food for thought. I'm done have a lovely day or night whatever it may be for you.

paw

/pô/

verb
past tense: pawed; past participle: pawed

• (of an animal) feel or scrape with a paw or hoof.
    "the horse rose on its strong haunches, its forelegs pawing the air"

paw
 noun[/size]

\ ˈpȯ  \

Definition of paw 
(Entry 1 of 2)

1the foot of a quadruped (such as a lion or dog) that has clawsbroadly : [/size]the foot of an animal[/size]

2a human hand especially when large or clumsy[/size]

Who is actually trying to say they a better than anybody else here?

#53 Xandisweet

Xandisweet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:59 PM

Umm... they are not me. Quit poking the fire, I said I'd stop. If you cannot accept that then I cant fault you, this day and age people dont seem to learn from their mistakes.

#54 TamsinUK

TamsinUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:04 PM

I think I said to agree to differ a long time ago, no. Ok,we stop.

I have a new diary post nearly ready about role play. I will use that to put my diary back to how I want it.

#55 Xandisweet

Xandisweet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:04 PM

Good luck to you.

#56 ToxicallySweet

ToxicallySweet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:49 PM

Who is actually trying to say they a better than anybody else here?

You can think what you want but all I was doing was trying to help as I didn't understand why you used that word and you were the one getting upset with me trying convey how you were making a mound out of a molehill. So again have a lovely day or night. 

• Xandisweet likes this

#57 TamsinUK

TamsinUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 January 2019 - 03:34 PM

When I first joined 3dxChat, the first time, I wanted to role play a character very different to me. I thought I was good at it and enjoyed playing her. I met some nice people as her. As I got to know people better I found it much harder to play her. She was too different. She was too English which made the role play very much harder for me. In the end my subscription expired. In time I renewed with a variation of her character. Closer to me but still very different. This time I had a bad experience and decided to leave again. I thought that the bad experience may have been partly due to the role play itself.

When I rejoined this time I decided to play as me because I felt it wrong to continue a role play and build friendships as that character. It felt wrong to me this time. I was also more confident in my real which made me more confident in game.

I do not regret the role play but I think there is a risk for difficulties and misunderstandings if it is not clear to all people if a role is being played.

• xSweetMiseryx likes this

#58 TamsinUK

TamsinUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:00 PM

I want to say thank you to the people who have visited my diary and the people who have liked my posts. I did not create the diary because I wanted likes or to start discussion or even to promote confilct. I created my diary because I thought I had something to say that might interest other people. I welcome replies because I am very interested in what other people think. I do not want nastiness here, I would much prefer nice things. If serious matters then it is discussed in a sensible and respectful manner. Respect is important, no?

#59 DarkFairy

DarkFairy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationSlowly bleeding out somewhere

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:22 PM

It would be good if these diaries could be a forum for people to share their experiences and thoughts and have commentary be offered in a pleasant and un-critical way but that experiment has failed.

It's repeatedly stated, and vociferously so, that anyone has a right to post whatever they want anywhere they want as long as it's within the rules. Without proper moderation this will never allow people to express their opinions or have a discussion without flame or sarcasm or being baited into an argument. Then hounded down for taking the bait.

It's a pity but that's the way it is.

#60 TamsinUK

TamsinUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:53 PM

Perhaps to lead by example in the absence of someone leading by diktat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users