#41 Felia

Felia

Felia ♡ Chloe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:12 AM

I would suggest we all stick to the subject. I find personal hostility inappropriate here. Twiggy explains it on a technical level. who knows it better or can argue, ok very gladly. I can't do it. That's why I said Pandora is a hacking program and needs to be removed. I am also in favour of not changing the account iggy into a character iggy. We need protection from stalkers and mindfucker. this is the only way to make the 3DX world bearable for us.  I hope, you understand my school english  :P 

665830.gif

• chloe, JessicaX, Oliver Cream and 1 other like this

#42 Felia

Felia

Felia ♡ Chloe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:27 AM

I have not seen where Twiggy said anything about her knowing how to run a business better than Gizmo. What I have seen is her proposing an idea that is very sound in logic because I too work with databases at work and what she has provided has a lot of merit and makes sense and is not bullshit. But a few people jump to conclusions and shoot it down> Instead of expecting her to provide examples and proof of why it world work, why don't you all show why it would not work?

I don't point this at you personally Sage. I did go back and read and I have not seen Twiggy say anything about running a business better than Gizmo. Providing information on how to improve a product for the greater good is hardly the same as telling someone how to run a business. She is attempting to provide a solution to blocking Pandora and keeping account wide ignore. 

It seems there are a handful of people who REALLY are against account wide ignore. I will ask all of you this one question and would like for you to provide a logical answer.

If there is a way to both block Pandora and keep account wide ignore, how is that not the best solution, as opposed to each avi having to be ignored separately?

Some of you will come out and try to say nothing is 100% secure, or that you can just ignore each avi individually, or that it's not a big deal either way, or that people can just buy a new account. Those are not reasons, those are smoke screens to try and divert attention away from the problem and garner trust in a system that is vastly inferior and will cause more harm than good. Myself and many others are not dumb and see right through the bullshit. One major reason for the hate of account wide ignore because it gets in the way of some peoples mind fuck games.

So let's hear ONE good reason why individual ignore is superior to account wide ignore, providing that Pandora can also be blocked. 

i haven't read a positive argument for changing the iggy system, neither here in this thread nor in the upcoming updates 2018 thread. Trolling and dangerous half-knowledge has been the only argumentation for the change of the iggy system so far.  :rolleyes: 

• chloe likes this

#43 MeiLing

MeiLing

The fool who dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts
  • LocationMeiHenge

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:53 AM

Blocking Pandora is the main argument. Is it trolling to say this? For then Gizmo is trolling his own forum. 

• Felia likes this

#44 Felia

Felia

Felia ♡ Chloe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:18 AM

Blocking Pandora is the main argument. Is it trolling to say this? For then Gizmo is trolling his own forum. 

I agree with you, Pandora is illegal and must be technically blocked. However, to buy with the price of changing the Iggy system is a false and fatal way.

• chloe and JessicaX like this

#45 chloe

chloe

♫ Queen of Bass ♫

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts
  • Location❤ Felia ❤

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:31 PM

Twiggy had a nice idea... but in my eyes even a random id is not required to still have an account wide ban.

Lets say we have the new system Gizmo is planning, means all Avatars have an unique ID and no player ID is transmitted. What prevents the server from filtering?

The system still keep a player ID but this ID will never be transferred to the client. Instead the server filters out all actions from Avatars from those players you have on iggy, means those commands get never executed, will never arrive on the client side.

Right now the client is doing the filtering but I wonder why. maybe it is simpler, it is more performant (since the server does not need to do the work for each player) BUT... it is possible. So we can keep account wide blocking and lock out Pandora.

Sure this would mean the server side needs some redesign and maybe it is already to late since the new version is coming but... maybe the account wide banning could be added later as an ban option (3rd option ban all current and further avatars of this player ^^).

Pros:

- Account wide banning

- All avatars have an unique ID

- no player ID is transmitted to the client

- Pandora cant link Avatars to eachother anymore

Cons:

- Server needs to do the filtering

The con can also be a pro ... right now it is still possible with the help of a hack DLL to send gifts to blocked avatars. If the server does the filtering this is no longer possible. That means even more privacy and less trolling :)

Oh and it is no longer possible to see the local chat from blocked people (I know there are hacks out there which enable this). That's cheating in my eyes. If I iggy somebody I don't want that this person:

- is able to read what I write

- can enter my rooms

- can send me gifts

And the same is true if I did the iggy :)

• Felia, Tauri, JessicaX and 1 other like this

#46 Aliviax

Aliviax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:14 PM

Maybe gizmo things that with one stone hits 2 birds bird one is Pandora bird 2 more money from ppl spam alts.
He runs a business n he prolly wants money to create stuff now that the competition is rising.

So I think unless u not propose him ideas that earns him money n same time keep most his clients happy u not gonna have any luck.

Money ftw ;)

#47 JessicaX

JessicaX

Protector of Bacon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:36 AM

Unfortunately I think Alivia is correct.

#48 rhet

rhet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:17 PM

Hmm, you say it might be a bit nit picky, I actually find what you have said rather insulting.

I would say that form of developement you talk about you do has nothing to do with scripting or databases.

Otherwise you would know that what I have put in my post is correct, it will not involve much scripting, it is fairly basic and simple sxripting that is the type of scripting done in very much any program that addresses databases.

It would not matter what coding is being used or what database type is being used, they all cater for this type of thing, it is just standard scripting and database requirements.

I actually am part owner in a business where we use Unity 5 for part of what we do.

We supply our clients with a tool where they let their own customers use that tool for viewing of the product we offer.

From that, having been the person that did most of the designing of that I understand quite a deal f what can and can't be done.

We have been doing this for 3 years and in that time making alterations to what we supply with that tool to perfect it.

Not only the tool itself but also how it interacts with our server, the system we have built around it.

While we were setting this up, and still do actually, I loved hearing from not only my clients but also their customers any suggestions of better ways to do things.

Not once did I take offence to any suggestions made, even now I do not.

And the ones I liked hearing from most were people that had knowledge on what could be done or ways things we had done could be improved.

Without those suggestions we would most definitely not have ended up with the product we have now.

I am sorry you find it annoying when people make suggestions of better ways to do things, even in what you do.

You must be one of these people that always finds the best solution and never makes mistakes without any input from your clients.

Gizmo is like anyone else, he makes mistakes and he knows that.

One thing I will give him credit for is he does look in these forums and take ideas from them, he has shown that lots of times, especially when it comes to scripting and better ways to go about things he is working on.

I do not think he is one who gets annoyed because people make suggestions of better ways he could go about something he is working on.

My suggestion to you rhet, do a little research and find out a little on what you are talking about before you make comments like you have.

I'm sorry that you felt insulted. That wasn't my intent whatsoever, but you really shouldn't assume what other people do or don't understand.

I also write code for a living, although not in PHP (and I'd hope that gizmo is not running the backend in PHP since it has been demonstrated to be compromised for years now, most LAMP operations moved to Python years ago). If you are still running in PHP I'd suggest that you do a bit of research into the widespread vulnerabilities in PHP. A quick CVE search found 5,935 vulnerabilities related to PHP as of today. (Python has 251. Perl has 283, despite being vastly older than PHP.)  https://cve.mitre.org

Typically I am writing in bash, Python, Puppet, or Ansible to configure large compute clusters and backend storage involved in research and development (Around 300 nodes and 2.5 petabytes of associated storage). It's a vastly different animal, but it does involve a lot of database queries and a lot of scripting.

You try to portray me as less professional than I am here, despite knowing next-to-nothing about me and that is a ton more insulting than anything I said to you. Of course I take input from my users. We do that in requirements meetings and support tickets. What I don't do is let them micromanage my work, if I entertained every researcher's notion of how I'm wrong I'd have no time to actually get my job done. Much the same as if gizmo would entertain every bit of criticism on the forum.

My point was not that you have no idea what you're talking about, I'm sure you're quite effective in what you do. My point was that the configuration on the opposite end might be vastly different than what any of us are used to dealing with. I would not know how to manage your PHP operation, and I can assure you that you wouldn't know how to manage my research environment. Assuming you can query any database effectively or operate in any environment without understanding the associated data structures and methodologies is, however, what I would call arrogant.

Maybe you do understand exactly what gizmo is doing, but I think if you really wanted to effect change it would be more productive to message gizmo directly, and have a discussion with the person actually handling the code, rather than criticize his work publicly. Otherwise it just looks like you're trying to impress people.

• ExHaran and Mar Mohan like this

#49 RobT

RobT

Optimus Prime

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,827 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:37 PM

How exactly is the new way making him more money? People buying new accounts would make him more money because its not a one time purchase, you pay monthly and you cannot make a new account with xgold like you can alts so if it was strictly about making more money it stands to reason he would leave as is.

My guess would be that he is tired about hearing about pandora and also that someone is making money off his game

#50 Camden

Camden

Queen of Everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:35 AM

Rob, Giz himself said it will make him money. My guess is that the convenience of just paying for an alt versus creating a new account may increase the number of alts, thus more money. Whereas right now there’s only a few morons paying for two accounts or more:

Rhet, I was waiting for your response as form development most def applies to storing user information as it applies to databases and scripting those databases. So I was a little puzzled at that response.

#51 RobT

RobT

Optimus Prime

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,827 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:36 AM

Rob, Giz himself said it will make him money. My guess is that the convenience of just paying for an alt versus creating a new account may increase the number of alts, thus more money. Whereas right now there’s only a few morons paying for two accounts or more:

i would disagree about the number of people who have multiple accounts, I think its much higher than you think. hell, i happen to know one guy who has 10 and rotates them monthly. i also think 3dx wont make more money because the ones who do have multiple accounts will no longer need to and just stick with one thus not having to pay monthly on it . for 24 dollars you can buy 20k in xgold, thats two alts for pretty much the same price as an account and you can keep them for as long as you want. I would be interested to know if after this has went into place, a year from now what the difference dollar wise it is. I suspect its not going to change, i could be wrong but it would be interesting to know

#52 Bridget_Cleary

Bridget_Cleary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:13 AM

Why would anyone have more than one account, let alone 10? You get three alts, you can change them as your game play changes. I find I can't spend my xGold and it just builds up and up.

• Vaughan_Rarius likes this

#53 Sage Stoner

Sage Stoner

Scallywag and Rapscallion Extraordinaire

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationTokyo Japan

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:36 AM

Why would anyone have more than one account, let alone 10? 

Why would you even ask such a question?

#54 Vaughan_Rarius

Vaughan_Rarius

Master V

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:30 AM

Why would anyone have more than one account, let alone 10? You get three alts, you can change them as your game play changes. I find I can't spend my xGold and it just builds up and up.

If you are feeling generous, you can always buy me profile pic slots ...  I have got to the ridiculously expensive ones now ...  lol

No?  mmm  ...  it was just a hopeful thought   :P

#55 Bridget_Cleary

Bridget_Cleary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:51 AM

Shouldn't it be Vaughan Rarius buying me rediculously expensive items? Diamonds are a girl's best friend, we are told.

• Vaughan_Rarius likes this

#56 Vaughan_Rarius

Vaughan_Rarius

Master V

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:09 PM

Shouldn't it be Vaughan Rarius buying me rediculously expensive items? Diamonds are a girl's best friend, we are told.

Absolutely....  For you

sS6GHvv.jpg

#57 RobT

RobT

Optimus Prime

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,827 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:28 PM

same reason someone would make countless forum alts, rage and quit forums just to make another one to replace the one that left i suppose. who knows what evil lurks in the heart of man.... Only the shadow knows

• Xandisweet likes this

#58 Camden

Camden

Queen of Everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:53 AM

i would disagree about the number of people who have multiple accounts, I think its much higher than you think. hell, i happen to know one guy who has 10 and rotates them monthly. i also think 3dx wont make more money because the ones who do have multiple accounts will no longer need to and just stick with one thus not having to pay monthly on it . for 24 dollars you can buy 20k in xgold, thats two alts for pretty much the same price as an account and you can keep them for as long as you want. I would be interested to know if after this has went into place, a year from now what the difference dollar wise it is. I suspect its not going to change, i could be wrong but it would be interesting to know

That’s a lot of damn time on ones hands. Sheesh. It’d be interesting to know. I think it’s more convenient to pay for 24K to buy two slots then another 24K, as you don’t have to make up different email addresses. However, if you buy ten accounts three slots will never be enough.

#59 RobT

RobT

Optimus Prime

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,827 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:24 AM

10 seems a little drastic lol. I can barely remember my password now but lets say someone bought two when they had xmas sale. Thats basiclly like buying one for a year at reg price

#60 ExHaran

ExHaran

ℒα ᛖαᶆᶆα ᗫį ℬℴŕȡℯℓℓί

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationTop secret

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:16 AM

"right now there’s only a few morons paying for two accounts or more"

Under "morons" I understand that people who cause a trouble. On my opinion it is true. Just few morons cause that troubles. I know a guy who has around 8-10 accounts, but today he doing nothing bad. So, he is not in those very "few" percent.

Just for make it clear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users