3DXChat Community

Tamsin's Diary

TamsinUK

I have been enjoying my game a lot recently. I have made many good friends. I have a lot I would like say about my experience in the game.

First I want to say that I speak English much better than I write. This post is the result of drafts and redrafts. That is good, I want to improve my English.

I was chatting to a friend a few days ago and he used a phrase I had not heard before. It was 'he should go sling his hook'. I asked what it meant. I liked that it was a way of telling somebody to f**k off whithout using profanity.

I like that 3dxChat helps me improve my English.

Last night I had to ignore somebody for the first time since I returned to 3dxChat. I wanted my diary to be full of nice experiences but I think this incident has to be called out.

I was talking to a group of friends when I received a cold partner invitation. I declined. Straight away he sent me another. I declined again. I told him I do not accept cold invitations. He sent me another straight away. I put him on ignore. A few minutes later another person gave me a cold partner invitation. I declined. This person said 'I bet you thought you could avoid me by ignoring me, ha, ha, ha'. I put him on ignore. I told my friends about this and they 'had words', as you say. If it had not been for their support I might have found this incident rather upsetting.

This post is in praise of good friends.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been thinking a lot recently about what it is that makes 3dxChat a good place to be. For me it is my friends, the interesting conversations we have and our very different opinions. If I were to single out one thing I would say that even when discussing topics we strongly disagree on it is always clear that we enjoy each other's company. That is good, no. One of my friends describes 3dxChat as a melting pot. I think he is right providing people do not close themselves off to new ideas, or try to impose an agenda.

• 1 month later...

This has not turned out how I intended. I wanted to talk about the things I enjoy about playing 3dxChat. There is plenty to say, even after this long break. Now that my real life has become less demanding of my time I hope to come back into the game with fresh enthusiasm. I look forward to chatting with old friends and to making new ones. I intend to bcome involved in forum discussions, but only if I think that my opinion may be useful.

A happy New Year to everybody!

There has been a lot of debate over the past year about whether 3dxChat is 'just a sex game', 'only a sex game' or something else. I do not want to reopen this debate here, but for me 3dxChat is a social game. My fiends in the game make it a good place to be. I do not think I am alone in thinking this way. I also think that people who only use the game for sex are missing out on something important. With the emphasis on sex I sometimes think that I might be missing something because friends have not become lovers. This is not a problem for me, my friends are just like friends in real life. I think that if any of them became a lover it would change the relationship in a way I do not want. I do not close myself off from meeting somebody I am sexually attracted to, it just doesn't seem to happen. I think that as long as I enjoy the game then it is worth paying my subscription.

Hi TamsinUK, I completely agree with you on your view of 3dxChat! I definitely prefer chatting with my friends than the sex side of the game. It's so much more fun joking, laughing, listening to music and well for me goofing around. That doesn't mean i'm oppose to sex or those who see the game as a platform to fulfill their sexual fantasies. Maybe i'm just getting old  :P Happy New year!!

Sometimes topics from the forums come up in conversations with my friends in the game. This time the topic was trolling. I did not involve myself much in the discussion because my experience of the trolls is like the behaviour of the authorities in my home country. None of my friends seemed able to understand what trolls get out of trolling. One friend described the behaviour that he has seen here and in world chat as people saying 'my penis is bigger than yours'. Freud thought women were motivated by penis envy. I think he was very wrong.

I am intrigued by the lastest spate of trolling, the one in a certain person's diary. I am pleased the moderators have locked the thread. I do not want to discuss moderators actions but I think it is interesting to see who has been blocked and who hasn't. Several people invovled have broken the rules. The point I want to make is that I think that trolling of that kind will never be reduced unless there is proper moderation of the forums and the rules are applied consistenbtly.

One other thing I do want to say is that trolling can be amusing for a short while. That is why I read the thread in the first place. After a very short time is becomes unpleasant and turns in to bullying. This has happenned many times over the past year. Going back through there are a number of locked threads that show the same pattern. I think that for the good of the game Gizmo has to make a decision about how he wants his game to develop. Recent discussions reveal positive suggestions, encouraging user created content, and the negative, the problem of trolling. To me these are the two biggest issues of the moment.

I am glad that the trolls haven't yet worked out my user name in the game. For me playing the game is still a pleasure. I have supportive friends who I trust to help if I am attacked.

I risk having my diary trolled by replying to this. Xandisweet is trying to needle me. Is that the right word? I shall speak plain and say that wanted hugs are welcome and a pleasure. Unwanted hugs are not and can become bullying. I post this link so people can make up their own minds. I do not want to open a debate here.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/7106-free-hugs/

When I meet my friends we share hugs, unless the circumstances make it difficult. I like my friends a lot and a hug demonstrates that friendship. I do not understand why a small group of people try to break this. I am one who stands up to bullies if I feel I have something to say. Bullying is wrong any where and at any time, no? There is no more to say on this theme, other than to say again that the thing that makes 3dxChat a good place to be is friends.

I understand, Mikey. I was made suspicious by the like of Xandi’s post as well as the tone and context. That is all. The thread Sleepergirl quotes says more and supports my suspicion. I did not involve myself in that one even though I think bullying was happening.

I had another enjoyable evening talking.with friends last night. This time about Brexit. I found it exciting that although we hold very different views the discussion was fun and we all enjoyed ourselves. This is good, no?

What happens in most of these threads is people have disagreements and tantrums because being right seems to be the #1 necessity for forum dwellers, I make random comments here and there typically for a few giggles. I know that in a world so bitter it's hard not to fall under its spell, to truly be happy an open mind and a sense of humor is key. I think my most said line in all of these threads over the years has been "lighten up" probably tossed around a few curse words(I'm sweet as candy with the mouth of a sailor, blame my dad for that) anyway. Referencing something from a long while ago that I found comical may not get your laugh box roaring, but it makes me smile.

I change my plan for my diary and want to return to what makes friendships successful in 3dxChat. I have said several times I have conversations with my friends about topics which we hold strong opinions. I every case the discussion remains friendly, it is clear that we enjoy each other's company and enjoy the stimulation of each others opinions. In one of my posts yesterday, which has been deleted, I made the point that it is a good thing to respect each others boundaries. In the case of my friends we know each other well enough to challenge and tease but at all times we respect each others opinions. I think that is important. I think that might be why we get on so well.

I risk having my diary trolled by replying to this. Xandisweet is trying to needle me. Is that the right word? I shall speak plain and say that wanted hugs are welcome and a pleasure. Unwanted hugs are not and can become bullying. I post this link so people can make up their own minds. I do not want to open a debate here.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/7106-free-hugs/

When I meet my friends we share hugs, unless the circumstances make it difficult. I like my friends a lot and a hug demonstrates that friendship. I do not understand why a small group of people try to break this. I am one who stands up to bullies if I feel I have something to say. Bullying is wrong any where and at any time, no? There is no more to say on this theme, other than to say again that the thing that makes 3dxChat a good place to be is friends.

Heya Tamsin

Xandi wasn’t needling (the definition for me of needling is to annoy or harass) she’s simply saying that a good ol Hug (mutually accepted naturally) is a good way to resolve things in most situations.

Her thread was in the same vein but it was subject to misinterpretation in some cases. Xandi is one of the sweetest kindest people I know in 3dx.

It can also be consider Sarcasm. haha giggle giggle.

It is ironic, no, that if Xandisweet's post is read in context, as well as her posts in the two threads quoted there is no sarcasm. You suggest I am a humourless bitch but some things are not funny. No woman likes to be pawed by a creepy man.

I am unlikely to be able to visit the forums again today or play the game due to last night's vote in the House of Commons. 3dxChat has provided light relief to the work I do every day. This has become much more difficult since the referendum. I have regularly had to remove racist slogans from my workplace, I have had to replace the window twice. There is more, here is not the time and place to say more. I do want to say that 3dxChat has provided a break from this and that my in game friends have been supportive, even though they might not agree with my opinons.