Terrabytes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationIn my head

Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:25 PM

Hi Creators, builders and desginers, back for more help.  :rolleyes:

Having a problem with the way I am utilizing the Chair Trigger.

I have incorporated the std triggers, without adjustment, into my build without problem. Able to save to file.

But, when I try to use the chair trigger as a bench, adjusting its width, I am having problems. The goal is to

utilize the two 100m long raised granite planters running the length of my entry as seating.

(Refer to Lighted Arches thread for pics if a visual is required.)

I am able to adjust the triggers while in build mode and save the current configuration to file without any pop up errors

but when I relaunch my build from the saved file, both adjusted chair triggers revert back to std size.

Am I doing something wrong? Or trying to do something the triggers were unintended?

TY in advance for any help here.

Terra

• DentalVaw and NadolahI like this

#2 Torax

Torax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationPool Party at La la Land

Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:28 PM

As far as i know, you cant resize the actions props. Even if you resized the chair trigger and made it 100 meters long, it would still be only one seat available. If you want more people to sit, you have to multiply the chair trigger.

• ExHaran, Veronique, Rodin and 1 other like this

#3 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 03:12 PM

Yup, while you can change the dimensions of some things such as using the 123 icon to change the size of the music player for instance, and while they do change while in edit mode, as soon as u save the room and go back in they will revert back to the normal proportions. The only props you can re-size and save that way are the primitive shapes, nothing else. (*edit* In the new version I think the landscapes will also be able to be resized.) As Torax says, each prop also only seats one person, so even if it stayed 100 meters long or whatever after saving, it would still only work for one person for the entire length of it, probably in the middle. What u need to do is place the first one, use the copy icon to clone it, slide it along, clone that and slide that along, put as many of them along as u need, but making sure when testing that one is not so close to the other that the game has trouble working out which one you are wanting to use. Test two out with yourself and a friend so you can see the gap between your bodies and you have enough room so neither of u are colliding, then use that gap as a guide for all the others because where the prop is, is where u will sit, but remember that they all have extra width on the sides which affect how close you can place the next one to it without interference. You can also use snap move to make them all perfectly even, but when they are all invisible and you already know that they will never ever be all used at the same time, it doesn't really show up if the gaps between them are a little off as usually only one person is sitting on their own at any time, or two together and it's not obvious.

Edited by Rockster, 05 October 2018 - 03:14 PM.

• Terrabytes likes this

#4 Terrabytes

Terrabytes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationIn my head

Posted 06 October 2018 - 02:13 AM

Torax and Rockster TY to you both, for confirming what I suspected.

This one confused me, the other triggers would not allow me to resize them, the chair did. I thought intentionally, to be utilized as a bench. Evidently, not. 

Update:

Instead of cloning (2x1x100 = 200) chairs attempting to accommodate seating any where along both raised planters,

decided on seating only around the dance poles. Along with cold beer and wine ofc. :)  

A special TY to WildHoney for the accent lighting tips too, I will pay you back later.  ;)

Here is a shot of the chair and sofa triggers along with my VERY slow progress, but what's not seen is hours of fun and learning.

lWIPkeF.png?1

TY again to all that help us beginners.

Terra

• Rockster, JenC, Vaughan_Rarius and 1 other like this

#5 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 07:29 AM

A month or two ago I was working on a build and by playing around I found by using the 123 re-size icon I could actually make the music player huge or small, I had no idea you could alter the size of anything but primitive shapes. So all excited at the endless possibilities of being able to change the size of any prop at all and deciding this prop would be my first attempt, I made it quite small and sunk it into a bedside dresser so it looked like a clock radio. But when I saved it and went back in it was again the normal size and looking ridiculous so I had to move it to another spot. This was when I discovered you could resize normal props but it did not save, and was likely not intended to happen in the first place and maybe a bug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users