• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SexyScott

SexyScott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:58 AM

Hello. Still new to this. Tried to find existing tutorials. All it said was to "select the radio". How do I do that? Is it in the World Editor mode of my place or just regular mode? I'm lost.

Thanks!!

SS

#2 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:00 PM

Hey Scott. The radio is a prop in the editor and does not automatically come with your default room, you have to go into edit and add it yourself. When in edit, go to the 'objects' tab then you will see an icon on the far right second from the bottom which looks like a TV. Click that. Top row there is a laptop on the left and an ipod on a stand on the right. You want the ipod on the stand. Click this to get one out of inventory and place it where u want it. You cannot use it in edit mode, so exit edit mode and enter your room normally. Hover over the bottom section of the radio prop (not the ipod part, the stand under it, so that you get the yellow star icon appearing), left click and the radio menu will come up. You now have two options, you can either enter your own stream URL in the field using CTRL + V to paste and then hit 'play', or you can click the bar which says 'select channel' and it will take you to a second window which has a list of preselected stations by genre you can choose.

*edit* when I said "your own stream URL", I meant whatever URL u want to, not just a stream u r running/playing yourself. There are loads of music streams you can find online and you can put them in the player and have the music of your choice coming through into your room for you and your guests. Some types of URL formats do not work in this player, so it's often just hit and miss as to whether it will play or not. Paste the URL in, hit play and wait a few seconds, if nothing happens after around 6 seconds or so, you will know that URL does not work so just keep trying new ones. I don't know actually officially what type of URL formats work with this player, M3U links used to work fine and they were the ones I used but they no longer play since the player was updated, so I just experiment with links I find and see if they work and if they play fine I copy them down in a list for later on.

Edited by Rockster, 19 September 2018 - 12:08 PM.

• MnFLadyAlexa and SexyScott like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users