3DXChat Community

Pixel Art and images in 3DX

Halderim

post-101-0-75413500-1533120420_thumb.jpg

I am working on a program at the moment that makes it possible to create a world file from a image. To showcase what is possible to do and maybe use it as some sort of image for my rooms. 

For now its possible to translate any image into a group of blocks ... each pixel is a block inside the 3dx world.

Default size is 1 px = 1 meter scaling down is already possible.

My goal is to have some desktop program to create those world files with scaling options and some more comfort features.

As soon as the program is in a state so everyone may use it I will release it to the public. Until then I will show what I am doing right now and will open my room as some kind of museum.

Current Version 0.0.1

- Translate any image to a world file

- transparency can be used to hide pixels in the world

- scaling images so every pixel/block is smaller then 1x1x1 meter

Known issues in Version 0.0.1:

larger images won't load into the editor the maximum at the moment I could load into 3DX in a decent amount of time was 6700 blocks (100 x 67 pixels)

WIP Version 0.0.2:

- optimizing the blocks so pixels with the same color are one single block to reduce the amount of objects used to create an image

Issues in Development:

- Positioning of multipixel blocks because the position of a block is related to its center 

I am open to any features or ideas.

There are a few programs that do that type of thing. I think that for whatever reason the idea just never became that popular.

http://northprojectz.com/3dxtest20/index.php?/topic/107-download-3dxworldpicture-world-format/

http://northprojectz.com/3dxtest20/index.php?/topic/103-download-naughty-designer-ii/

There is at least one other basic one around as well in addition to the one I made and TamaraX made. I think that it would be nice if you made it work in a bit different way then the others or had new features they don't have.

Well wanna feature Pixie art, team up with a room maker. Focus on one thing have them focus on the surroundings. 

post-10231-0-65980800-1533239459_thumb.png

The howling wolf was made by Morgaine, someone that I believe is a better room builder that me. The Room itself has been given to others to use or alter kind of like a default home. So far I have been extremely impressed with how some other amazing builders have redo or alter the room to fit them. But that howling wolf, is one thing people have not altered. So you can imagine what one can do with pixels and a room, if you can't, then team up with a room builder.Two visions becoming one.. that would be an awesome sight to see.