3DXChat Community

Chloe's Blog

chloe

It's clear to me that you're on the side of the trolls. Imagine yourself in the situation I described. How would you feel? Take it a step further, how would you feel if it went on every time you pposted anything, for months with new lies being made up.

That is unacceptable and anybody who did that to you would deserve as good as they give. In a forum with proper moderation the people bullying you would be removed whenever they appear.

Lastly, are you suggesting that a man shouldn't support women in the struggle for equal rights? I'm no white knight, I'm no patronising fool who tries to take over and run womens' campaigns for them. I try my best to stand alongside women in their struggle for equality as an equal, not as anything special. I believe that the abuse of women in these forums is an attempt to promote an image of womanhood that had largely dissappeared by the end of the 1970's. Anybody who posts showing they have opinions and ideas of their own gets attacked.

If you can't see that as wrong then you'll never get it and end up supporting the trolls.

It's clear to me that you're on the side of the trolls. Imagine yourself in the situation I described. How would you feel? Take it a step further, how would you feel if it went on every time you pposted anything, for months with new lies being made up.

That is unacceptable and anybody who did that to you would deserve as good as they give. In a forum with proper moderation the people bullying you would be removed whenever they appear.

Lastly, are you suggesting that a man shouldn't support women in the struggle for equal rights? I'm no white knight, I'm no patronising fool who tries to take over and run womens' campaigns for them. I try my best to stand alongside women in their struggle for equality as an equal, not as anything special. I believe that the abuse of women in these forums is an attempt to promote an image of womanhood that had largely dissappeared by the end of the 1970's. Anybody who posts showing they have opinions and ideas of their own gets attacked.

If you can't see that as wrong then you'll never get it and end up supporting the trolls.

Sure, in a proper forum with proper moderation there would be no adversity. But this isn't that, just accept it and move on.

The way to 'fight' trolls isn't to constantly provoke them as you, Chloe, Felia, Sleeper, etc. etc. etc. have done. You cut off their oxygen by ignoring them. When they get bored, they stop and/or leave.

Accept what they're doing as trolling, that means NOTHING, and move the hell on. Don't equate it to Nazism and an Armageddon and try to fight it, it's pointless and only makes it worse.

And I already told you how I would feel. I would pay it no mind, which I have done here on these very forums. If you look hard enough you'll find an instance where I was trolled with a pretty disgusting rumor and I just let it go because it's just words on the internet and means nothing.

The problem here isn't that the trolls are out-of-control, it's that we have thin-skinned moral-crusaders who feel as though they need to 'fight' the trolls. Which...oddly enough, just means they turn into trolls themselves.

And as to supporting people...get over it. It's the internet, everyone faces abuse and trolling. If they can't handle it (male or female) they shouldn't be on forums (especially not these.)

And no...you're a white-knight, patronizing and a fool. Women are, in fact, more equal than you give them credit for.

That's OK, you don't agree with me. I won't try and force my opinions on you and I don't expect you to try and force your opinions on me.

I'll continue to act according to my conscience because ignoring the trolls means they just carry on and do what they do. As soon as somebody posts something they don't like, or they think a new member is somebody they don't like, they'll be in there insulting, abusing, demeaning. If enough people support the person being attacked then the trolls will eventually realise that their behaviour is unnaceptable.

Saying it's all just words on the Internet is denying the proven link between Internet bullying and suicide, self harm and mental illness.

That's OK, you don't agree with me. I won't try and force my opinions on you and I don't expect you to try and force your opinions on me.

I'll continue to act according to my conscience because ignoring the trolls means they just carry on and do what they do. As soon as somebody posts something they don't like, or they think a new member is somebody they don't like, they'll be in there insulting, abusing, demeaning. If enough people support the person being attacked then the trolls will eventually realise that their behaviour is unnaceptable.

Saying it's all just words on the Internet is denying the proven link between Internet bullying and suicide, self harm and mental illness.

Well, don't be upset when they keep trolling. Ya know...the whole "don't feed the trolls," thing.

The trolls they speak of have tried to leave the fight. These trolls have wanted to continue. I just want to be able to help my friends, talk about tacos, and post silly pics and memes without running into someone getting pissed that I (a friend of rob's and a woman) spoke.

No post from me in your diary yesterday ^^.

Now you're trying to justify what happened. And in doing so, you casually shift the responsibility away from you or better from your beloved aggressor.

Keep your eyes closed Xandi so you don't have to look into his hate-filled face. 

This forum is worth a damn if people can live out their hateful kind totally uncontrolled. You're looking on the wrong side for those responsible.
Sometimes the shit you throw around will just comes back. That's what happend here. And then screaming and point around doesn't work.
We are trolls? Surely haha. Tell it to yourself again and again, then it will come true at least for you.

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

Totally fitting to me, yeah! I am soooooooo guilty. 

Most of the players don't like to participate in the forum anymore. There are only those left who have a damn thick fur, do-gooders, or those who find joy in verbally hurting others.

Here some tacos for you:

aussie-style-beef-aniqkeo.jpeg

I hope you like them. 

Dear Diary,

Lets talk about ignore and if it works or not.

You can build up a personal defense shield so no trolling can affect you. Ignoring means it is not happening for you, right? So what is the problem here? 

The other people. Nice people who like to stay away from drama often having a thin skin (often not without reason unfortunately - but this is a different story).

I had the following situation two weeks ago:

A troll appeared on my party and talked shit in the local. In the optimal case all should just iggy that idiot and move on to have fun. That's the theory, in real some people lost the mood and left the party. Not to many but still noticeable. Also the general mood needed a while to be on the same level as before. So how did my iggy helped here? 

If we have no authority who try to control the trolls those situation will increase. With an iggy from the host you can block this troll from showing up the next time, yes, but a new character costs only 10.000 x-gold. Not a big value for a troll. They love to spend all there money to annoy people. Pathetic, I know.

Currently they are just a handful idiots who case trouble. But what happens if nobody stop them? They will become more and more and displace nice players. Like proliferating cancer.

If we keep on walking around with blinkers on, one day we'll also lose the fun of the game since it has become a toxic place.

So far from me, I have to work a bit and will continue later.

Second try to stay on topic.... all who continue to troll this can find them self in my text  ^^

You're an idiot. Read what I wrote again.

I love the German people. I lived in Germany for 4 years and absolutely loved it. I did not say that all Germans were Nazis, I said your people lost control of your own country which is historical fact.

And I don't give two wet shits about Rob. He's funny sometimes, but I don't know him at all.

this first sentence disqualifies you in another discussion. I don't know you and the first thing you do is insult. Your alleged friendship with others is no more than a phrase therefore said. That was the only and last time I responded to an answer from you. I reported that. Also for you again for a better understanding. It is here only about the personal insults of a RobT in connection with Nazis. Everything else is free opinions, which do not belong however to the topic

No post from me in your diary yesterday ^^.

Now you're trying to justify what happened. And in doing so, you casually shift the responsibility away from you or better from your beloved aggressor.

Keep your eyes closed Xandi so you don't have to look into his hate-filled face. 

This forum is worth a damn if people can live out their hateful kind totally uncontrolled. You're looking on the wrong side for those responsible.
Sometimes the shit you throw around will just comes back. That's what happend here. And then screaming and point around doesn't work.
We are trolls? Surely haha. Tell it to yourself again and again, then it will come true at least for you.

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

Totally fitting to me, yeah! I am soooooooo guilty. 

Most of the players don't like to participate in the forum anymore. There are only those left who have a damn thick fur, do-gooders, or those who find joy in verbally hurting others.

Here some tacos for you:

aussie-style-beef-aniqkeo.jpeg

I hope you like them. 

Good morning my Love and mmmmmhhhhhhhhhh   BREAKFAST

tenor.gif

They trolls say they leave the fight, but no. they come back and continue. They choose this, they decide their own actions, no?

The trolls they speak of have tried to leave the fight. These trolls have wanted to continue. I just want to be able to help my friends, talk about tacos, and post silly pics and memes without running into someone getting pissed that I (a friend of rob's and a woman) spoke.

DELETED...

you will find this a lot in my diary. I can't delete my own posts so this is right now the only way to remove something.

What did I removed? Quotes of deleted posts. It does not make any sense to keep them because than there will be still hate speech (quoted) in my diary... and sure my reaction on it (funny if this gets called trolling too).

I would like that others will follow my example and remove the most worse dirt out of this forum. The original hate posts are all gone and so all quotes should follow too.

Maybe we get soon the possibility to delete posts. Our own and those in our threads. Sure this could cause new drama but that's something I put up with.

Together for a better forum!

Kisses Chloe

Edited by chloe

It's very interesting who's pro and contra when it comes to discussing whether you can moderate your own threads or not :)

I would restrict this feature to the User Diary section / Party section or in short:

If it is not a discussion section, self moderation is welcome and would decrease drama.

I agree that in some cases, the ability of the thread creator to be able to moderate that thread themselves would be a great idea, it would stop thread derailment in it's tracks and keep the discussion on topic and civil. If someone who has tried to fuck-up/troll a thread and has had their offensive comments deleted by the thread 'owner' goes and writes something nasty elsewhere who the fuck cares, at least the thread stays on track which would be a big step forward from the current state of affairs forum-wide.

Everyone can spam its own diary with upsets about deleted comments ^^ if this gets to nasty there is still the report button. But as you I don't care about this, topmost priority for me: my diary is not gonna hijacked again!

Is this discussion here now? Can I chip in with this?

I think thread owners, overall, should have the right to delete posts. It means the trolls are restricted to only their own threads and those of the people who tolerate them. When reports are made it’ll be well easy for Gizmo, or the moderators if they reappear, to deal with any.

I’ve had a look at SageStoner’s thread and you can see who’s for and who’s against.

And no-one should really get upset about it either Chloe... we already have a situation on Facebook where you go onto any group or page and what you write there only stays at the discretion of the group mods or page owner, people accept this without even thinking about it. Facebook doesn't moderate Facebook, whoever creates the group or page does, and this is normal and accepted and no-one bats an eyelash. You can have your posts deleted and you can be banned from writing at all and kicked from interacting if they decide to take action for whatever reason they see fit according to the ethos of the group or page, and the world all just happily accepts this being the case and respects the rules and generally observes them. In here, more personal threads such as diaries, event announcements, people's world editor build contribution threads etc would be seen as something similar to FB groups and controlled by the thread owner/creator, if someone tried to fuck it up they would just be dealt with, other threads which are more along the lines of general game discussion, updates, tech support, would stay a free-for-all and it would still be up to the 3DX staff to deal with it.

But some try to tell us that this is a forum and that a forum is a public discussion platform and no forum in the world knows the concept of thread-owner moderation.

I wonder what is the intention of those people? The license to troll?

The diary section speaks clearly about blogs / diaries and not discussion topics. But this get blanked in the argumentation. Furthermore the forum software seems to have this feature implemented. Someone should sue the developers of this. ^^

Is this discussion here now? Can I chip in with this?

I think thread owners, overall, should have the right to delete posts. It means the trolls are restricted to only their own threads and those of the people who tolerate them. When reports are made it’ll be well easy for Gizmo, or the moderators if they reappear, to deal with any.

I’ve had a look at SageStoner’s thread and you can see who’s for and who’s against.

I started so yes... I am happy to have a little discussion in my diary as long as it stays on topic and peaceful. But thanks for asking, that's very kind :)