3DXChat Community

Graphics freeze, sounds/music continues

Hisstress

We've already discussed the 64 bit client issue.  The game would need to use 5 times as much ram as it currently does before a 64 bit client would have any effect.  

And, you don't need to download special programs to see how your system is doing.  On Windows, you can get a good indication by doing the following.

1) On your keyboard hit the "Ctrl" the "Alt" and the "Del" keys simultaneously, and release them.

2) Choose "Task Manager"

3) On the bottom left, click the arrow that says "More Choices."

That will show you which of the major system components (CPU, Memory, Disk usage, Network, and GPU) are being stressed. It will also show you which apps are stressing them.

Tlaera

ceres this has happened to me in other games n the cause was that my curent gpu at that time wasnt working wellunderclocking helped me cause card had burned some circuits n couldnt handle all the power that originaly could handle undrclocking helped for a while  till i bought new card n send the bad card in tec they told me about burned circuits ,

also black screen indication is gpu fault blue screen is cpu 

The weird thing is?  With my GPU I can play ANYTHING on ultra ... like all day long ... with no problems.  3dx is the ONLY game with these stupid black screen crashes.  But underclocking the GPU seems to have solved my 3dx crash problem.  I don't underclock for any other game. 

So I'll just stick with my current GPU until it's obsolete (and I can afford a new GPU). 

We've already discussed the 64 bit client issue.  The game would need to use 5 times as much ram as it currently does before a 64 bit client would have any effect.  

And, you don't need to download special programs to see how your system is doing.  On Windows, you can get a good indication by doing the following.

1) On your keyboard hit the "Ctrl" the "Alt" and the "Del" keys simultaneously, and release them.

2) Choose "Task Manager"

3) On the bottom left, click the arrow that says "More Choices."

That will show you which of the major system components (CPU, Memory, Disk usage, Network, and GPU) are being stressed. It will also show you which apps are stressing them.

Tlaera

Tlaera "Task Manager" gives you a very basic overview of % in use of your GPU & CPU. And seeing how all but the latest GPU's run at near 100% load as they should be and designed to do. (The only time it won't is if your GPU is a top end card). Task manager is no help at all.

It does not give accurate information on anything else. Like Temperature's of all your cores and GPU and motherboard, Your clocks rate, Power flow, Air flow, Frame rate and a host of other GPU information specifically for determining and adjusting your GPU performance. As an example temperature's that your GPU & CPU is running at during stress is one of the vital indicators used in determining and understanding an issue.

Please don't give bad advice and discount good advice when it is given. Thank you.

Abbey

"Good advice" is in the eye of the beholder, it seems.  I've been a professional software developer for almost 25 years.  The advice to give admin access to some exes that you learned about in a anonymous chat forum has never been "good" in my world.

It is considerably safer and easier to hit Ctrl-alt-del right now and get some information than it is to install new things.  If task manager doesn't help, the user wasted about a minute and didn't put their machine at risk.  They can always install the exes later. 

But, if you folks are the experts here, I'll leave you to it.  

Tlaera 

"Good advice" is in the eye of the beholder, it seems.  I've been a professional software developer for almost 25 years.  The advice to give admin access to some exes that you learned about in a anonymous chat forum has never been "good" in my world.

It is considerably safer and easier to hit Ctrl-alt-del right now and get some information than it is to install new things.  If task manager doesn't help, the user wasted about a minute and didn't put their machine at risk.  They can always install the exes later. 

But, if you folks are the experts here, I'll leave you to it.  

Tlaera 

I'd hardly call MSI Afterburner developed by "MSI" malicious or dangerous as you clearly imply. HW Monitor is a well respected, highly used and vetted piece of software. Anyone with a keyboard and google can do their own research on the official links to apps I have given.

In your 25 years of software development you do not know who "MSI" is? Your being a touch melodramatic. With all your professional software coding (not hardware) experience you don't know that GPU's are designed to run at high load to give you maximum quality and performance. That using task manager as a stress indiciator on your GPU is all but useless because of this basic fact?

Seriously is it that hard to acknowledge you don't know it all with a touch of grace.

Abbey

Depending on the use, afterburner.... burns your computer....But that's not the topic.

Reguarding one answer : response time of the server... This is the part of the developers

Computer you don't need a big one.. just one with upgraded driver.... but manufacturers have decided to stop the support.

Afterburner will only damage your GPU if you lack the adequate knowledge of computer hardware and what your doing with settings and overlocking.

In this instance I am only recommending it as a tool to get detailed readings of your GPU's performance as stated in my previous posts.

Abbey

I don't think my memory or graphics processing is the problem since I don't have this problem in any way in anything else I do or use.  I've played plenty of games involving intense 3D graphics action and never this issue.

I have noticed a very strange pattern.  I said originally this happens at random times.  Actually, it only seems to happen when I'm opening or about to open my room.  Not when I'm in the world editor and not when I'm in any other room.  But when I open mine, my game will frequently seize up on me, graphics frozen but music/sound still playing.  

Has anyone else faced this bug?

I've reinstalled Windows twice (for other reasons),  and I'm still having this problem.  Does it matter that I'm using a MacBook Pro and using Boot Camp?  I really need help here. I can't use my rooms at all because the game freezes in them. Can anyone help me?

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a same or similar problem with the graphics freezing to black screen and the sound continuing, for the past several months.  I have also noticed that if I have switched windows to look at something else, eg. on the internet, when it happens then I can't actually switch back into 3dx (I can still hear it) and instead I get a small blue box saying "3DXChat"in the top left corner of my screen overlaying whatever was the current active application.

I also only have this problem with 3dx.

Regarding the various discussions above, I am not convinced that the problem is due to the spec of the host computer (GPU, RAM, disk speed, whatever) and I'm not sure that a bigger/faster GPU will solve the problem for those expecting that.  Here are my laptop specs which are pretty much as high as they could be:

• RAM: 32GB
  • CPU: Intel® Core i7-7820HK CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2901 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, 8GB
  • Storage: 2 x 1TB SSD; 1 x 1TB SATA (I am only using the SSD's)
  • Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 x 120 hertz
I mention the screen resolution because I have all my 3dx settings configured to the "Extremely High" preset, with FXAA anti-aliasing, No limit FPS, and 2560 x 1440 resolution - yet the graphics quality of the game deteriorated at some point in the past, for example with avatar faces looking extremely contrasty (I think I just made that word up) and somewhat nasty.  See the screen shot below.

I am running the standard 32bit version of the game with only the standard DLL's.  The same problem with crashing used to happen when I tried the 64bit version.

(p.s. the graphics crashed in 3dx while I was typing this.)

post-6853-0-76879900-1534951453_thumb.jpg

I also have a same or similar problem with the graphics freezing to black screen and the sound continuing, for the past several months.  I have also noticed that if I have switched windows to look at something else, eg. on the internet, when it happens then I can't actually switch back into 3dx (I can still hear it) and instead I get a small blue box saying "3DXChat"in the top left corner of my screen overlaying whatever was the current active application.

I also only have this problem with 3dx.

Regarding the various discussions above, I am not convinced that the problem is due to the spec of the host computer (GPU, RAM, disk speed, whatever) and I'm not sure that a bigger/faster GPU will solve the problem for those expecting that.  Here are my laptop specs which are pretty much as high as they could be:

• RAM: 32GB
  • CPU: Intel® Core i7-7820HK CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2901 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, 8GB
  • Storage: 2 x 1TB SSD; 1 x 1TB SATA (I am only using the SSD's)
  • Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 x 120 hertz
I mention the screen resolution because I have all my 3dx settings configured to the "Extremely High" preset, with FXAA anti-aliasing, No limit FPS, and 2560 x 1440 resolution - yet the graphics quality of the game deteriorated at some point in the past, for example with avatar faces looking extremely contrasty (I think I just made that word up) and somewhat nasty.  See the screen shot below.

I am running the standard 32bit version of the game with only the standard DLL's.  The same problem with crashing used to happen when I tried the 64bit version.

(p.s. the graphics crashed in 3dx while I was typing this.)

This is EXACTLY the behavior I deal with.  To the letter, exactly what I've been trying to fix with no success. Nothing is working.  Just recently, it happened when I was in someone else's room.  I'm used to the problem only occurring when in my room.  It's so frustrating that I considering just stopping use of the game and trying again after a future update.

Guys the game is poorly optimized and we all know that so there is no need to argue about how is running bad for who and for who doesn't.

i have an i5 6900k, 16 gb of ram, Gtx 1070 on windows 10 and no matter which resolution i play it , it still run bad while i run other games pretty fine at 60fps.

Until they fix it there is no solution for us to just wait and complain

Guys the game is poorly optimized and we all know that so there is no need to argue about how is running bad for who and for who doesn't.

i have an i5 6900k, 16 gb of ram, Gtx 1070 on windows 10 and no matter which resolution i play it , it still run bad while i run other games pretty fine at 60fps.

Until they fix it there is no solution for us to just wait and complain

Er....hang on a minute!  I was not arguing or complaining, and I don't think Hisstress was either.   I was just providing simple FACTS to the game's official Technical Support forum thread for the primary benefit of the game's developers.

Er....hang on a minute!  I was not arguing or complaining, and I don't think Hisstress was either.   I was just providing simple FACTS to the game's official Technical Support forum thread for the primary benefit of the game's developers.

Still it's not like they will do something about that :P

You are not the first and you will not be the last that will "provide" valuable infos to the developers so they MIGHT take them in consideration to fix it later <_<

I can't say that they don't read us... but they sure don't do anything to prove the actually do it :huh:

I think it has something to do with optimization mainly, but I have a Intel Xeon E3-1535M v6 processor with Nvidia Quadro P4000 graphics and certain rooms gives me graphics freezes with some fps drops, but other graphic intensive games I could run everything ultra settings and suffer no issues with fps or freezing. hope the update comes around soon.

I think it has something to do with optimization mainly, but I have a Intel Xeon E3-1535M v6 processor with Nvidia Quadro P4000 graphics and certain rooms gives me graphics freezes with some fps drops, but other graphic intensive games I could run everything ultra settings and suffer no issues with fps or freezing. hope the update comes around soon.

That card is going to offer poor gaming performance. It's better suited for use in a workstation pc for content creation.

Had the same issue .. since the test server .. which I removed and did a full registry clean and install of the game .. but since I reinstalled it I'm having to do the very same thing , open task manager and end the game as a task .. the whole thing just freezes , other stuff on my pc works so I know its some glitch or bug in 3dx .. seeing this post has just verified that ... still get the music .. just the graphics freeze .. any ideas please?