24 replies to this topic

#21 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:03 AM

I don't want to start from scratch every time I build  .... I want the room to save in the state it is in  ... not containing the past history of all the props  .. slowly growing over time :(

I've never heard of that happening, all I have learnt is about the duplication when someone uses Rochies dll and I mentioned that because the props get larger and larger in size due to the overlay of the same prop in the same place but never knowing they are there, which is why I mentioned it because it sounds similar. -Growing file size with the same things (at least you think they are) in the room. But if that is not what is happening I have no idea what it could be.

#22 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:10 AM

I've never heard of that happening, all I have learnt is about the duplication when someone uses Rochies dll and I mentioned that because the props get larger and larger in size due to the overlay of the same prop in the same place but never knowing they are there, which is why I mentioned it because it sounds similar. -Growing file size with the same things (at least you think they are) in the room. But if that is not what is happening I have no idea what it could be.

Thanks  ... hopefully Gizmo will read this  

#23 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:48 AM

Solved  ... will explain ..... in a bit  :D

• Rockster likes this

#24 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:14 AM

OK   it was my fault  ... when I first started using World editor 'save selected to file' didn't work   .... a bad habit was formed  :(

... when I want an object I delete everything except the object/s I want (sometimes move them) then save to file .  This has been increasing the file sizes.

So the fix  .... The table I had that was 606 kb I selected it and rather than save to 'save to file' I saved to 'save selected to file'

The file went from 606 kb to 5 kb  :D

I then selected my whole island that was 1,294 kb and saved as above it is now 89 kb ... YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY and editing is lightening fast  :D

• Rockster and JenC like this

#25 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:17 AM

glad it's sorted. :-)))

• sputnik likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users