#621 Leeloo

Leeloo

Supreme One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in solar system

Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:28 PM

Hello, i am new and tried the test server. My question is: Are the local and world chats in the main server also filled with russians and spanish people? I mean english isn't my native language but i think it is the language which most of the people in the world understand. I think about getting an abo for the main server but honestly, not with a chat full of people i can't understand.

The normal server chat is full of russian wrinting only when it's day in russia. But most of the time, peoples tend to write in english in world chat

• Suzanne, Cassey and Jules like this

#622 Jules

Jules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:32 PM

The normal server chat is full of russian wrinting only when it's day in russia. But most of the time, peoples tend to write in english in world chat

Thank you for your help, i guess i will give it a try for one month.

#623 ExHaran

ExHaran

ℒα ᛖαᶆᶆα ᗫį ℬℴŕȡℯℓℓί

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts
  • LocationTop secret

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:24 PM

Hello, i am new and tried the test server. My question is: Are the local and world chats in the main server also filled with russians and spanish people? I mean english isn't my native language but i think it is the language which most of the people in the world understand. I think about getting an abo for the main server but honestly, not with a chat full of people i can't understand.

You and every user can use any language in any chat. Just be respectful. 

http://3dxforum.com/...ommunity-rules/

• Cassey likes this

#624 Jules

Jules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:28 PM

You and every user can use any language in any chat. Just be respectful. 

http://3dxforum.com/...ommunity-rules/

I know that there isnt a rule which push us to write in english. It is only because i tried to write in the locals and world chat on the test server and there was no chance to get a communication in english.

So my question was if the main server  have the same problem. I like to write in global chats and i always respect people, so this is an important question for me which affects if i subscribe or not.

#625 Nikki

Nikki

𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔰𝕔𝔲𝔬𝔲𝔰 𝔊𝔦𝔯𝔩

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:04 PM

I know that there isnt a rule which push us to write in english. It is only because i tried to write in the locals and world chat on the test server and there was no chance to get a communication in english.

So my question was if the main server  have the same problem. I like to write in global chats and i always respect people, so this is an important question for me which affects if i subscribe or not.

It does... You ll find territories already.

Sin Club is mostly Italian now.
Love Island is german

Beach is turkish

Fresco is russian

Yacht is french

I dont mind a few talks in native language to communicate or find like-minded people but then I think it is common sense to form a group-chat if you want to chit chat with all of your friends around. Deciding to flood local chat with native chit chat isnt really fair to everyone else. I tried to reason with them and kindly asked if they would be so kind to do a groupchat or talk in PM as was just two people talking in local in italian, but appeared like 10 people would talk. So yeah since there are no rules for that and some give a damn about general netiquette and common-sense I guess is pointless to reason. Most I ve talked to didnt wanted to be reasoned with and even made a fun of it, so there is only one true filter to deal with the small inconvinience.

Put Native-Blabbers that enjoy flooding local & world chat channels with their chatter on ignore. I know sometimes you have to put many people on the list, but the way I see it its no loss for you as they are either unwilling to communicate in a language most understand, so no real loss. Just find it funny that they feel offended once you put them on ignore, as they "Didnt do anything wrong"

• panCDCA, Suzanne and Jules like this

#626 Niblette

Niblette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:00 PM

I haven't been on the test server that much, but I get the feeling that a lot of the people on it right now don't speak English at all, and it seems like Russian is the dominate language. That's not the case at all on the main server. It seems like the community from the main server is also less active on the test server then they were a bit earlier, and that the test server is kind of over run with colders. Its not representative of how the main server is. I did notice that a lot of people now have something in their profiles about MNF Club, so I think a lot of them must be from there.

• Cassey and Jules like this

#627 ExHaran

ExHaran

ℒα ᛖαᶆᶆα ᗫį ℬℴŕȡℯℓℓί

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts
  • LocationTop secret

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:33 PM

I was on our test server. Well, it is really different. On main server you will see different languages in world chat, but not that often as on the test server. World chat mostly english and you will find the one who can speak english. Sometimes our global chat is silent(rare),it depends of your play time. Another problem that our world chat isn`t respectful sometimes. You can use ignore or just no pay attention on our trolls. They are funny sometimes. It reminds a big family with conflicts inside, but living together.

I recommend to try 1 month subscription for start. 3dxchat isn`t bad in my subjective opinion.

Have a good time.

• Jules likes this

#628 Sage Stoner

Sage Stoner

Scallywag and Rapscallion Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationTokyo Japan

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:29 AM

Deciding to flood local chat with native chit chat isnt really fair to everyone else. 

What do you think you are doing when you speak English in local chat?  Is that fair to everyone who doesn't speak English? And don't give me that "English is common language" baloney, because it isn't. 

People are entitled to speak any language they want in local chat. Period! End of story.

• ExHaran and Deeborah like this

#629 Nikki

Nikki

𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔰𝕔𝔲𝔬𝔲𝔰 𝔊𝔦𝔯𝔩

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:01 AM

What do you think you are doing when you speak English in local chat?  Is that fair to everyone who doesn't speak English? And don't give me that "English is common language" baloney, because it isn't. 

People are entitled to speak any language they want in local chat. Period! End of story.

Ah yeah isnt? Whats the most common language in the worldwide web then? Because I seem to have missed it, if it isnt english. And also I did not say people arent free to speak in any language they want. I said its common-sense and netiquette, to dont.

Oh and another facsinating comment I once got is that I am a language-racist and a narrow-minded person that only knows english so everyone has to speak it. Funny thing is that english isnt my first language even but I have common-sense how things should be done in a game where people talk online. If you dont speak english on the interwebs you are a minority because I never heard of another language that is universal communication with anyone in the world.

As I said, I dont really care, because reasoining is pointless. You talk anything else then english in local / world chat and enjoy interrupting the general chat that is going on there with your freedom of language entitelment, you end up on my ignore list. Period! End of Story.

• Jules likes this

#630 ExHaran

ExHaran

ℒα ᛖαᶆᶆα ᗫį ℬℴŕȡℯℓℓί

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts
  • LocationTop secret

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:30 PM

ah, that's a battle. that`s a question.

#631 RobPathfinder

RobPathfinder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:30 PM

Well on local or World Chat people should speak a language otherwise i will post my tanks. Fuck it i will post my tanks anyway. If people want to know what is being spoken then use a translator you nosy people. If not just don't care and post a bunny. 

#632 TheMeaganG90

TheMeaganG90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationDrexel Hill, PA

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:40 PM

My friend asked are those people in the room bots?

#633 Warp

Warp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:45 PM

Hi: How do you use a translator in world  chat and local chat?

• Cassey likes this

#634 ExHaran

ExHaran

ℒα ᛖαᶆᶆα ᗫį ℬℴŕȡℯℓℓί

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts
  • LocationTop secret

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:52 PM

left click on the message you need to translate, go to any translator, translate, write your text, translate on english by any translator,go to the game, paste in a chat box.

or...

learn english.

or...

No pay attention on language you don`t know. Use your native language, try to find people with the same language.

#635 Warp

Warp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:56 PM

there has to got to be a way to do this automatically.

#636 ExHaran

ExHaran

ℒα ᛖαᶆᶆα ᗫį ℬℴŕȡℯℓℓί

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts
  • LocationTop secret

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:57 PM

Every user of main server paid for subscription the same money(they had the same choice) and every user has the same rights. That's fair.

• Nitroo likes this

#637 Cassey

Cassey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:31 AM

Hi!

If you like to use a translator on occasion like me, I figured out a way, but maybe there's another way someone knows.

I press ctrl alt delete and then click cancel to get back to the desktop then can open web browser to translator.

#638 Alliehotass

Alliehotass

Bamboozla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:26 AM

Hi!

If you like to use a translator on occasion like me, I figured out a way, but maybe there's another way someone knows.

I press ctrl alt delete and then click cancel to get back to the desktop then can open web browser to translator.

Try ALT+ TAB :)

• ExHaran, Deeborah, Aliviax and 1 other like this

#639 Warp

Warp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:12 PM

Thanks guys for your input info.Using an outside translator is a pain to me, plus you would not be able to keep with the conversation in the first place, it should be done automatically in the game.This is a worldwide game.

#640 Jules

Jules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:54 PM

Put Native-Blabbers that enjoy flooding local & world chat channels with their chatter on ignore. I know sometimes you have to put many people on the list, but the way I see it its no loss for you as they are either unwilling to communicate in a language most understand, so no real loss. Just find it funny that they feel offended once you put them on ignore, as they "Didnt do anything wrong"

Thank you all for your answers and thank you Nikki for the tip. I was just wondering because in the Testserver world chat were only either russian or spanish people talking. I can live with this solution :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users