3DXChat Community

A better way to resolve the Pandora issue without losing the full iggy

Twiggy

One thing how multi accounts can be used. Its from another game but partially it can be used here(I don't think someone use it in 3dx,but just an example). One of owners of land/sim where I live use few accounts. Its long story, but one day he said me about one of them. One day someone from our land started to attack me by scripted stuff. It was something like tons of bombs. It nice i have not bad PC, so I wasn't crashed. I checked who was on our land, wrote to his/owners alt about problem and he solved the problem. New persons with bad behavior, trolls etc, thinks that owner isn't online and starts to do a bad things against another person just for having fun. It is hidden attack and only owner can check who is this badass. So, in this situation multi accounts using in a good way to detect a bad person, because that bad one can make other people feel bad, people will leave that place and owner will loose the real money.

Just an example.

For me its simple if the room dont have trance i leave :) i dont care if a room has 1 person if it has trance ill stay :)

Β 

Everyone has their fav genres, but most people are open to many forms of music. I think if you focus only on 1 genre then you are missing out on some great music.

As far as using alt accounts to fill rooms, I don't really see the issue with it. It's not harming anyone, and much like real life, people with more money can do things the rest of us can't. it's not fair, but life isn't fair in that respect. Never has been and never will be.Β Β 

Hmm, is going to be interesting when the so called update comes out.

It is not really an update, as it appears none of it will be included on the current server/game.

So you will need to go to the new server to get any of it, where Gizmo has said you can take your old avis in there or create new ones.

My feelings on that, if you take your old avis in there, the people behind Pandora will likely be ready to match up all those avis with the data thay have and gain all the new IDs allotted to those avis.

I also feel there will be a lot of people go in there making entirely new avis not letting people know who they are, doesn't mean all of them will be up to no good, but I think lots will.

I wonder just how many people are going to keep going in there, and even how many people will not even bother.

Something that would be interesting to see, would be a comparison between how many would go in and stay, if it was just set up with only one avi slot.

Plus that would do a lot more to stop Pandora in it's tracks.

From what Gizmo said that our account will be moved into the new server once the testing of it is done.Β  Not sure if Pandora would still have access to that information once the update is in full force because of a different server and ID.

Β 

As far as multiple accounts go I think they might be more common then people think, but most of the people who I have heard that have them are trolls or DJ who are using them to fill their rooms. I know that is more common then some people thing. I kind of think that at the end of the day what matters is how they are using them. I am sure there are shady people who use them though and having more then a few seems shady, but I think that people who change their alts a lot are not really something I worry to much about.

WC is a very good example of that.Β  I'm a DJ on there and I have only one account and I don't ask my friends to bring themselves or others into the room.Β  I'm there to DJ and have fun with the users in the room that have taken time to come listen to the music I'm playing.

Β 

isn't that shady too?

Not that I agree with it but hey if they're not talking shit on someone and that's all their doing.Β  It doesn't make sense to me to do that when you can just move it up, play good music and interact with the people in the room, you won't need to have another account to do that.

Β 

My experience with opening rooms is that once you get ten people in them they tend to fill up a lot easier. I think that a lot of the popular DJ's and room owners do that or have friends who have a number of accounts in order to get the room started otherwise it might take an hour or more before enough people join. Its way worse since they changed how rooms are bumped now that it cost 300 gold and you drop to the bottom of the list. I know of a number of DJ's and room owners who I have heard have 6~10 accounts so it cant be that rare. I think that for some people being a popular DJ or room owner matters a lot and yes its shady. I cant see any other reason for have a large number of accounts active at the same time.

I'm a DJ on there and I have only one account and I don't ask my friends to bring themselves or others into the room.Β  I'm there to DJ and have fun with the users in the room that have taken time to come listen to the music I'm playing.Β  Not that I agree with it but hey if they're not talking shit on someone and that's all their doing.Β  It doesn't make sense to me to do that when you can just move it up, play good music and interact with the people in the room, you won't need to have another account to do that.

Β 

Yes I agree, I look for rooms with a certain vibe and it really doesn't depend much on the number of people that are there.

My experience, the rooms that become popular and end up constantly having people go there is because of the people that frequent that room.

I have seen rooms with over 100 people in them where it has been boring, the local chat was all things like, "lets party" "everybody dance" and not anything really creative and generating much fun, these rooms more often than not do not last that long.

There are DJs that are popular not only because they play good music, but also because they have a following of people that know how to have fun, and they follow that Dj to what ever room they play in.

A good DJ realises that it is not only the music they play, but is also they need people that will generate fun in local chats and bring others into that fun.

When I go into a room, I look to see what is going on in local chat, I see if it is creative or not and listen to the music being played.

I don't really care to much about the number of people in there, if it looks like people are having fun in there I will stay, if not I look elsewhere.

So have I.Β  When I'm in a room I look for the interaction of the room, I don't care how many are in there.Β  If you have a dead room in local you won't keep people there unless the room design is good and/or music even with a DJ.

The bold is my exact thought as I shared that above.Β  I've had over 150+ people in a room when I was in there DJing but the fun part is interacting with the users that come in and having fun while doing it, even if it's just dancing.Β  Others may be using the room for other things but I dance and joke about, even make fun if I fuck up while DJing, that's what keeps the users attention.

Β 

To my comment earlier about a few I know that have multiple accounts.Β  When I said about them I do know of one that didn't like the fact that someone else was with another person but who are we to judge if they do the very same thing the other is doing.Β  I have one account with 3 avis, I don't need anymore even though I could afford it because I don't see the point in it.Β  I know others that have a second account some use it to play around some use it for building so they can check things.Β  I have 3 female avis, So I ask a male friend to help with some things to check a pose on how the male sits as Bob doesn't do that and I use Bob to check the poses for couples.

• 2 weeks later...

i got a question whats a pandora aside from being a box all the evils of the world were supposed to be kept in.Β  Really i am a fairly tech illiterate

Β 

Pandora was a website setup by someone that has recorded all the information available on players in 3DXChat.

Not our private information like email addresses or credit card details, but it does have the names of all the avis we have used since it was introduced, it also has things like pictures we have posted to our profiles, even after they have been deleted.

There was a thread on it, but I think it may have been deleted.

Basically the main thing that it does that people are concerned about is it enables you to be able to enter an avi name and find out the alts on that account.

It is not just that, no? I understand that there is a way false connections can be made between characters in Pandora. There is also the way some people use this data. I hope the new update will solve this problem. I am waiting to test the update when the test server comes on line again.

It is not just that, no? I understand that there is a way false connections can be made between characters in Pandora. There is also the way some people use this data. I hope the new update will solve this problem. I am waiting to test the update when the test server comes on line again.

Β 

I haven't heard anything about false connections being able to be made in it, and if you mean it like would mix up who's avis were who's while collecting its data I would doubt that.

But I have seen screenshots posted in this forum that could have easily been photoshopped to show what ever anyone wanted.

Also we have no idea who is behind Pandora, it could be a player or players in the game who could manipulate the data any way they want to show anyone they want to look good or bad.

Anything like that created outside the game, 3rd party, you can't trust to be completely above board with what it shows.

And that is mostly the reason I have been against it, even though it does have some good points.

Are you thinking when someone deletes the avi (name) and then someone else creates it so when searching the name you see two different accounts to that name?Β  Reason I say this I know someone who deleted their avi (name) and then someone else made it so that anyone else couldn't make it until the person wanted it back.Β  There are also people who move an avi to another account for whatever reason.Β  I years ago deleted Mar but redid it so I had the name when I made a new avi.

Β 

From what I've been told, you can pay to have your account hidden on there so no one can see anything.

Are you thinking when someone deletes the avi (name) and then someone else creates it

Β 

I can confirm that this does, in fact, happen. I know of a situation where someone recently created a character named XYZ, to which Pandora has associated gifts from 2015. And it is very clear from the language used in the messages included with the gifts that the someone who is now XYZ is not the same someone who was XYZ back in 2015.Β 

Β 

So, yes, much of the information available from Pandora is either incomplete or incorrectly attributed.Β 

• 2 months later...

There has been a lot of talk in the upcoming updates thread about what Gizmo announced will be included in the next update.

He says to battle the use of Pandora he is having to do certain things, one of which is to remove the full iggy feature.

The reason for this is because the full iggy feature allows Pandora to gain access to our account ids.

When we click on "Ignore" the server sends us information that allows us to put all the avis on a players account on iggy.

The account id of the player you are putting on iggy is sent to us inside that information, so then when we click to have the ignore go through, the scripting at the server end can find all that players avis to place the ignore.

Pandora uses this to gain the account id which it then uses to gather information it stores on all of us.

Β 

Gizmo plans to do 2 things, one is to give every alt we create a unique ID, and the other is to drop the full account ignore and go back to just having the ignore go on the avi you have selected to ignore.

This means we will loose a lot of the protection we have now from people who look to use alts to do things we wpould object to.

Not only will we have to place 3 ignores on a person to cover his full account, we will now be left with no means of finding out who is behind the alts that are doing things that we do not like.

Β 

I can understand that Gizmo wants to battle Pandora, but I think he is going the wrong way about it.

There are better ways where he can achieve the same result where we will not have to loose the full iggy feature.

Β 

At the moment the method for full iggy is...

Β 

We click on the player or his name in a list and select ignore, the request is sent to the server where it sends back the information required for the next step and brings that control up on our screen.

That information includes the account id of the player you are looking to ignore.

You complete which iggy you want and click ok, that information is sent to the server where a scrip finds all the avis on that account from the account id supplied.

It then places them in your iggy list, with only the avi you selected showing n your list.

Β 

Β 

This is what I feel to be the best way and would not be hard to implement where we could still have the full iggy feature....

Β 

We click on the player or his name in a list and select ignore, the request is sent to the server where it sends back the information required for the next step and brings that control up on our screen.

Instead of the server finding the account id and sending that back to us, it finds it and places it in a database along with a randomly generated reference number.

The information sent back to us then includes the reference number and not the account id.

You complete which iggy you want and click ok, that information is sent to the server where a scrip finds all the avis on that account by first using the reference number to get the account id from the database.

It then does the same as it does now to place the ignore on all the avis in that account.

Β 

This will prevent Pandora from being able to get the account ids using the full iggy feature, without having to remove it from the game.

This is actually smart

It seems to me that a large point may be being missed here.Β  I am a realist and deal in what is, not what should or could be (and let me say that I expect no one to feel the same).Β  Words mean very little to me, its the actions of a person or entity that I pay attention to.Β  By his actions, both by removing pandora and the account wide iggy function, Gizmo has shown that the privacy of his customers is foremost important to him.Β  I personally applaud this.Β  I have stated many times that I have expectations of the people who choose to interact with me, and personally think some of the things people do to each other using alts are dispicable.Β  However, I dont think the actions of those few should dictate that all others privacy be intruded upon.Β  We have the ability to create 3 characters on our accounts, so having alts, is both acceptable and encouraged by the devs.Β  Or that function simply wouldnt be there.Β  I absolutely get that an account wide iggy function makes it easier to protect yourself from these dispicables.Β  The ability to use it to suss out alts, even of people that are not in that category, however is an invasion of their privacy.

Personally I think that an account wide ignore is problematic since it will always provide an avenue for a program like Pandora to link accounts up no matter how it was implemented. I have been thinking about it a bit though, and maybe an idea is to make it so its part of the friend list instead. It could work like this if you add someone to you friends list who has an alt on your ignore list after both parties have accepted a popup would appear that says that the person you just added as a friend has an alt on your ignore list. It wouldn't necessarily even need to say who it is on your ignore list although it could. It seems to me like that would be fair, and not provide a way for something like Pandora to work since the check would only happen after both parties agreed to it.