3DXChat Community

Fall Festival Of Homes 2018

THX

Fall-Festival-of-Homes-Logo.png

I had been planning on a running an event called "Fall Festival Of Homes 2018 and find I simply do not have the free time to organize this event. I am hoping some find it interesting and run it. I'd love to see the winners. The concept is based on since there are many decorates building in 3DX now, entrants could showcase their abilities at creating fall themed houses/ Halloween theme.

Here is the Idea as an outline example.

Fall Festival Of Homes 2018

• Contestants would submit their entries by Oct. 1 to the organizer or organizers for a Oct. 29th judging.
  • There would be two categories Fall or Halloween to compete in.
  • One entry per person in either. Application would be made directly to committee and no application taken after Oct.1.
  • Three judge panel minimum for judging.  
  • Contestant's would be given a number to add after Fall Festival of Homes #1, 2, 3, etc. to open their rooms publicly and the judges given a chance to visit them before winners would be announced.
  • Winner receives some kinda of award or prize.
  • First, Second and Third place along with Honorable Mention.

Additional musing:

Contact the Dev's and see if they would be willing to provide some type of prize. Maybe 1 month subscription to winner. It may be in their interst cause then they can take pictures of what the world editor has brought to 3DX for their own marketing purposes.

Contact Dev's about making an official event poster placed somewhere with high visibility.

Well, that's the outline. Hope to inspire someone.

I'll pull this thread to that one and then go from there so people can post when they have their entries and then give the name off the room when they have it open to be seen.  I know another site when they did the competition they have given the file to the admins through an attachment and then the two judges went through each room and made a decision from there.  I can wait to see what everyone comes up with.

There are several ways to do this. I'd suggest an odd number of judges and perhaps show submissions over the course of a week due to time zones and schedules.

The idea of one person having all the layouts is great in one way, but some may not want to give copies and would prefer to just host them themselves at an appointed time.

However, if all agreed to that - a single member of your team could at a pre-determined time, run each submission one after another at equal time  for say 5 - 10 mins each over the span of around an hour a few times at least in a week through different time zones.  Then judges and anyone interested in seeing all of them could see them all in a reasonably short amount of time.

Obviously this depends on how many submissions you get.

Just an idea.

• 3 weeks later...