3DXChat Community

Trump acting like Master of the Universe

AllisonStarlove

'Cringeworthy': Donald Trump's faux pas while meeting with the Queen

Described as "cringeworthy" and "uncomfortable" viewing on social media, footage of their walk together came under intense scrutiny. While touring the castle grounds, Trump maintained a relatively brisk walk, which saw the queen, at times, fall behind him as he led the way.

Some observers instantly became defensive of the queen, who turned 92 this year. "Did Donald Trump just WALK IN FRONT OF THE QUEEN?!?!?!" asked one clearly offended user. "I detested how Trump dared walk in front of the Queen today," wrote another

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12088971

I guess he is above the rules of common etiquette or a countries royal treatment, and likes leaving 92 year old women in the dust.

It is more than that,he does not get it. Once elected President he represents all the people, not just one political party, the entire nation. As President he is the face of a nation, learning other countries' customs and cultural dos and don'ts is part of the job. Saluting another country's active general is an insult for many men who wear or wore the Uniform. Those insults he did was not just a 92 year old woman, but one held to high value of British and Canadian people. Or other countries that regard the royals to high value. 

As I recall Paul Keating touched her back in the 90s. I'm quite sure the Queen is ok with meeting President Trump and is over his misteps. I love how the same media outlets who loved Bill Clinton suddenly think Trump is the worst thing ever. For those too young to recall Bill Clinton basically forced a 21 old woman to commit perjury.

I personally don't like Trump for various reasons but I don't see the big issue there. The queen is wonderful and I'm pretty sure she didn't care about that mistake and watching videos of the entire thing it's clearly seen that he did in fact show respect to the old lady and was careful around her. He made a wrong step and the media is buzzing. He is not young either. Come on the media is buzzing about anything we, the little people would want to read and talk about. That's what the media is for.