3DXChat Community

World Chat Diaries. How the World Turns?

PerfectStorm

The first time I was here would have been about three maybe four years ago. Lasted about a month. The place IS beautiful and its graphics are the best but at that time it just wasn't a good 'fit' for me. So I moved on to other things and then recently came back. 

Of course I found the forums. As a user of other virtual worlds I was aware that the forums are a good way to get answers to questions. You are all really great teachers BTW.  So I decided this time around the block of 3DX I would give it a real try. I would look around and explore and see what this place has. The addition of the World Editor shot this place to the top of virtual worlds although I don't build I do appreciate others creativity. 

I also like to chat. After all that is what a place like this boils down to for me. Chatting with other people and having a few laughs. So I jumped on in and I actively participate in World Chat. Well gaaaaaaahdayum!!  There are people of every variety in that chat box! It's incredible! 

As active forum people you will all know I posted a few things in regards to how things work around here with respect to devs and mods and the TOS etc etc etc. I made a post specifically about an afternoon I spent chatting in World. 

Seems a couple someones got their feelings all bruised.  Now let's be clear those someones are the most notorious trolls of World Chat so I got quite the giggle when I logged in today and found myself iggied by one ... although I always thought when you iggied someone you forgot about them you dont hide behind an iggy and continue talk shit about them knowing they can't see it... THAT is hilarious! 

The other person (pretty sure he is off his meds) has decided I am someone named Simon. I am not sure who Simon is or what the big deal is about him but I am supposed to be him. He says he used Pandora to discover this. As Maury Povich would tell you ... the lie detector has proven THAT is a lie. 

I guess what I find so funny is the big bad trolls that take great pleasure in poking and pushing other ppls buttons now sit behind an iggy and the age old .. you a man... all cuz of lil ole me making a post bout shit they spout in an open chat box. 

So that's episode 1 of As the World Chat Turns. Stay tuned!! :)  (Name of this show subject to change) I am also considering 

My Adventures in World Chat. 

Hey Storm,

I know you are a fighter and dislike using the ignore button; but trolls seam to never quit. There comes a point whereby they eventually wreck your 3DX experience and/or even drive you away from the game.

I recommend not giving them energy by responding to them because attention is what they are after. Why give them what they want? Why allow them to wear you down. You may think not but really they are little by little.

There is a growing number of people that don't bother to respond to their temper tantrums and many putting them on ignore. Hopefully, eventually there will be enough of us whereby the will shut up or just go away.

Rambo

World Chat is full of the everyday drama people come on to forget about.  I comment here and there and it's best to have a fuck off attitude when in WC.  People who ignore you will still talk shit as they always have and always will if they see someone say something to you that seems to be the trigger.  For me I got no problems with people, play your game but leave me the fuck out of it if I have nothing to do with you.  There are some who have to constantly talk shit on others, so it's best to ignore that shit and move on, they're not worth commenting back.

Guest Stefia

save the humanity, iggy the trolls! The trooll have no sence when nobody answer them they only search attention :)

and yet you have made three or four separate  threads about this very subject, are you sure it doesnt bother you?

Actually no it doesn't. I have chosen to become the very thing I talk about. ;) Honestly it's bugging someone else.  Yes I am being a shit. 

Each individual post was actually done as an individual thought. It happened that it all melded into one basic premise. Hence the World Chat diary. 

One thing I have really found here as opposed to other virtual worlds. I have no 'connection' to it. The place is stunning to look at.  I do enjoy the open chat on most occassions but I haven't found myself invested in it really in anyway.  I really don't take things here personal. I am however shocked at some things.  Like that there isn't really a code of conduct or anything. I am actually figuring out my winding mind on whether I find it a good or bad thing. 

Oh,no! Someone has a female alt, someone has a male alt. Catastrophe, apocalipsis! Pandorians are coming! World will fall. *laughs*

It's kinda someone's character is telling us about something. How is pandora can be something like a "lie detector" today?  Seriously?  :huh:

Dear Diary... Final entry. 

Real life has kept me crazy busy this past week or so and I haven't had the opportunity to really log in and participate and I discovered I don't miss it. lol   I stated in a thread before I had bought a one year sub which doesn't run out til February but I figure I will chalk it up to a loss.  

You have all been great and I wish you all the best this world (virtual and reality) has to offer.  (Even you Jimmy) lol 

And I am very aware of what the response to this will be. Go for it. I won't be reading it so I won't know. lol 

One thing I have noticed in these forums, is trolls make troll alts to troll themselves and argue with themselves, kind of amusing but pitiful.

I haven't really looked much at world chat lately, does this go on in there to ?

Dear Diary... Final entry.

Real life has kept me crazy busy this past week or so and I haven't had the opportunity to really log in and participate and I discovered I don't miss it. lol I stated in a thread before I had bought a one year sub which doesn't run out til February but I figure I will chalk it up to a loss.

You have all been great and I wish you all the best this world (virtual and reality) has to offer. (Even you Jimmy) lol

And I am very aware of what the response to this will be. Go for it. I won't be reading it so I won't know. lol

A pity, PS, haven't got to know you as much as I would like to have. I enjoyed our (although few ) conversations and wish you all the best.