3DXChat Community

A Night of Mystery!

Guest Flygirl

image.png

All aboard for an arousing adventure filled with
peculiar passengers and conspiring crewmembers.

After a luxurious week at sea, all those onboard the Mystery of the Seas are ready for a night of romance and intrigue at the Captain’s Cocktail Reception—an extravagant affair to top all others.

Adrift on the ocean, there is no better place to escape your troubles…or for a murderer to strike.

Could the killer be the commanding captain who has found his personal life out of control? A seething spouse who has discovered the dastardly deception of their darling? Or possibly a conniving contestant who will do anything to be crowned ambassadress by the cruise line?

Trapped at sea, no one is safe and everyone is a suspect. As secrets are revealed, everyone’s innocence will come into question as the assassin tries to appear angelic. Sharpen your sleuthing skills, for that’s what you will have to rely on to call out the killer!

Check your baggage and set sail for a sinuous night of
secrets, scandals and seafaring scoundrels.

....hi, I'm not sure if this has been tried before on here, but recently I purchased a Night of Mystery game and now that I am looking at it I don't see why it could not be played on here. The first hurdle that I have in order to play, are the people needed to play the various roles in the mystery. The mystery package I got is designed for 10-15 guests to play. ( 4-5 males, 5-8 females & 1-2 neutrals....roles that can be played by either gender.)

I am putting this idea out there for anyone who mite have an interest in joining in on a night of murder!! Before anyone does decide this is something that the would like to be part of, there are a few things to be considered.
  • First I would suggest going to www.nightofmystery.com and having a look at the pdf for the Cruising for Murder mystery. Just to make sure it is what you think it will be.
  • They mystery runs from 2-3 hours. (Also if someone would like to play but can only commit to a couple hours.....well,someones got to die!)
  • Lastly, you would need to have 1 of your 3 avi spots available in order to create the roll of your character in the mystery.

I have never played in a murder mystery game before but have always wanted to try. Before I start copying and pasting anything, I just wanted to see if there were enough other people here that have an interest in trying out their sleuthing abilities. Also this particular mystery has a lot of affairs going on between the characters involved, I think with the right role playing this could be a lot of fun!!

Anyways I will wait to hear if anyone else is interested in this type of thing.  Thanx and have fun out there.

image.png

All aboard for an arousing adventure filled with

peculiar passengers and conspiring crewmembers.

After a luxurious week at sea, all those onboard the Mystery of the Seas are ready for a night of romance and intrigue at the Captain’s Cocktail Reception—an extravagant affair to top all others.

Adrift on the ocean, there is no better place to escape your troubles…or for a murderer to strike.

Could the killer be the commanding captain who has found his personal life out of control? A seething spouse who has discovered the dastardly deception of their darling? Or possibly a conniving contestant who will do anything to be crowned ambassadress by the cruise line?

Trapped at sea, no one is safe and everyone is a suspect. As secrets are revealed, everyone’s innocence will come into question as the assassin tries to appear angelic. Sharpen your sleuthing skills, for that’s what you will have to rely on to call out the killer!

Check your baggage and set sail for a sinuous night of

secrets, scandals and seafaring scoundrels.

....hi, I'm not sure if this has been tried before on here, but recently I purchased a Night of Mystery game and now that I am looking at it I don't see why it could not be played on here. The first hurdle that I have in order to play, are the people needed to play the various roles in the mystery. The mystery package I got is designed for 10-15 guests to play. ( 4-5 males, 5-8 females & 1-2 neutrals....roles that can be played by either gender.)

I am putting this idea out there for anyone who mite have an interest in joining in on a night of murder!! Before anyone does decide this is something that the would like to be part of, there are a few things to be considered.
  • First I would suggest going to www.nightofmystery.com and having a look at the pdf for the Cruising for Murder mystery. Just to make sure it is what you think it will be.
  • They mystery runs from 2-4 hours. I highly doubt that it will take 4 hours but as I have not played it yet I would think it best that whomever does want to join in, that they are able to commit to being online for the length of game. ( I really cant see it taking more than 3 hours tops,but to be safe. Also if someone would like to play but can only commit to a couple hours.....well,someones got to die!)
  • Also this game is designed with email being a means of sending out invitations and character information. They game sends them as a pdf for each character. I recently made a new email account just for this game. Although being a pervert has definitely helped me out with my computer skills, I can assure you that all I can do with your email address....is send you an email. ( I do get the trust issues with giving out email addresses, those people who do end up playing will also get my email address when I send the invites. So mutual respect would have to be shown.)
  • Lastly, you would need to have 1 of your 3 avi spots available in order to create the roll of your character in the mystery.

I have never played in a murder mystery game before but have always wanted to try. Before I start copying and pasting anything, I just wanted to see if there were enough other people here that have an interest in trying out their sleuthing abilities. Also this particular mystery has a lot of affairs going on between the characters involved, I think with the right role playing this could be a lot of fun!!

Anyways I will wait to hear if anyone else is interested in this type of thing.  Thanx and have fun out there.

Fly I will help in any way I can. I think the yacht is a perfect venue for this.I think it is a great idea and sounds like a lot of fun. Also, if someone does not feel comfortable releasing their email address, you can always use PM here.

Awesome!! I think someone may be getting murdered soon...how exciting!! Well hopefully a few more people will join in and we can play with all the 15 characters. Ill give it a bit more time to see if we can get a full cast. :)

It was MikeyZA !!!! in the study with the candlestick !!! :blink:

This does sound like a wonderful idea, I am sure this will be a success and a lot of fun. Good luck.

Maybe some one can do a screenshots and note the story and events as the mystery unfolds for the diary thread (Perhaps a traveling journalist). It's sure to create a lot of interest for further adventures and would be great to share the fun.

Guest Flygirl

Well between the people who responded on here and people that I have spoken to in game.....somebody's going to get murdered!! I guess the next hurdle is finding the best night for it, a full moon would be nice. Anyways it will take a bit to transfer mystery to this game, I'm hoping that with Camden's help that I can send everything through forum pm for character details.(I really do need your help Camcam....me try again but to no avail!!) 

Anyways the date I have in mind is Oct.15th at 8 pm.(Eastern standard time). The mystery will take from 2-3 hours to solve. This is a Wednesday night, but as the length of game is relatively short it shouldn't make anyone have to stay up to late during the school week and also I thought it would be a good way to break up the monotony of the week.

If this time doesn't work well for others who want to play, The only suggestion I have is that we could take a poll of days of the week to see what would be the best night for everyone to join in. Unfortunately I do not know how to do that pole survey thingy......anyone seen Cam?

Hopefully the 15th works for enough people though and this will be the last boarding call before we ship off.....

Well between the people who responded on here and people that I have spoken to in game.....somebody's going to get murdered!! I guess the next hurdle is finding the best night for it, a full moon would be nice. Anyways it will take a bit to transfer mystery to this game, I'm hoping that with Camden's help that I can send everything through forum pm for character details.(I really do need your help Camcam....me try again but to no avail!!) 

Anyways the date I have in mind is Oct.15th at 8 pm.(Eastern standard time). The mystery will take from 2-3 hours to solve. This is a Wednesday night, but as the length of game is relatively short it shouldn't make anyone have to stay up to late during the school week and also I thought it would be a good way to break up the monotony of the week.

If this time doesn't work well for others who want to play, The only suggestion I have is that we could take a poll of days of the week to see what would be the best night for everyone to join in. Unfortunately I do not know how to do that pole survey thingy......anyone seen Cam?

Hopefully the 15th works for enough people though and this will be the last boarding call before we ship off.....

Hey Fly I got you.