3DXChat Community

Cancelled - Fall Festival Room Build Contest

Mar Mohan

post-17781-0-97097000-1536510340_thumb.jpg

Fall Festival Of Homes 2018

Contestants would submit their built entries by Oct. 1 to the organizer or organizers for a Nov. 10th judging.

There would be two categories Fall or Halloween to compete in.  One entry per person in either.

It must be something you built not used from another file.

Application would be made directly to committee and no application taken after Oct.13th.

Two or Three judge panel.  

Contestant's would be given a number to add after Fall Festival of Homes #1, 2, 3, etc. to open their rooms publicly.  If you don't feel comfortable putting your room public send a PM to me.

The judges will visit each room entered and decide who the top three are during the week of Nov. 25th to Dec. 1st.

Winners will be announced/contacted during the week of December 9th - 15th.
    First place gets a 1 year prepaid subscription.

Second place gets a 6 month prepaid subscription.

Third place gets a 1 month prepaid subscription.

(There will be people asked to judge so it will be done fairly as I know a few people who have done it before.)

(If someone wishes to DJ in one of the rooms as they're being shown off, please PM me so arrangement can be made.)

Due to things being said to me regarding it, I'm solving the problem.  I was the one giving away the prepaid not the Devs but thanks.

who's cares what people say Mar it's a great Idea, and something to do around here, this contest would be Amazing, and RobT's Idea is correct , hell I will judge, I don't pick favorites, am sure there are others like me in 3D, just don't give up Mar, this is a really good idea, and something to look forward to , Just my thoughts

If you're into it, do it Mar. Don't let the Naysayers put you off.

People may or may not cry foul - but who really cares. If someone thinks about all the wrong things that can happen with something - nothing would ever get done. If they worry to much about being screwed, then don't get involved. Simple really.

Events such as these have been done in RLC for nearly a decade - and involve real money (hundreds of dollars).. No such pressure here beyond getting a few trustworthy judges and a good assortment of places. Hell you can get 5 judges if you wish and have 4 categories such as: Creativity, Originality, Desirability and Theme for example, with 1-5 points per category possible and a sum total of points for a score combined with the other judges. (just an example). Would be kinda kewl if one or a couple of the Devs were impartial judges.

Hope you change your mind. I simply don't have the time to do this; but if I can help within time constraints I would be happy too.