3DXChat Community

New Question maybe controversial topic?

PerfectStorm

So any of you that do any chatting in World Chat will know .... JimmyJuice/Yalun/Fappo/AaronMcFappin/SheldonCooper  and a host of other alts at any given time. As a rule people like this are not a bother to me. I often find them amusing. Today Aaron decided to cross a line with his rhetoric.  This person is purposely and willfully misogynistic and spews bigotry on a daily basis. So SS and report right? I did. It also seems to me that nobody involved with this place ever actually sees it I feel like I report racially charged nicknames far too often. Yes ... yes I am THAT person. I usually say live and let live but we all know there are lines that you do not cross anywhere at anytime. There are plenty of groups for ppl like that. 

Of course Aaron McFappin laughs cuz its no big deal to him. I put out the question in World Chat ... exactly why is it that devs can't just perma ban a person that is THIS much a problem to every person they come across? Aaron informs me " They don't do such things to big spenders" "We get lil slaps on the wrist"

Yes I have all the SS of this conversation. 

So my question is ... is this true? Devs do nothing to ppl like this because they spend a lot of money? Second part of this question is ... how much money would I need to spend here to have something done about him?  

They take action, but most just get 24 hour bans - somebody who opened a room with a banned topic informed me of this. I'm supremely confident serious offenders see their account cancelled. I'm a tad confused as you mentioned you report racially charged names 'often'. I'm struggling to think of any I've seen lately so it may be you are a bit prissy?

So any of you that do any chatting in World Chat will know .... JimmyJuice (Is not the following as they are a different person.) /Yalun/Fappo/AaronMcFappin/SheldonCooper and a host of other alts at any given time. As a rule people like this are not a bother to me. I often find them amusing. Today Aaron decided to cross a line with his rhetoric.  This person is purposely and willfully misogynistic and spews bigotry on a daily basis. So SS and report right? I did. It also seems to me that nobody involved with this place ever actually sees it I feel like I report racially charged nicknames far too often. Yes ... yes I am THAT person. I usually say live and let live but we all know there are lines that you do not cross anywhere at anytime. There are plenty of groups for ppl like that.   Takes time for them to review all the reports made to do something.

Of course Aaron McFappin laughs cuz its no big deal to him. I put out the question in World Chat ... exactly why is it that devs can't just perma ban a person that is THIS much a problem to every person they come across? Aaron informs me " They don't do such things to big spenders" "We get lil slaps on the wrist"

Yes I have all the SS of this conversation. 

So my question is ... is this true? Devs do nothing to ppl like this because they spend a lot of money? Second part of this question is ... how much money would I need to spend here to have something done about him?  That's not true, they don't care how mush you spend, you break the rules they take action.

This person is purposely and willfully misogynistic and spews bigotry on a daily basis.  

First of all, take responsibility for your own feelings by avoiding interaction with this person. This is the kind of thing that the Ignore button handles pretty effectively, so if you really can't stay away from World Chat, then block every new avi you see from that person and be done with it. Get on with your life.

If, however, you are so upset that you just have to report the person---and I readily acknowledge that there are things that should be reported---then take a screen shot, mark the language that you find offensive, and include in your note to the Devs an explanation of exactly what part of the terms of service you think were violated. Also, encourage the people you know to do the same.

It is unfortunate that the Devs have to be led by the hand with regard to issues like this, but their interests lie elsewhere and they will only do the minimum necessary when faced with absolute necessity. 

The other alternative is to vote with your feet, but that is not an option either when most of your friends are here, too.

@Sage... to be clear I do take responsibility for myself. Have no fear of that. As I said ... these things are generally of no consequence to me.  I usually find them funny (as in so incredibly over the top as to making laughing stocks of themselves) Today however crossed a line. And once seen cannot be unseen with a simple iggy. 

Also on the subject of iggy with this very person. The day before as he was talking in WC someone else said... why can I see him? I have him on iggy. He then implied he used a hack to 'get around iggy' which I believe turned out to be simply buying a new sub and making a new account because so many ppl had him on iggy already. 

The actual reason behind my post and question was... more about the fact that he said (paraphrasing) report him all you want the devs won't do anything because hes a 'big spender' and quite frankly he simply annoyed me. 

@Mar ... now see there. Jimmy isn't the same person? Well the damn guy (Edit.. Jimmy said) said the other day he was. For crying out loud these alts.  The longer I am here the more now I see why ppl have such issue with alts.  I used to use a couple myself and didn't see anything wrong with them. I am kind of figuring out now why it's a problem. ( I also don't actually believe it's about how much money you spend but as I said up there a bit... he annoyed me.)

@AHT I perhaps mispoke with 'often' but I surprisingly hate the report button. Twice since I have been here I have seen a nickname with the 'N' word.  I suppose I got frustrated with it because the second time I did nothing about it for over a week thinking perhaps somebody else would see it and know it's one of those cross the line words to be used. If not liking the N used in open chat or as a nickname makes me prissy. I will wear the label. 

@Mar ... now see there. Jimmy isn't the same person? Well the damn guy (Edit.. Jimmy said) said the other day he was. For crying out loud these alts.  The longer I am here the more now I see why ppl have such issue with alts.  I used to use a couple myself and didn't see anything wrong with them. I am kind of figuring out now why it's a problem. ( I also don't actually believe it's about how much money you spend but as I said up there a bit... he annoyed me.)

He's been said to be a lot of people but he's not Yalun and such that you had listed.  While Jimmy does have alts they are not them.

Coming to a world

Where we can be anything…

Become anyone…

I can’t understand

Why we pack our angst and hate?

And bring it with us

Come here for pleasure

Come here for companionship

But not to spread hate

This place should be FUN

A safe place without worry

A sanctuary

Yet we fuck it up

Are we really that broken…

We can’t be happy?

Like the gift of LiFE

We find a way to complain

Rather than enjoy

Instead of grateful

For all that is good for US

We envy others

We choose what we see

We choose what is important
Leaving none to blame

Hate is like cancer

Infecting more than just its host

Consuming us all

If we don’t evolve

Learn to be happy for others

There’s no salvation

What? Misunderstood?  :huh: 

I thought my message simple 

But words never are.  :rolleyes: 

What I mean to say

Is not always what you hear

That is the problem

Words are slippery

They get lost in translation

As does the message

Just like my first post...

It’s not a poem, it’s Haiku

Close but different  :wacko: 

[snip]

It's not having alts which is an issue or looked down upon, that is part of 3DX and how it was designed for people to RP etc and almost all people use alts for different valid purposes which harm no-one, but a couple of serial offenders continually create new accounts and alts to get around ignores and keep subjecting those who have already decided they have had enough of them and try to remove them from their game experience to more of the same crap, which renders the ignore system practically useless, or lat least minimally so when you have to repeat the same experience of identifying who the person is over and over again and ignoring a new account. It means the ignore hasn't kept you permanently away from being exposed to that person's offensiveness. And effectively means those offenders are circumventing the ignore system to continue trolling others/gain access to others who have done the right thing and put them on ignore, which is actually against TOS and bannable. I was banned from the game once by Jimmy over Christmas one year because I took him off ignore, gave him a verbal serve in WC then put him back on and I was told officially it was for 'abusing the ignore function', so it is obvious to me that when people have used the ignore function on them after making an informed adult decision to remove them from their game experience because they find them offensive, but then the person creates a new account in order specifically to gain access to the same people to continue offending them, it is also an abuse of the ignore function and also should be a bannable offense.

[snip]

I don't disagree with anything you say here, and am quoting simply to reinforce another point.

Just as you say, the game was designed to allow players to use multiple characters, the ignore system doesn't work properly, and there are a few serial offenders who continually violate the TOS and ruin the in-game experience of others.

So, who should be held responsible for this? Quite clearly, the people who designed the game, who fail to fix the bugs and oversights that keep the game from working as intended, and who fail to properly enforce their own TOS. 

Sadly, most of us continue to pay for subscriptions here, because we don't want to lose contact with the friends we have made and because the other options out there are all equally as flawed as 3DX. Oh, and also because a lot of us are actually happier when we have something to bitch about. :P

I know I am treading on thin ice, but the people we should be taking to task here are not the "serial offenders," who are merely doing what they are allowed to get away with. The people we should be criticizing are the ones who operate the game yet fail to prevent the serial offenders from stirring the pot. 

I have been watching this thread. I think that more people would renew their subscriptions if the bullies were removed from the game. To do this people must make reports. The moderators should act on these reports. I think that only the bullies want to spend the time making reports. I think the moderators do act on the reports they get. I think many reports they have are an interpretation of something that was not meant.

I make an edit here. I think it is important that people should make reports when they see something that is wrong.

A lot of people have been but I'll drop the rest of that comment.  There are some that should be removed and I think all accounts should be checked from the start of the forum/game to present because of the running of so many alt accounts it's actually sad as if there is no life besides here.  Even when other people file reports even if you say it's the troublemakers which it doesn't matter who does it as it gets reviewed as a whole and action is taken according to that not by User but overall.  Have an issue with it, Ignore becomes your friend.